Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nate Longshore

3 33.33%
  • Kevin Riley

6 66.67%
    vCash

Cal QB Battle: Who Wins?

While California coach Jeff Tedford insists that Nate Longshore won't lose his quarterback competition with Kevin Riley because of a pectoral injury that knocked him out of spring practices, it certainly can't help.

Riley is already the fan favorite because he came off the bench and led the Bears to a comeback victory over Air Force in the Armed Forces Bowl. He's more mobile than Longshore -- see his abortive run against Oregon State that started Cal's massive swoon last season -- and his extra time with the first-team offense could outshine what had been a solid spring for Longshore, who has 26 starts to his credit despite frequent injury woes.

Nonetheless, Longshore will have plenty of time to regain his footing. Tedford has said he's in no rush to name a starter, and he could hold off on the decision until the week of the Aug. 30 season opener against Michigan State.
    -ESPN

I'm really not sure why nobody seems to like Nate Longshore but i do. I think he is a very talented QB, who should be leading Cal going into next season. I'm not trying to take anything away from Riley either because he will be a good starting QB.

What do you guys think?
    COME VISIT THE PSD FITNESS FORUM!!![/B][/CENTER]

vCash
    Riley was so incredible in the bowl game last season, but Longshore is the better QB IMO.

Riley will get his opportunity, but at least to start the season, Longshore needs to be the starter.

vCash
    Kevin Riley should be the starter. Riley has shown a glimpse of potential that Longshore has never shown even in his respectable 2006 season.
    Riley has a chance to be great.
    Longshore can only hope to be adequate.

vCash
    Riley.
    It was horrible watching Longshore last season. He's horrible. Or at least last year he was. Still, Kevin Riley has an amazing future and why not get it started now? Longshores not getting us anywhere.

vCash
    Riley should start but it will go to Longshore

vCash
    I agree, although Longshore was sooo bad against Washington. Everyone at Cal ****s on Longshore when they are drunk, including the football players, haha. But in his defence, Oregon St. was Tedford's fault.

Thanks B Dawk 20