Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 52 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderdave View Post
    so I guess we are stuck with you being a raiders fanbtw..I was a 49er fan for my first year or two of following football, but then in 1967,bored with the niners I changed the station on my radio and heard the late great bill king doing play by play of the raiders led by the mad bomber blowing out, I think it was the oilers..I was hooked from then on. I was 10 then,that same year I became a usc fan, that was o.j.'s first year with troy.

That`s right Dave in 1972 I took a lifelong membership to the Oakland Raiders & the Oakland Athletics, feel lucky to have me lol.

Reggie got played in a New York Minute

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_firm_09 View Post
    I remember Chandler catching passes from Joe Ferguson in Buffalo for a good amount of years. I don`t know why he always reminded me of a taller Fred B, he had very good hands and found the end zone during his career. His arrival in Oakland was perfect as he did in fact get a ring vs. the Eagles, he made 3 or 4 catches that game as well.
    I was surprised to learn of his passing much like Eric Turner, these players fall sick and it`s kept very private. Turner was actively a Raider and most everyone expected him to play the next season until the news broke: Eric Turner dies of cancer, I don`t recall anyone knowing the man was even sick.
    The two best guys I've ever seen at planting their toes in bounds and catching the ball while falling out of bounds.

-Stork

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_firm_09 View Post
    I remember Chandler catching passes from Joe Ferguson in Buffalo for a good amount of years. I don`t know why he always reminded me of a taller Fred B, he had very good hands and found the end zone during his career. His arrival in Oakland was perfect as he did in fact get a ring vs. the Eagles, he made 3 or 4 catches that game as well.
    I was surprised to learn of his passing much like Eric Turner, these players fall sick and it`s kept very private. Turner was actively a Raider and most everyone expected him to play the next season until the news broke: Eric Turner dies of cancer, I don`t recall anyone knowing the man was even sick.
    Bobby had a rare form of lung cancer despite the fact he was never a smoker and took good care of himself. He went fast after his diagnosis. I was a sophomore in college when he passed. I was pen pals with him in High School (sounds corny I know), but he always took the time to write me back. Class act and a person I will never forget, he sent me an autographed jersey as a graduation gift. My dad also used to bring up the Biletnekoff comparisons. You guys ought to go bowling with him, I would love to sit back and listen to the war stories of the 1970's, or as my dad says, when the Raiders were really good.
    Last edited by Proximo; 02-02-2013 at 10:20 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    The two best guys I've ever seen at planting their toes in bounds and catching the ball while falling out of bounds.

-Stork
    I believe you`re correct both men had hands of glue, lester hayes would be proud. Whether they were falling out of bounds or sliding across the middle, both players created numerous 1st and 10`s for the offense. Yards after the catch wasn`t very important to Chandler or Fred B, catch the ball and move the chains over and over and over.

Both players also found the end zone, 130 touchdowns between both isn`t very shabby, we could use both of these players currently.
    Last edited by the_firm_09; 02-02-2013 at 10:29 AM.

Reggie got played in a New York Minute

vCash
    Damn im jealous hearing all these memories.. I was blessed to become an oakland fan in 2000. With that said my biggest memories were the Tuck Rule, and the super bowl. Nothing to be proud about. I been dying for years to see a succesful football team. Lets hope it changes soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRaiderLove View Post
    Damn im jealous hearing all these memories.. I was blessed to become an oakland fan in 2000. With that said my biggest memories were the Tuck Rule, and the super bowl. Nothing to be proud about. I been dying for years to see a succesful football team. Lets hope it changes soon.
    We'll be back and you may have your own memories soon. I admit, we were spoiled for a couple decades. Good times.

vCash
    Raider fan since birth (the last year the Raiders won the Super Bowl)

But really started wAtching them at 6-7 years old and just loved the LA Raiders and stuck with them ever since.

Loyal to the bone.

vCash
    I love Raider Nation.

vCash
    The loyalty is unquestioned.

We deserve a winner.

vCash
    go raiders

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    Avenged!?

vCash
    My biggest memory was jamarcus russell,O wait... Dat was a disaster .

vCash
    1. Vancouver, Wa.

2. Stefen Wisniewski

3. Lester Hayes

4. No such thing!

5. NBA-LA Lakers, MLB-Seattle Mariners

6. "Once a Raider, always a Raider."
    Last edited by BallZ24Deep; 03-17-2013 at 01:38 PM.

vCash
    Welcome!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy951 View Post
    Welcome!
    Thank you!

Page 52 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast