Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Welcome to the board!
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HILLBILLYBLACK View Post

I will say this. I spent a year working in Cleveland, during that
    horrible period when the old stadium was being torn down and
    people were tearfully bringing bricks home. From what I saw back
    then, Cleveland had some great fans. Good, salt of the Earth kind
    of people who loved their team, and had their hearts seriously
    broken. 'Kinda makes me sad to hear it's gotten bad there as
    far as fans go. 'Must be a new breed. I hope they come around
    in time. Cleveland's a great old city with a truly historic NFL
    history. They deserve to come back around. Just not
    against the Raiders.
    I think that the move took the life out of a lot of those fans, and also the constant turnover from ownership as well. I mean since the Browns came back, the new generation of fans in Cleveland have known nothing but losing and the worst part of it of this is that the New Browns really doesn't connect with the history of the Old Browns (1946-1995) because the ties with the old Browns were severed when the move to Baltimore occured in 1995. And that's why even though the Raiders may be in a tight spot with rebuilding as of now, but the team's history still is alive with the fans, Mark Davis, and most of all, the uniforms.
    Last edited by Dawgpound3; 12-29-2012 at 04:21 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpound3 View Post
    I think that the move took the life out of a lot of those fans, and also the constant turnover from ownership as well. I mean since the Browns came back, the new generation of fans in Cleveland have known nothing but losing and the worst part of it of this is that the New Browns really doesn't connect with the history of the Old Browns (1946-1995) because the ties with the old Browns were severed when the move to Baltimore occured in 1995. And that's why even though the Raiders may be in a tight spot with rebuilding as of now, but the team's history still is alive with the fans, Mark Davis, and most of all, the uniforms.
    And see, this is why I absolutely HATED what Al used to do with the Raiders, threatening to, or actually doing so... moving the Raiders every time he felt the fans and $$$ weren't as he pleased. I know many fans consider his fight against the NFL heroic, but I see the moving of teams as being destructive to the league and to fan loyalty.

I think if owners want out of a city, they should have to sell and leave the team behind, and if they want a new city, go start a team there.
    I know, I know, it's anti-Capitalist and un-American of me. But as a fan, it gets tiresome. Whenever an owner isn't turning enough profit, boom, there comes the threats. I was GLAD when the NFL stepped in and prevented Tom Benson from leaving New Orleans when NOLA had been seriously kicked in the teeth.

And if the Colts had never left Baltimore, Cleveland would still have the Browns, and Indy could have had their own team, a team "born and raised" in Indy.

I dunno. I just hate all the moving around. It breaks a lot of hearts, and I think it's crappy that teams demand fan loyalty and are always chiding people about being "true fans"... but as soon as things get tough, poof. I feel for Cleveland fans. I wonder if it would have been better off if they hadn't kept the Browns name for the new team.
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    1.) Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
    2.) Darren Mcfadden
    3.) Tim Brown, Charlie Garner
    4.) None, who does that? lol
    5.) Baseball - New York Mets, Basketball(College) - UNC, College Football - Notre Dame
    6.) Played Basketball and Football through high school, only intramurals in college. Love sports 24/7 currently working for an insurance company and its booooooringggg.

vCash
    Welcome king! love your answer "who does that?" Haha
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
    Welcome king! love your answer "who does that?" Haha
    Lol just my true feelings on the matter! Thanks though happy to be here.

vCash

The Raiderrrrs !!!!

I'm from Porterville ,Ca USA
    Favorite current player is Wheeler because he tackles good.
    Favorite great player is Bo Jackson and Tim Brown.
    Age is 30 and I been representing the Raiders since I was 8. I only play with the Raiders on Madden since 94 , so that's all I got to say about other teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider24-7/365 View Post
    I'm from Porterville ,Ca USA
    Favorite current player is Wheeler because he tackles good.
    Favorite great player is Bo Jackson and Tim Brown.
    Age is 30 and I been representing the Raiders since I was 8. I only play with the Raiders on Madden since 94 , so that's all I got to say about other teams.
    Me too and my friend that's a Packers fans would always talk **** cuz no matter what we would always have a good game even though their rating was always higher...Speed kills, ON MADDEN lol

Oh and welcome to PSD!! Just a heads up though, you gotta have thick skin to roam around these parts...
    Last edited by bigjunior559; 01-21-2013 at 11:24 PM.
    "The Greatness Of The Raiders Lies In The Future"-Al Davis

vCash
    Boise
    Carson Palmer-Miles Burris
    Bobby Chandler
    USC-Fight on

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpound3 View Post
    I got tired of all of the bickering with the other Cleveland fans, and wanted to pick a team where the fanbase was united and strong no matter what the team's record was, good or bad.

It`s illegal for a male to jump ship. Once you pick your team, you stick with your team until death do you part. It`s legal for a woman to change teams or have several teams. Once a male has quit a team there`s a good possibility that male may quit other things in his life, it`s best for you to go back where you came from.

You`ll thank me years down the road.

The Browns are in year 1 of new ownership, with Steeler roots. Wake up kid
    Last edited by the_firm_09; 02-01-2013 at 07:07 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HILLBILLYBLACK View Post
    And see, this is why I absolutely HATED what Al used to do with the Raiders, threatening to, or actually doing so... moving the Raiders every time he felt the fans and $$$ weren't as he pleased. I know many fans consider his fight against the NFL heroic, but I see the moving of teams as being destructive to the league and to fan loyalty.

I think if owners want out of a city, they should have to sell and leave the team behind, and if they want a new city, go start a team there.
    I know, I know, it's anti-Capitalist and un-American of me. But as a fan, it gets tiresome. Whenever an owner isn't turning enough profit, boom, there comes the threats. I was GLAD when the NFL stepped in and prevented Tom Benson from leaving New Orleans when NOLA had been seriously kicked in the teeth.

And if the Colts had never left Baltimore, Cleveland would still have the Browns, and Indy could have had their own team, a team "born and raised" in Indy.

I dunno. I just hate all the moving around. It breaks a lot of hearts, and I think it's crappy that teams demand fan loyalty and are always chiding people about being "true fans"... but as soon as things get tough, poof. I feel for Cleveland fans. I wonder if it would have been better off if they hadn't kept the Browns name for the new team.
    Not only that it gets confusing..the los angeles lakers?..not many lakes in L.A....10,000 in minnesota...not many cardinals in arizona..they are still in st. louis(at least playing baseball)..the best one though the Utah Jazz?.really c'mon man..At least when seattle supersonics moved to okc,,they became the thunder..then theres the phila a's, no the kc a's..no the oakland A's....speaking of baseball what if Bob Lurie hadnt saved the sf giants from being sold to someone who would have moved them back in the 70's..btw Lurie and his partner, some dude from arizona bought the giants for 8 million..the same amount Posey will make this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_firm_09 View Post
    It`s illegal for a male to jump ship. Once you pick your team, you stick with your team until death do you part. It`s legal for a woman to change teams or have several teams. Once a male has quit a team there`s a good possibility that male may quit other things in his life, it`s best for you to go back where you came from.

You`ll thank me years down the road.

The Browns are in year 1 of new ownership, with Steeler roots. Wake up kid
    so I guess we are stuck with you being a raiders fanbtw..I was a 49er fan for my first year or two of following football, but then in 1967,bored with the niners I changed the station on my radio and heard the late great bill king doing play by play of the raiders led by the mad bomber blowing out, I think it was the oilers..I was hooked from then on. I was 10 then,that same year I became a usc fan, that was o.j.'s first year with troy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Boise
    Carson Palmer-Miles Burris
    Bobby Chandler
    USC-Fight on
    Bobby Chandler..that's going way back, he was a great sc wr..Do you remember the usc qb Jimmy Jones?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderdave View Post
    Bobby Chandler..that's going way back, he was a great sc wr..Do you remember the usc qb Jimmy Jones?
    I only saw Chandler play in 1981, briefly. I remember him getting hurt and almost dying from the hit he took which lacerated his spleen, and required its removal. Week 1 against Denver. I remember his comeback later in the season and I remember my father using him as an example of heart and courage. I was but only 7 or 8, but he made a huge impression on me at a young age. I got the opportunity to meet him when I was in High School in the late 1980's at a football camp held at the University of Redlands campus, he was a great coach and took a liking to me for some reason. I wore his number #85 in High School and stayed in touch with him before his tragic death in 1994. Super person who passed well before his time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    I only saw Chandler play in 1981, briefly. I remember him getting hurt and almost dying from the hit he took which lacerated his spleen, and required its removal. Week 1 against Denver. I remember his comeback later in the season and I remember my father using him as an example of heart and courage. I was but only 7 or 8, but he made a huge impression on me at a young age. I got the opportunity to meet him when I was in High School in the late 1980's at a football camp held at the University of Redlands campus, he was a great coach and took a liking to me for some reason. I wore his number #85 in High School and stayed in touch with him before his tragic death in 1994. Super person who passed well before his time.
    I remember Chandler catching passes from Joe Ferguson in Buffalo for a good amount of years. I don`t know why he always reminded me of a taller Fred B, he had very good hands and found the end zone during his career. His arrival in Oakland was perfect as he did in fact get a ring vs. the Eagles, he made 3 or 4 catches that game as well.
    I was surprised to learn of his passing much like Eric Turner, these players fall sick and it`s kept very private. Turner was actively a Raider and most everyone expected him to play the next season until the news broke: Eric Turner dies of cancer, I don`t recall anyone knowing the man was even sick.

Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast