Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Strengths and weaknesses going into the season.

As of now what will be our strengths and what would be our weaknesses going into the regular season.For me I think our running game will be our strength.I see latavius staying healthy and rushing for 1,100+ and I definitely see trent richardson pounding the rock and reviving his career but as backup of course.Roy helu will catch many passes from the backfield and he will add a little spark to our run game.

I see our defensive pass rush as a weakness,I think if we somehow get some pass rushers in here we might have a chance but as of now we will not get to the quarterback.We will however stop the run but im talking about weaknesses so enough about that,what do you guys think our strength and weakness will be?

Conor ( THE NOTORIOUS ) McGregor

vCash
    Strength like you said running the ball and stopping the run, weakness pass rushing and throwing the ball( not carrs fault) but if we can somehow get good players in the draft as in a WR and DE then it might not be a weakness anymore. Carr needs better then cfl receivers

vCash
    Im not sure this team has a strength.

We are saying running the ball is our strength now? We had the worst rushing attack ive ever seen in the NFL last season, but our blind faith makes us feel as though thats changed into an NFL strength?

Comparing our team to the other 31 in the league, we dont have a single strength.

Not at QB, Wr, Rb, either line, secondary, LB's, ST's --- we are below average at all of these.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post

We are saying running the ball is our strength now? We had the worst rushing attack ive ever seen in the NFL last season, but our blind faith makes us feel as though thats changed into an NFL strength?

Comparing our team to the other 31 in the league, we dont have a single strength.

Not at QB, Wr, Rb, either line, secondary, LB's, ST's --- we are below average at all of these.
    Your definitely not wrong... But, we are not significantly below average in any of those categories. Like the previous posters said, best case scenario, if we get a starter quality DE and WR in the draft pass rush just might become a strength for us, and our receiving core becomes above average. Our O line is under-rated IF Howard plays to his full ability and we get a solid RG. C, LG, LT are pretty good strength for us. LBs are well above average as a whole. Most of that has to do with Mack, but still... Secondary is the biggest question mark. Will Hayden and Carrie carry their weight is the biggest question of the defense. How will Allen perform and how much does Woodson really have left? Running back is right up there with the secondary. Im not convinced of Murray, simply because he hasnt done the job full time yet. Lots of potential, but that only goes so far. QB is about average, hopefully can take a huge step forward, again we'll see. Overall, right now, were below average as a whole. That wont change until we change it. But I honestly dont think we are very far off.

vCash
    Strengths? LOL

Really?

QB...No
    RB...No
    WR...No
    TE...No
    OL...No

That's the offense lol

DE...No
    DT...No
    LB...maybe
    DB...No

vCash
    If we had a strength it would have to be a perceived one because we just don't know how good the running game will be. The additions, on paper, seem to point towards a very good running game when you take into consideration what the organization has brought in. Musgrave and Tice in the coaching ranks and then talent wise Hudson, Richardson, Helu, Smith.

We have so many weaknesses I think I will just point out the two most glaring. We can't pass the ball further than 6 yards and we can't stop the other team from passing. Basically, scoring and stopping a team from scoring with any consistency.

vCash
    Linebackers are a big question mark, as well as the O line. If they fix those issues, everything should fall into place.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post

+1
    Until we can show a much improved offensive line, our running game will be hit and miss no matter who the back.
    Just Win Baby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    strengths? Lol

really?

Qb...no
    rb...no
    wr...no
    te...no
    ol...no

that's the offense lol

de...no
    dt...no
    lb...maybe
    db...no

vCash
    Someone actually posted saying our passing attack will be a weakness, then says it won't be Carrs fault??? You ******** me? How would that not be his fault? Isn't it his job to at least make sure that's not a weak area? I mean he should be good enough to make us decent in passing with the way you all rave about him. Smh. The excuses never end for fan boys

vCash
    There are no strengths on this team.

vCash
    So much skepticism.

Strengths - Gabe Jackson, Khalil Mack, Charles Woodson, Rodney Hudson

Weaknesses - Everyone else.

Im guessing thats the reason why.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable650 View Post
    Someone actually posted saying our passing attack will be a weakness, then says it won't be Carrs fault??? You ******** me? How would that not be his fault? Isn't it his job to at least make sure that's not a weak area? I mean he should be good enough to make us decent in passing with the way you all rave about him. Smh. The excuses never end for fan boys
    We all agree that Carr has the skills of Tom Brady. He is just hindered by a weak supporting cast at this time. Carr, like Tom, was a late round selection who has proven he can be a franchise QB in the NFL. As soon as we get some WRs who can catch the ball, Carr will make the Pro-bowl. Happy Friday !
    Just Win Baby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sHellsBells12:29809134
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable650 View Post
    We all agree that Carr has the skills of Tom Brady. He is just hindered by a weak supporting cast at this time. Carr, like Tom, was a late round selection who has proven he can be a franchise QB in the NFL. As soon as we get some WRs who can catch the ball, Carr will make the Pro-bowl. Happy Friday !
    I hope this is dripping in sarcasm.

vCash
    Our greatest weakness is two-fold:

1. Lack of talent. Building through the draft, after having purged nearly the entire roster, takes some time. You only get 7 picks a year (and not even that our first two years), so let's see, 49 guys to replace, 7 a year, equals uh, 7 years! Granted, you can fill in with some free agents and UDFAs, but that is NOT the way Reggie is building the team.

2. Lack of cohesion. With the roster turning over at a rate of 50% (more or less) a year, it's nearly impossible to build a team, either off or on the field. It takes time to build the camaraderie off the field and even longer for the guys to learn to play with each other. In addition, an entirely new coaching staff, offensive and defensive schemes, not to mention an entirely new offseason workout /conditioning program.

Edit: I'll add a third weakness, the lack of a permanent home. Need the stadium issues resolved in order to guarantee the cash flow required to compete with all the billionaire owners.

Strengths are few, but much better now than the last 12 years:

1. Talent. Yeah talent can be both a strength and weakness. Lack of much talent is the weakness, newly obtained talent is the strength of the rebuild. Guys like Carr, Mack, Jelly, Jackson are aspiring pro bowl level players in the future. Newly acquired Rodney Hudson is already a pro bowler. So, yeah, not enough, but what is here is cherry!

2. Fiscal Flexibility is another strength. We are no longer mortgaging our future every year in order to "win". Long term instead of short term goals are now the guiding principle of the franchise. This is a huge step forward and critical that it continue if we are to see the renaissance that we all long to be a part of.

Yeah, we need both lines to be improved, somebody to catch kickoffs and punts, etc, etc, etc ... but, the above concerns are far more relevant to the long term success of the franchise than the short term problem of not having a Number One receiver, etc.!
    Last edited by LesterHayes; 04-10-2015 at 02:20 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast