Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Is Harbaugh really a top 5 HC?

And if he is, then why? I know most of us don't follow 49ers closely but can any of you enlighten me on what attributes make Harbaugh a top flight HC? Thanks

vCash
    He is not top 5.

Bellicheck
    Tomlin
    Mike McCarthy
    John Fox
    Sean Payton
    His brother
    Chuck Pagano
    Jeff Fischer

Those are top active coaches. Just an opinion. I think he is good, but he also has a great young talented team.
    Last edited by HawaiiStyle; 12-01-2014 at 03:17 PM.

vCash
    Sure he is or close. He is high maintenance though.

vCash
    We would be lucky to get him as a HC. He is motivated, inspirational, knowledgeable, animated, and more.
    Do not forget the position we sit in. You would do best to welcome any two legged HC at this point.

Go Raiders !
    Just Win Baby

vCash
    Not sure if he's s top 5 NFL coach.

However, he should be on the list of top 5 coaches we have a shot at.

No way we could ever acquire Belichick, McCarthy, Payton, Tomlin, Arians, Pagano, Carroll, Reid, Fisher, John Harbaugh, O'Brien, Kelly, Coughlin.

I'm not saying all these coaches are better, in fact I think less than half are better but we have zero chance with these gentlemen.

Jim Harbaugh should be considered the best current HC that we have a shot at getting, and I would welcome with open arms.

vCash

Is Harbaugh really a top 5 HC?

I just read some HC rankings articles online, I know they are all subjective but one stat caught my eye: 49ers had won 21 regular season games previous 3 seasons before Harbaugh. In 3 seasons with Harbaugh the regular season wins jumped to 36.

So safe to say Harbaugh took them from a 7 win team to a 12 win team?

I wonder what year Baalke became GM? Obviously good drafting makes a difference too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    Sure he is or close. He is high maintenance though.
    Maybe so but I would much rather have the 49ers issues than the Raiders issues.

Not even close.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabian43 View Post
    I just read some HC rankings articles online, I know they are all subjective but one stat caught my eye: 49ers had won 21 regular season games previous 3 seasons before Harbaugh. In 3 seasons with Harbaugh the regular season wins jumped to 36.

So safe to say Harbaugh took them from a 7 win team to a 12 win team?

I wonder what year Baalke became GM? Obviously good drafting makes a difference too
    Both were appointed to their positions in 2011. Baalke worked his way up the organization the previous couple years with various positions.

vCash
    Agree that he is high maintenance. I also agree that the 9ers were underachievers in the years immediately before Harbaugh became their coach. Not sure the same can be said about the current Raiders team. All else being equal, I would rather the team get a coach who won't wear out his welcome before the expiration of his first contract. I do think he is a good coach though (although I do believe he mishandled the jettisoning of Alex Smith).

vCash
    Its debatable if hes top 5 or not. He has been great up untill this year. But in reality he hasnt had been around the league long enough to merit a top 5 designation.

Either way he would be the absolute, undisputed best coach the Raiders can get. The fire, and tenacity he has for chewing people out and throwing fits. That is the fire the Raiders need. Lets remember how the team played for Dennis Allen, they walked all over the poor guy. At least with Harbaugh they will be held accountable. I mean the dude flat out makes people earn a spot on his team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LAOwnsAll15 View Post
    Its debatable if hes top 5 or not. He has been great up untill this year. But in reality he hasnt had been around the league long enough to merit a top 5 designation.

Either way he would be the absolute, undisputed best coach the Raiders can get. The fire, and tenacity he has for chewing people out and throwing fits. That is the fire the Raiders need. Lets remember how the team played for Dennis Allen, they walked all over the poor guy. At least with Harbaugh they will be held accountable. I mean the dude flat out makes people earn a spot on his team.
    Couldn't agree more. Well said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SoccerSophist View Post
    Agree that he is high maintenance. I also agree that the 9ers were underachievers in the years immediately before Harbaugh became their coach. Not sure the same can be said about the current Raiders team. All else being equal, I would rather the team get a coach who won't wear out his welcome before the expiration of his first contract. I do think he is a good coach though (although I do believe he mishandled the jettisoning of Alex Smith).

I dont think he wore out his welcome, I think he has expectations are that of a winning team, a super bowl contender, and frankly that team doesn't have it. I think the GM is just saving his job with letting Harbaugh go. That GM hasn't brought in the players to get them over the hump, and pretending that Harbaugh has lost the locker room is better sell.

I mean if he come here, he better have real expectations of whats hes getting into. I for one would love to have a HC finally have the team actually practicing to win.

What makes a better father, one that doesnt take no ******** and demands great things in school, or one that lets you play ditch school and hang with hoodlums.
    Last edited by LAOwnsAll15; 12-01-2014 at 03:47 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LAOwnsAll15 View Post
    I dont think he wore out his welcome, I think he has expectations are that of a winning team, a super bowl contender, and frankly that team doesn't have it. I think the GM is just saving his job with letting Harbaugh go. That GM hasn't brought in the players to get them over the hump, and pretending that Harbaugh has lost the locker room is better sell.

I mean if he come here, he better have real expectations of whats hes getting into. I for one would love to have a HC finally have the team actually practicing to win.

What makes a better father, one that doesnt take no ******** and demands great things in school, or one that lets you play ditch school and hang with hoodlums.
    I don't know, the 9ers have quite a bit of talent on both sides of the ball. I don't follow the team, but my understanding is that Harbaugh's antics get old after a while and he has lost the team in a short amount of time--despite being a perennial contender for postseason play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SoccerSophist View Post
    I don't know, the 9ers have quite a bit of talent on both sides of the ball. I don't follow the team, but my understanding is that Harbaugh's antics get old after a while and he has lost the team in a short amount of time--despite being a perennial contender for postseason play.

Its debatable but IMO I think he's just too intense for that team, and after losing in the superbowl and falling short last year, he has probably sucked out all the will and moral on that team.

Well since ive been replying with metaphors lately, lets say theres is a personal trainer at a gym named Jimmy. Jimmy is that stereotypical trainer that yells at the top of his lungs and has his clients working harder then anyone else. Its a fact that if you follow Jimmy's instructions you would see results. However, would Jimmy's approach work if his client was some lazy secretary who doesnt even know if she wants to be there? What if you dont see results fast enough?

vCash
    Every coach that has ever coached has some form of blemish to their style. Every coach.

For those that are looking for the perfect coach is looking for a unicorn or one that is so locked up to their respect organization, it would be extensive or irresponsible to acquire.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast