Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

2015 Draft: Yes, the sports media is calculating against the Raiders

Have you noticed how the sports media has suddenly fallen in love with Zach Mettenberger? Or how they're pulling out all the stops to drive down the value of Marcus Mariota?

Well, that's because they don't want Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota to go 1 and 2 in the draft, because they don't want Leonard Williams to slide to the Raiders, even though the same people will harp that the NFL is a passer's league and that your team needs a quarterback, first and foremost.

So now, they're trying to sell Zach Mettenberger as the next Tom Brady. Beware NFL execs: Those writers and "experts" are either sniffing glue or are insane with hatred of the Raiders that they don't want your team to act in your best interests.

At Michigan, Brady was known for intangibles without talent. At LSU, Mettenberger was known for having talent without the intangibles.

If the Titans think that Zach Mettenberger is their future, they will reap what they sow. His baggage is comparable to Jameis Winston (but not the talent), and yet, the sports media all quiet about that, and wants NFL execs to be influenced by their subversive crap.

The real answer for Tennessee is to trade down for Phillip Rivers or Jay Cutler or to take Marcus Mariota and invest in Mettenberger as a trade prospect, but to bank on Mettenberger as the future in 2015 will set-back the Titans for years.

Just as the Raiders were in 2005 when Al Davis traded the 7th pick for Randy Moss and traded back into the 1st round to take CB Fabian Washington and in doing so, passed on Aaron Rodgers (twice), whom at one time was considered for the first pick in the draft but was passed up for Alex Smith. The knock on Rodgers was mostly trivial--his height. In 2004, Ben Roethlisberger also slid to the Steelers, when he was considered a potential pick for 1st overall, but he slid because he was improvisational and not from an NFL-caliber system, but developed as a passer with Ken Whisenhunt (now the HC for the Titans). Teddy Bridgewater also slid in 2014, when he was once considered the 1st pick in the draft.

And remember, the reason why the Browns drank the kool aid on Johnny Manziel was the hype from the media that was pushing him in mock drafts at number 5 to the Raiders, because they knew that Manziel was a dumpster fire waiting to happen. So the Browns drank the kool aid because a homeless guy told Jimmy Haslam to do so. Meanwhile, the same media ran down Bridgewater because of a bad pro-day, while Manziel was the Second Coming because his of pro-day.

Same thing is happening to Mariota--the victim of being picked apart by a sports media that has an agenda of what they want to see and what they don't want to see. So yeah, if the Titans think that Mettenberger is the future--they must be stealing from Mettenberger's stash of marijuana.
    Last edited by rbdz29; 04-20-2015 at 12:11 AM. Reason: new points

vCash
    Lol what did I just read? What kind of lame theory is this?

vCash
    Bro,have you even asked yourself why they would even do a thing like that?.Why would they not want the Leonard to fall to the raiders,why?.

Conor ( THE NOTORIOUS ) McGregor

vCash
    Conspiracy theory guy, is that you?

I just need to know one thing, was it the aliens that killed JFK?

All Aboard the Leonard Williams Hype Train!!!

Image courtesy of weeman.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Lol what did I just read? What kind of lame theory is this?
    I'm sorta thinking somebody else found Mettenberger's stash...

vCash
    Deep breath, find your meds bro!!

vCash
    Mel Gibson?

vCash
    Entertaining theory guy is who I am. But, basically, what I see is a sports media that is picking apart Mariota in the same way that other quarterbacks were before the draft and the sports media was grossly wrong. This article was inspired by columns that asked, "Is Zach Mettenberger the next Tom Brady?" So, I fail to see how my contention--that the sports media doesn't want Winston and Mariota to go 1 and 2--is more ridiculous than that question. The other reality is, I would bet that most people at ESPN are fans of the Patriots, Giants, or Jets and want Mariota to slide to the Jets.

vCash
    Illuminati confirmed.