Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Enough w/ the RELEASE/FIRE EVERYONE threads

Guys,
    I am just as dissapointed as the next Mets fan, but I think enough is enough. It's over, and though I was sickened by it yesterday, today's a new day. We have a lot to look forward to next season...

A fully healthy Church
    A fully healthy Tatis
    A healthier Pedro (If we keep him which is unlikely but still...)
    A healthy Maine
    If we keep Ollie, think of our rotation: Santana, Pelfrey, Maine, Ollie, Pedro/Niese, and hopefully maybe a Lowe or something to be a fifth starter
    And our pen will even be better with a healthier Heilman, Stokes (who has his moments), Parnell, Ayala, and maybe even Niese (Plus, we could sign K-Rod), Maybe Sanchez will get back to old form, and Feliciano/Schoe can work on their stuff during the offseason

And then the big one... F-Mart!

So hey, its depressing, but there's always next year

vCash
    No way in Hell Heilmann, Schowenweiss or Feliciano/Ayala all come back. THey are the faces of our not making the playoffs, and rightfully so.
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Never, under any circumstance, stop rooting for the Mets. It's painful. It's unrewarding. It's downright torture. But it builds tremendous character - it makes the rest of life easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspy44 View Post
    No team looks "good", "gritty", or "fiery" when they are losing games. If the Mets start winning then that will lead everyone to start talking about what great fire and passion they have.... not the other way around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GearsofRock View Post
    No way in Hell Heilmann, Schowenweiss or Feliciano/Ayala all come back. THey are the faces of our not making the playoffs, and rightfully so.
    Would you stop being so nitpicky? That's the point of his post...and he makes a good point. Stop crying, look ahead to next season.

vCash
    fmart looks like a younger alou...everytime he gets on the field he gets hurt again..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532 View Post
    Would you stop being so nitpicky? That's the point of his post...and he makes a good point. Stop crying, look ahead to next season.
    Who's crying? He does make good points. And I disagreed with one of them, and made it known.
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Never, under any circumstance, stop rooting for the Mets. It's painful. It's unrewarding. It's downright torture. But it builds tremendous character - it makes the rest of life easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspy44 View Post
    No team looks "good", "gritty", or "fiery" when they are losing games. If the Mets start winning then that will lead everyone to start talking about what great fire and passion they have.... not the other way around.

vCash
    I woke up this morning, more forgiving of some of the "players to blame". While I still felt sick and almost cracked again, when looking at it, it is hard to blame and single out players.

You can't put it on Feliciano and Schoenoweis, because they wouldn't have had to come in so many times if the starters went longer. And the starters wouldn't have had so much pressure on them if the offense scored more runs etc etc... No one really stepped up in crunch time.

Feliciano and Schoenoweis were good for most of the year, especially the first half. Hell Schoenoweis had barely over a 3 ERA, obv he was less than clutch but still performed. And the more relievers we can the more we would have to find to replace them.

It was a collective failure.

vCash
    you didnt mention a new bench coach: moises alou. that fossil can teach our guys to hit for average.

vCash
    Minaya still doesn't see the pitching as a problem he will probably go after Manny he said the team is too streaky offensively

vCash
    IT'S DAY ONE OF THE MET'S OFFSEASON!

He has not even BEGUN to work on the team for next year.

That is the whole point of the thread!

PLEASE, FEBRUARY, GET HERE SOON!

vCash
    You can't put it on Feliciano and Schoenoweis, because they wouldn't have had to come in so many times if the starters went longer.
    Ridiculous. They wouldn't have had to come in so many times if their penmates could get outs. Unfortunately, nobody (including the two of them) could get anybody out. That's why everyone had so many appearances, not because the starters didn't go long enough.

vCash
    Is it me or is there an organised campaign of new posters with daft ideas? I am not sure I understand, there are more people coming out of woodwork now than in the good times earlier in the season. Is it possible to be a reverse-bandwagon fan who only comes out to complain?

vCash
    Great point.

Maybe the cockroaches will scurry back into the dark in a couple of days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bbsmets View Post
    IT'S DAY ONE OF THE MET'S OFFSEASON!

He has not even BEGUN to work on the team for next year.

That is the whole point of the thread!

PLEASE, FEBRUARY, GET HERE SOON!
    Ah, don't you like the off-season brainwaves of our members here?

They are so wild with imagination.

Guess it the video games that destroyed their thinking process.

vCash
    Brainwaves would suggest taht there were actual BRAINS in use.

vCash
    I want to make a list of the idiots in this place who are posting anything regarding trading Beltran, Reyes, and/or Wright, and have them banned.

No, seriously, these guys are out of control. People her are blaming the offense...I mean, how can you even have an intelligent conversation with someone who thinks that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast