Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laxtonto View Post
    Top 5 is pretty easy
    TB

then a second teir of NYY, Bos, Tex, and Cin

Same for the Bottom...
    Hou, CHW, and Det can all fight out or the bottom
    Let's be fair, the Mets need to be part of the discussion!

For the worst.
    "We're snakebitten, baby." --Fred Wilpon

vCash
    What about the Marlins?
    DUKE.

vCash
    Rays, Angels, Red Sox, Rangers and the Reds.

Off the top of my head I guess

vCash
    i think farm systems are overrated, whats the point in trying to win in 3 years, if you have the chance to win now?

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iam brett favre View Post
    i think farm systems are overrated, whats the point in trying to win in 3 years, if you have the chance to win now?
    Good farm systems are essential for small market teams if they're to win, as a Yankee fan you may not be able to appreciate that though.
    Loose seal. Watch out for loose seal.

I don't care about Lucille. She lies.

vCash
    That's part of the attitude that's got you guys in the "8 year curse."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zzConflict View Post
    Good farm systems are essential for small market teams if they're to win, as a Yankee fan you may not be able to appreciate that though.
    Exactly, small market teams like the Brewers have to thrive off there farm system. We have home grown a lot of our best talent on the Major League team right now

Fielder, Weeks, Hart, Braun, Sheets, Gallardo, Hardy, pretty much the core of the team which then Melvin proceeded to fill in the holes. The key is to have a guy that knows how to spot talent like Jack Z as your scounting director. Things are looking up for Milwaukee because of our farm system.

vCash
    You have to include Milwaukee because our system has produced most of our starters. Fielder, Weeks, Hardy, Hall, Gallardo, Parra, Sheets, Villanueva, Braun, Hart, and there's a few guys in the minors that are supposed to be great, as well, in Mat Gamel, Escobar, and LaPorta. Nobody outside of a WI sports fan know about the Brewers farm system, which is pretty lame. It's not all about buying your players, like Cubs or Yankees.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLER71 View Post
    What about the Marlins?
    Marlins are middle of the pack.

And to the 2 Brewers fans above, it's not about whose system has produced the most impact major league guys for them, it's about whose system is most packed with goodies. By your measure the Phillies would be up there having produced Rollins, Utley, Howard, Burrell, Victorino, Hamels, etc, but they're really a middling farm system.
    Last edited by The A Team; 07-01-2008 at 01:05 PM.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    Overrated? Personally I love the talent the Sox have brought up through the farm, especially starting pitchers. Not only will we likely not have to shell out a ton of money for a Sabthia or Sheets next year or anytime soon, with the exception of resiging Beckett maybe, that moneycan be used for when Papi and Manny are no longer able to produe like they have. And I think the Yankees are starting to see it this way to, which is why they refused to trade a handful of very good prospects for one guy. Dont get me wrong I wish they would have, but from the Yankees standpoint it was a good decision. And all the talk about the Yankees signing Tex and Sabthia, I will be very surprised to see that, I myself believe the Yankees are taking a new direction in the way they build a team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OnWisconsin2007 View Post
    You have to include Milwaukee because our system has produced most of our starters. Fielder, Weeks, Hardy, Hall, Gallardo, Parra, Sheets, Villanueva, Braun, Hart, and there's a few guys in the minors that are supposed to be great, as well, in Mat Gamel, Escobar, and LaPorta. Nobody outside of a WI sports fan know about the Brewers farm system, which is pretty lame. It's not all about buying your players, like Cubs or Yankees.
    All the talent they DID produce is great, but when ranking current systems, you dont get to include all those guys, they're no longer prospects.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox3431 View Post
    All the talent they DID produce is great, but when ranking current systems, you dont get to include all those guys, they're no longer prospects.
    Yeah now we only have Matt LaPorta, Mat Gamel, Alcides Escobar, Jeremy Jeffress, Zach Braddock, Michael Brantley, Cole Gillespie, Angel Salome, Cody Adams, Evan Frederickson, Jake Odorizzi, Jonathan LuCroy, Taylor Green, Lorenzo Cain, Brad Nelson, Luis Pena, Omar Aguilar and Rob Bryson among others, as well as the likely signings of Seth Lintz and Brett Lawrie.

We're certainly hurting for talent in the farm system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big E
    you over rate OBP. especially for the White Sox who leave countless in scoring position. RBI is a way more important stat then OBP anyday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan729 View Post
    Yeah now we only have Matt LaPorta, Mat Gamel, Alcides Escobar, Jeremy Jeffress, Zach Braddock, Michael Brantley, Cole Gillespie, Angel Salome, Cody Adams, Evan Frederickson, Jake Odorizzi, Jonathan LuCroy, Taylor Green, Lorenzo Cain, Brad Nelson, Luis Pena, Omar Aguilar and Rob Bryson among others, as well as the likely signings of Seth Lintz and Brett Lawrie.

We're certainly hurting for talent in the farm system.
    Anyone can name off their teams top 20 prospects, thats really not that impressive. Im not saying the Brewers don't produce quality talent and don't have some in the minors, your just not supporting your case by naming people.

vCash
    BA has it:
    Rays
    Red Sox
    Reds
    Rangers
    Yanks
    Dodgers
    Rockies
    Braves
    Nationals
    Angels
    Mariners
    Padres
    Cardinals
    Marlins
    Diamondbacks
    Orioles
    Mets (Before the Santana deal I'm pretty sure)
    Twins
    Indians
    Cubs
    Brewers
    Phillies
    Giants
    Royals
    Jays
    Pirates
    A's
    White Sox
    Tigers
    Astros

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quiksilver2491 View Post
    Anyone can name off their teams top 20 prospects, thats really not that impressive. Im not saying the Brewers don't produce quality talent and don't have some in the minors, your just not supporting your case by naming people.
    There is very likely four top 100 prospects in that list (LaPorta easily top 20, Gamel around 30, Jeffress around 45 and Escobar around 60) and the possibility of another (Salome who is a fringe top 100 guy) and depending on how the debuts of some of our newly drafted prospects go there could be even more (Lawrie, Odorizzi, Frederickson etc.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big E
    you over rate OBP. especially for the White Sox who leave countless in scoring position. RBI is a way more important stat then OBP anyday.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast