Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    no.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    McGuffie = OVERRATED!..not just saying because I hate UM, but I cant see him and his size doing much early in his career..
    As I've said hes basically a white Lorenzo Booker although less touted.

But he will be considered overrated because of his high school clips on youtube and the comparisons left and right to Reggie Bush although I could look like Reggie Bush if I had 4.4 speed playing against guys that wont play D1 college football.

McGuffie will be a good player but he is not going to be as great as Michigan fans want to believe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rays2010 View Post

But he will be considered overrated because of his high school clips on youtube and the comparisons left and right to Reggie Bush although I could look like Reggie Bush if I had 4.4 speed playing against guys that wont play D1 college football.

McGuffie will be a good player but he is not going to be as great as Michigan fans want to believe
    Cy Fair is AAAAA classification.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
    Cy Fair is AAAAA classification.
    He played against absolutely nobody on the defensive side of the ball compared to someone playing in a Dade County district or a Los Angeles district

vCash
    He played against absolutely nobody on the defensive side of the ball compared to someone playing in a Dade County district or a Los Angeles district
    Miami, L.A., Cincy, Western PA, Etc. BTW, the #15 team in the US is AAAAA from Texas. They never played Cy-Fair, though.

vCash
    With a walk-on trying to run the spread offense?

This team is a mess.

1.Without Pryor,their QB play this year will be mediocre

2.Nice performances by Brown and Minor but can one of them replace Hart's drive,heart,and talent

3.Inexperienced WR's,either Hemmingway or Stonum has to emerge as a Darius Reynaud type of player for Michigan

4.RichRod will need 2 years to bring in good spread offensive lineman,they are as needed as a dual threat QB in this offense and they have some guys who can work for now but guys like Mulk and Huyge both are inexperienced

5.They will most likely start their veteran LB's but they really should just go in for the long haul and start Ezeh,and 2 incoming freshmen like Demens and Hill

I think they will get some wins but Michigan is a real rebuilding process if they're trying to get this team to compete Nationally again.
    1. We have Threet who is a pretty good QB if Pryor doesnt come. No way will who ever you had starting start.

2. Grady should be the starting RB as he is twice as good as the ones you mentioned. Damn near as good as Hart was.

3. Hemmingway will be fine. With Manningham and Mathews getting top two nods. WR corp wont be a problem.

4. Yes, but it also doesnt mean the spread option will be run next year. If Threet is all we have then we arent running the option. Sure RR would like to run it, but if you cant you just simply cant.

5. Nothing wrong with that statement.

Honestly though the team will be down, but not completely out.

On a side note. I doubt McGuffie ever comes to Michigan.
    Free Doug

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poodski View Post
    1. We have Threet who is a pretty good QB if Pryor doesnt come. No way will who ever you had starting start.
    Threet is slower than Mallet,I hope you realize that?
    Threet was deemed of being a good pocket QB but he has 2 cinderblocks for feet and that is what would hurt him in the long run as a POCKET PASSER.

2. Grady should be the starting RB as he is twice as good as the ones you mentioned. Damn near as good as Hart was.
    Grady tore his ACL last season,and he had a lot of hype surrounding him but he never impressed when he played,he would make a good FB in the spread offense.

3. Hemmingway will be fine. With Manningham and Mathews getting top two nods. WR corp wont be a problem.
    Hemmingway can leap and has hands but do not expect him to outrun anyone after he gets the ball.I remember watching one of his HS football games and after he caught the ball on a screen he dived towards the ground instead of taking some contact to get the extra yard.Manningham entered the draft last week.

4. Yes, but it also doesnt mean the spread option will be run next year. If Threet is all we have then we arent running the option. Sure RR would like to run it, but if you cant you just simply cant.
    RR is running the spread option,I dont know where you've been but thats been clear since he took over.

5. Nothing wrong with that statement.

Honestly though the team will be down, but not completely out.

On a side note. I doubt McGuffie ever comes to Michigan.
    Theres been no more news recently about him maybe decommiting so I guess RR has talked him into staying.

vCash
    illini will easily win if michigan dont get pryor

illini still has juice and benn
    and dufrain who averged aroun 8 yards per carry last year

and the defense is still in tacked

vCash
    ^^They're losing their heart and soul of the defense J Leman and they're losing Kevin Mitchell.

I thought Illinois would beat Michigan this year,but they just cant seem to pull it off

vCash
    Mondol ain't a normal walk-on. He was highly recruited out of h.s., but only wanted to play for Michigan according to the article. That's why I liked him. Kids with his size and accolades don't normally walk on.

vCash
    Open for Michigan fans to comment on

Projected Starters:
    Offense:
    QB-Lee Mondol SO
    RB-Carlos Brown SO
    FB-Quintin Patilla SO
    WR-Greg Matthews JR
    WR-Junior Hemmingway SO
    WR-Toney Clemons FR
    LT-Mark Huyge FR
    LG-David Molk FR
    C-Justin Boren JR
    RG-Tim McAvoy JR
    RT-Stephen Schilling SO

Defense(3-3-5?):
    DE-Tim Jamison SR
    DT-Terrance Taylor SR
    DE-Brandon Graham JR
    WLB-Obinna Ezeh SO
    ILB-John Thompson SR
    OLB-Brandon Herron FR
    CB-Donovan Warren SO
    FS-Artis Chambers SO
    SS-Charles Stewart SR
    RV-Steve Brown JR
    CB-Morgan Trent SR

Key Recruits:
    RB Sam McGuffie
    WR Daryl Stonum
    LB Kenny Demens

Preseason Ranking:23

Schedule:
    Utah Loss
    Miami(OH) Win
    At Notre Dame Loss
    Wisconsin Loss
    Illinois Win
    Toledo Win
    At Penn State Loss
    Michigan State Loss
    At Purdue Win
    At Minnesota Loss
    Northwestern Win
    At Ohio State Loss

As you've noticed after reading,this mock does not include Terrelle Pryor heading to Michigan and if he does not go to Michigan,Maze and Blue fans expect a record like this next season with a walk-on starting at QB
    QB- threat
    RB- minor
    wr- mathews, clemons and hemmingway
    line - moosman, molk, schilling, ortman, mcavoy

utah, miami, ND, illinois, toledo, penn state, purdue, minnesota, and northwestern are all wins.
    penn state is going to suck. no qb, no rb and a coach who is 300 hundred years old

vCash
    With a walk-on trying to run the spread offense?

This team is a mess.

1.Without Pryor,their QB play this year will be mediocre

2.Nice performances by Brown and Minor but can one of them replace Hart's drive,heart,and talent

3.Inexperienced WR's,either Hemmingway or Stonum has to emerge as a Darius Reynaud type of player for Michigan

4.RichRod will need 2 years to bring in good spread offensive lineman,they are as needed as a dual threat QB in this offense and they have some guys who can work for now but guys like Mulk and Huyge both are inexperienced

5.They will most likely start their veteran LB's but they really should just go in for the long haul and start Ezeh,and 2 incoming freshmen like Demens and Hill

I think they will get some wins but Michigan is a real rebuilding process if they're trying to get this team to compete Nationally again.
    threat is going to be the QB. rich rod is on a mission to show everybody up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Illionis is very over rated as a team. Their best offensive and defensive players are gone and nothing good to replace them. Also they are playing at the Big House. Juice is a terrible QB and without a runningback to protect him hes going to force too many passes.
    yeah and without a runningback they wont be as good

vCash
    So Very True.

It was a bad situation this season for whoever stepped in,they forced Carr out and now they have to suffer the consequences like Kentucky basketball has after forcing out Tubby Smith
    nobody forced lloyd carr out. he had it in his contract before the season started and everybody knew he was leaving. it always stated that he would recieve his bonus if he was still the coach the following season he got his bonus. that year he changed his contract to say if he was still employed with the college he would recieve his bonus. plus if you talk to any alumni they love carr and he wouldnt have been forced out if he lost every game that year

15. 07-16-2008, 11:35 PM
    Reason
    Insulting post.

vCash

he was doing that against division 5a in texas. that is filled with guys headed to division 1 football.
    thay have already said after looking at him in practice that he is everything as advertised and more.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast