Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Elvis Andrus

Elvis Andrus

In Speaking with some Higher Ups in the Rangers Organization:

There is some Idea of Trading Away Andrus, with rising star Jurickson Profar and a low contract, 3 years 14 million, Andrus could net a huge score.

When I asked the Rangers official who they would desire in a trade, I through out the name Matt Cain and He said,
    "We would want way more than Matt Cain"

Take it for what is worth, but what teams would you feel would go ahead, trade the farm to acquire this guy?

Would the Yanks Trade Banuelos, Bentences, Hughes, and Sanchez for Him?
    Would the Brewers trade Greinke and top Specs?
    --Frankie LO---
    --@frankielo--

he has significant trade value but no way the Yanks part with that much cheap and good talent for Andrus.

Wish my Braves would try to reacquire him but not if the Rangers are asking for our top 3 prospects. Heck not even Teheran. Everytime I think about that Tex trade I want to punch the Braves FO in the nuts. Feliz, Andrus and Harrison would look good in Atlanta right now

Adrus is impressive and could net a decent amount but I really cannot see a team trading the whole farm system for him. He's a solid short stop that steals bases and plays phenomenal defense but he isn't exactly a superstar. If they got more than a player like Matt Cain, I'd be really surprised

Yanks wouldn't trade half that for Andrus. He's good defensively but has a career 11 HRs, steals about 30 bases a year, doesn't get on base enough for a lead-off and doesn't hit for average. Profar is also only in low A ball. He's good, but still a long way off.

The Brewers just traded three of their better prospects for Greinke. They're not going to couple him and the rest of their farm for Elvis Andrus, who is a good, yet, not supurb SS right now with his bat limiting that.

This is like me as a Cubs fans saying that we'd get Greinke and specs for Castro.
    1st Place...the only place that matters

The Rangers are extremely high on Profar, and believe he will make the jump to the pro's sooner than later. The scouts are comparing him to a young Robbie Cano.

Just figured I would start the thread to talk about teams trading players almost pre-prime.
    --Frankie LO---
    --@frankielo--

Quote Originally Posted by Lindystud36 View Post

There is some Idea of Trading Away Andrus, with rising star Jurickson Profar and a low contract, 3 years 14 million, Andrus could net a huge score.

When I asked the Rangers official who they would desire in a trade, I through out the name Matt Cain and He said,

Take it for what is worth, but what teams would you feel would go ahead, trade the farm to acquire this guy?

Oh my no no no. Don't get me wrong, Yankees will need a shortstop eventually once Jeter retires, but they will not trade away all that young and promising talent for 1 guy. Yankees would only make that trade for King Felix, which I would resent extremely

Anyways...

The general idea of trading andrus though is enticing for the Rangers. However, I think they end up keeping him

ypu mean the guys they wouldn't give up for felix hernandez? no chance, you are overrating andrus value intensly here dude
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals 21) Reds

He is young, controllable with a more than capable replacement in the system.

Still, I imagine teams like the Yankees would be much happier going after him in 3 years once he his FA. Jeter has a few years left still and once his contact is up the Yanks will have a lot to work with.

And Profar is a little young still to play in the Majors. Last thing they want is to stunt one of the better prospects in the league right now

I could see the Rangers trading Andrus before or during the last year of his contract. Profar is still a couple years away so there is no reason to rush him with Andrus still under contract for the next 3 years. I do think Profar will replace Andrus though and hopefully Andrus will continue to improve and gain value so that they can get a good hall for him. I think Cain plus more is definitely overvaluing Andrus though. I think an MLB ready player plus a top spec and a mid level spec would be a fair deal.

I don't think so. They weren't willing to ship that package for King Felix. (Sans Sanchez, including Montero) Jete has a few years left in him, not prime, but servicable. Good player, just not worth empting the farm, imo.

Love the voices of the many on the sports forum.
    When I become a GM i will be sure to post my idea's on a forum and use the knowledge of others to help make decisions.
    --Frankie LO---
    --@frankielo--

When Profar is ready, then Andrus may get dealt. Andrus is a financial bargain to the Rangers anyways. He will average less than 5M for the next three seasons.

No teams like to depart with their best prospects in a time period like this either (Feb-March). This is the time of year GMs love. It's the best time to see their best prospects in camp LIVE.
    Last edited by MotownWebGuy; 02-28-2012 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MotownWebGuy View Post
    When Profar is ready, then Andrus may get dealt. Andrus is a financial bargain to the Rangers anyways. He will average less than 5M for the next three seasons.
    The affordability of his contract will only enhance his market value.

Andrus is probably best in the #9 or #2 spot with his limitations at the plate (rarely walks). Profar with his plate discipline could hit leadoff. I'd love to see a L. Martin-Profar or Profar-L. Martin leadoff-#2. Both guys theoretically can draw walks and hit for average and steal bases. Kinsler's nice in the leadoff spot but he might have more value lower in the order, especially if we no longer have Hammy's bat.
    Last edited by Rangerchick; 02-28-2012 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rangerchick View Post
    The affordability of his contract will only enhance his market value.

Andrus is probably best in the #9 or #2 spot with his limitations at the plate (rarely walks). Profar with his plate discipline could hit leadoff. I'd love to see a L. Martin-Profar or Profar-L. Martin leadoff-#2. Both guys theoretically can draw walks and hit for average and steal bases. Kinsler's nice in the leadoff spot but he might have more value lower in the order, especially if we no longer have Hammy's bat.
    no, it mena shtey will keep him until Profar proves he is ready
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals 21) Reds

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast