Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscoSports View Post
    Maybe Im a little biased but he still is a nice add on piece to a trade. But why would the Brewers trade him if they dont need to? That doesnt make any sense, you dont trade someone just to trade them. If it helps the Current Brewers team then I say trade him but if it doesnt why not wait to see if he can figure out his glove at 3b.
    Wasn't it you that said.

He was mentioned in trades to the Cards and the Twins. He has value you just dont see it yet.
    If he was mentioned and he has as much value as you say, wouldn't one of those trades been completed.

Major props to rdwilliamson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsrule View Post
    Wasn't it you that said.

If he was mentioned and he has as much value as you say, wouldn't one of those trades been completed.
    Umm Ive said hes a nice throw in piece and you said he doesnt have much value at all, also those trades arnt centered around Gamel they where around Capuano and Bill Hall respectively. Its pointless debating about something we are never gonna agree on, my view on Gamel is he is a nice prospect and is rising in the ranks and IMO is top 20 in 3B prospects. Your view is well because he repeated West Virginia twice when he was only 19 he cant be that good and up there in rankings.

vCash
    Umm Ive said hes a nice throw in piece and you said he doesnt have much value at all, also those trades arnt centered around Gamel they where around Capuano and Bill Hall respectively. Its pointless debating about something we are never gonna agree on, my view on Gamel is he is a nice prospect and is rising in the ranks and IMO is top 20 in 3B prospects. Your view is well because he repeated West Virginia twice when he was only 19 he cant be that good and up there in rankings.
    My view is based on age, repeating levels, his highest OPS of .850, which came in high A as a 21 year old, and career high of 17 homeruns. He's obviously not a legit prospect, and likely won't make or break a deal. He would be a decent throw in, I can agree with that.

vCash
    My view is based on age, repeating levels, his highest OPS of .850, which came in high A as a 21 year old, and career high of 17 homeruns. He's obviously not a legit prospect, and likely won't make or break a deal. He would be a decent throw in, I can agree with that.

Gamel Played 8 games in WV in 05 then played a whole season there in 06 then moved to Brevard County A+ affiliate for the Brewers in 07 and got moved I believe just before the playoffs in Huntsville (Brewers AA affiliate) . So how is he repeating a level? Haha and hes only 22 in AA, he is so old. You are making him out to be some 26 year old going into AA ball. Still a good prospect.

vCash
    Gamel Played 8 games in WV in 05 then played a whole season there in 06 then moved to Brevard County A+ affiliate for the Brewers in 07 and got moved I believe just before the playoffs in Huntsville (Brewers AA affiliate) . So how is he repeating a level? Haha and hes only 22 in AA, he is so old. You are making him out to be some 26 year old going into AA ball. Still a good prospect.
    Age is a factor, thats what you don't get. I am making him out what he is, sure he is not as far as behind as others. But most legit players can make it to AA full time after three years in the minors. Gamel didn't.

vCash
    villalona.....in 3-4 years

vCash
    Age is a factor, thats what you don't get. I am making him out what he is, sure he is not as far as behind as others. But most legit players can make it to AA full time after three years in the minors. Gamel didn't.
    So you discredit him as a prospect cause it took him 3 1/2 years for him to get to AA? Man I have been telling you he is ONLY 22 going on 23 in July, thats still young and still a good age to be in AA. We are definetely not getting anywhere with this stupid argument. I think this boils down to is I think hes a good prospect and you think hes ok but wont turn into anything. How about we just leave it at that?

vCash
    So you discredit him as a prospect cause it took him 3 1/2 years for him to get to AA? Man I have been telling you he is ONLY 22 going on 23 in July, thats still young and still a good age to be in AA. We are definetely not getting anywhere with this stupid argument. I think this boils down to is I think hes a good prospect and you think hes ok but wont turn into anything. How about we just leave it at that?
    Sure, but if the trend continues he is not gonna make it to the bigs till he is 26. I think he is an ok prospect, but he'll be lucky to make it to the bigs. We can leave it at that.

vCash
    Sure, but if the trend continues he is not gonna make it to the bigs till he is 26. I think he is an ok prospect, but he'll be lucky to make it to the bigs. We can leave it at that.
    Sounds good.

vCash
    Sounds good.
    Ok, good debate

vCash
    Ok, good debate
    Lol yea it was. Good luck to the Cubs cause they are gonna need it this year against the Brewers

vCash
    Angel Villalona 3B San Francisco Giants

hands down.

vCash
    If by hands down, you mean the 4th or 5th best 3B prospect then I agree.

Longoria, Headley, Wood are all better.
    beatin down yo block

vCash
    Why is Headley so overrated on here? His tools aren't even that good he just has great makep, Villalona's ceiling is much higher, I'd take him over Headley any day.
    Loose seal. Watch out for loose seal.

I don't care about Lucille. She lies.

vCash
    The problem is he got into A ball when he was 19 and did not get promoted to high A ball until he was 21.
    Wow a whole 23 at bats in A ball at age 19. Whoop de ****ing do.

Spending almost three years at one level.
    Are you high or just incredibly stupid? How do he spend almost three years at one level? He went from Helena in 2005, got a promotion at the very end of the 2005 season to West Virginia, stayed at West Virginia in 2006 and went to Brevard County in 2007. Unless they keep moving the same minor league team around year after year he didn't stay at one level.

Oh yeah just an FYI the Brewers move ALL of their prospects up one level at a time. Ryan Braun was at every single level for the Brewers but he got moved up faster since he was an advanced college hitter.

His highest OPS was .850 there as well, pretty low for a 21 year old.
    Yet he out hit Ryan Braun at the exact same level and Ryan Braun was 22 years old at the time he was there.

As for the 5-8 prospect ranking that's a joke. He should be no worse than 4th on any list. Honestly, Baseball America has Cole Gillespie ranked ahead of him?

All of this being said Gamel shouldn't be on a top 10 3B prospect list. His defense is putrid, worse than Braun's was.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast