Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 77
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    65
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsrule View Post
    It'd not just age, its the fact he had to stay in A ball for three years before he got promoted. Age is a factor when talking prospects.
    And hes only 22and in AA. I really dont see a problem, he wont be 23 till July which is about half way through a Minor League season. And if the promotions keep going he will be in Milwaukee in September in 09 when he is only 24 which is about the age players come up. You act like he is a 27 that just got to AA, he is still young and will be a good major league IMO but the question is if he is gonna be able to stick at 3rd or not ( if not then he is a trade piece for the Brewers). BTW Gamel hit very well in the Winter league in Hawaii: .333 avg, 8 HR, 25 RBI, 17 BB, 30 SO, .410 OBP, .608 SLG, 1.018 OPS with 3 SB in 33 games and 120 AB. To me thats pretty darn good.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    9,186
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscoSports View Post
    And hes only 22and in AA. I really dont see a problem, he wont be 23 till July which is about half way through a Minor League season. And if the promotions keep going he will be in Milwaukee in September in 09 when he is only 24 which is about the age players come up. You act like he is a 27 that just got to AA, he is still young and will be a good major league IMO but the question is if he is gonna be able to stick at 3rd or not ( if not then he is a trade piece for the Brewers). BTW Gamel hit very well in the Winter league in Hawaii: .333 avg, 8 HR, 25 RBI, 17 BB, 30 SO, .410 OBP, .608 SLG, 1.018 OPS with 3 SB in 33 games and 120 AB. To me thats pretty darn good.
    So did Kyler Burke, that does not tell me much when a guy is playing lower level talent. The problem is he got into A ball when he was 19 and did not get promoted to high A ball until he was 21. Spending almost three years at one level. His highest OPS was .850 there as well, pretty low for a 21 year old. Gamel also ranks in the 5-8 range in the Brewers top ten prospects list. Which is not very good considering the state of their system after all the promotions. All in all, he maybe cracks the top 30 best third basemen in the minors. Nothing more.




    Major props to rdwilliamson

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    65
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsrule View Post
    So did Kyler Burke, that does not tell me much when a guy is playing lower level talent. The problem is he got into A ball when he was 19 and did not get promoted to high A ball until he was 21. Spending almost three years at one level. His highest OPS was .850 there as well, pretty low for a 21 year old. Gamel also ranks in the 5-8 range in the Brewers top ten prospects list. Which is not very good considering the state of their system after all the promotions. All in all, he maybe cracks the top 30 best third basemen in the minors. Nothing more.
    I cant explain it any other way because its not getting into your head, it doesnt matter that he spent 3 or whatever years in A ball he struggled so what now he is doing well and in AA at 22, and he wont be 23 till July and will likely be moved to AAA near the end of the year so being in AAA at 23 is considered bad? You seem to be stuck on someone repeating levels, newsflash it happens, kids struggle they learn and move up. Now if you cant get over that he repeated levels lets talk about your very own Rich Hill, didnt he come up at 26 I mean you keep knocking Gamel for his troubles what about Hill? Is he good or because he repeated levels he must suck or not be in the discussion of the prospects in his category because he repeated levels. Game is in top 20 imo of 3b prospects. Also if you didnt know there are two levels to A ball so he was in West Virginia for 2 years then moved to Brevard County A+ ball last year and later moved to AA.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    9,186
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscoSports View Post
    I cant explain it any other way because its not getting into your head, it doesnt matter that he spent 3 or whatever years in A ball he struggled so what now he is doing well and in AA at 22, and he wont be 23 till July and will likely be moved to AAA near the end of the year so being in AAA at 23 is considered bad? You seem to be stuck on someone repeating levels, newsflash it happens, kids struggle they learn and move up. Now if you cant get over that he repeated levels lets talk about your very own Rich Hill, didnt he come up at 26 I mean you keep knocking Gamel for his troubles what about Hill? Is he good or because he repeated levels he must suck or not be in the discussion of the prospects in his category because he repeated levels. Game is in top 20 imo of 3b prospects. Also if you didnt know there are two levels to A ball so he was in West Virginia for 2 years then moved to Brevard County A+ ball last year and later moved to AA.
    Yeah it happens, but the guys that it happens too are usually not highly touted prospects. Get it thru your head, a guy that can handle promotions is more sought after than a guy who cannot. Hill usually needed to repeat levels a second time, thus why he was never a highly touted prospect. I can't find anywhere that he got any ay-bats at AA.




    Major props to rdwilliamson

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    65
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsrule View Post
    Yeah it happens, but the guys that it happens too are usually not highly touted prospects. Get it thru your head, a guy that can handle promotions is more sought after than a guy who cannot. Hill usually needed to repeat levels a second time, thus why he was never a highly touted prospect. I can't find anywhere that he got any ay-bats at AA.
    Ok the only stats i found was the link reports that we had on Brewerfan.net

    http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...onaax_hunaax_1

    and this shows hes on AA team http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...=t_ros&cid=559

    Also I never said he was a top prospect and no one ever did. The other guy said look out for Gamel cause he is on the rise. He is imo in the top 20 of 3b Prospects which all of them arnt highly touted. He was a 4th round pick for the Brewers in 05 of course he isnt going to be highly touted. Just look at Corey Hart he was a 11th round pick and he is very good. You dont have to be highly touted to be good or because you wernt highly touted you cant become one. Fact is he is still a very nice prospect and will be a trade piece or if he can figure out his glove at 3b then he will be a good prospect for the major league team of the Brewers.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,930
    vCash
    1500
    Deefinitely Evan Longoria and then Andy LaRoche or Headley

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    9,186
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscoSports View Post
    Ok the only stats i found was the link reports that we had on Brewerfan.net

    http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...onaax_hunaax_1

    and this shows hes on AA team http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...=t_ros&cid=559

    Also I never said he was a top prospect and no one ever did. The other guy said look out for Gamel cause he is on the rise. He is imo in the top 20 of 3b Prospects which all of them arnt highly touted. He was a 4th round pick for the Brewers in 05 of course he isnt going to be highly touted. Just look at Corey Hart he was a 11th round pick and he is very good. You dont have to be highly touted to be good or because you wernt highly touted you cant become one. Fact is he is still a very nice prospect and will be a trade piece or if he can figure out his glove at 3b then he will be a good prospect for the major league team of the Brewers.
    Well that was my point, guys who repeat levels are not as sought after or given as great of reports. But that does not mean he can't contribute. He probably has very little value though in a trade.




    Major props to rdwilliamson

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,276
    vCash
    1500
    Longoria, Headly, LaRoach, and dont forget about the Davis kid in Texas unless they move him the 1st

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    9,186
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by laxtonto View Post
    Longoria, Headly, LaRoach, and dont forget about the Davis kid in Texas unless they move him the 1st
    Na, Longoria and Wood are the best. Followed by Headly, Vitters, and Laroche. Davis would not make the top 10.




    Major props to rdwilliamson

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    65
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsrule View Post
    Well that was my point, guys who repeat levels are not as sought after or given as great of reports. But that does not mean he can't contribute. He probably has very little value though in a trade.
    He repeated a level once at the age of 19. I still dont get what you have against the guy, maybe its your Cub bias. Hes becoming a prospect and 4th or 5th in the Brewers System ( Parra, LaPorta, Jeffress, Escobar, Gamel). You dont think he's good and I do maybe we should just agree to disagree. Also where do you get that he has very little trade value? He was mentioned in trades to the Cards and the Twins. He has value you just dont see it yet.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    9,186
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscoSports View Post
    He repeated a level once at the age of 19. I still dont get what you have against the guy, maybe its your Cub bias. Hes becoming a prospect and 4th or 5th in the Brewers System ( Parra, LaPorta, Jeffress, Escobar, Gamel). You dont think he's good and I do maybe we should just agree to disagree. Also where do you get that he has very little trade value? He was mentioned in trades to the Cards and the Twins. He has value you just dont see it yet.
    It's not that I am bias by any stretch, if he was as good as you say he is, then why has he not been traded. He's a decent prospect, nothing more. You don't think your being bias making him a bigger trading chip than he is?




    Major props to rdwilliamson

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    The Big UK.
    Posts
    7,129
    vCash
    1500
    I'd take Villalona over most guys mentioned in here.
    Loose seal. Watch out for loose seal.

    I don't care about Lucille. She lies.


  13. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    9,186
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by zzConflict View Post
    I'd take Villalona over most guys mentioned in here.
    You would take Villalona over Longoria or Headly? Wow.




    Major props to rdwilliamson

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    The Big UK.
    Posts
    7,129
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsrule View Post
    You would take Villalona over Longoria or Headly? Wow.
    I said most, over most, not all. Although I would definately take him over Headly just not Longoria.
    Loose seal. Watch out for loose seal.

    I don't care about Lucille. She lies.


  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    65
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsrule View Post
    It's not that I am bias by any stretch, if he was as good as you say he is, then why has he not been traded. He's a decent prospect, nothing more. You don't think your being bias making him a bigger trading chip than he is?
    Maybe Im a little biased but he still is a nice add on piece to a trade. But why would the Brewers trade him if they dont need to? That doesnt make any sense, you dont trade someone just to trade them. If it helps the Current Brewers team then I say trade him but if it doesnt why not wait to see if he can figure out his glove at 3b.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •