Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Third base prospects

List your top two or three third base prospects that will begin 2008 in the minors.

vCash
    Mariners are Matt Mangini and Matt Tuiasosopo.
    beatin down yo block

vCash
    I meant, in general. Not just for your team, but it's always nice to know up-and-comers

vCash
    Headley for San Diego is one of the best in my knowledge.

vCash
    Top of the list is definitely Longoria..and then Headley..

vCash
    Evan Longoria
    Andy Laroche
    Brandon Wood
    Chase Headley

vCash
    Andy LaRoche and Evan Longoria are the best to my knowledge. Brandon Wood is also very good but I thought he was a SS...
    Good Cardinals Forum Conversation! <---Go to page 4 and 5 where things really heat up !

Quote Originally Posted by JayhawkWild View Post
    It's slowed down some, but mainly I think it has slowed in quality discussions. I mean, we've spent the better part of the last 3 days having invisible conversations and starting a group called BALLIN'!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aroy025 View Post
    Evan Longoria
    Andy Laroche
    Brandon Wood
    Chase Headley
    I'm pretty sure Wood will start in the majors.

vCash
    Longoria is definatly #1 IMO. I also would like to throw a up and coming guy look out for the bat and hopefully this year he brings his glove with him, Mat Gamel, Brewers Organization.

Chris Houston's world, you just living in it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaRRySandAmaN View Post
    Longoria is definatly #1 IMO. I also would like to throw a up and coming guy look out for the bat and hopefully this year he brings his glove with him, Mat Gamel, Brewers Organization.
    No, he would not break the top 10 third basemen in the minors on any list. The top five are

1. Longoria
    2. Wood
    3. Headly
    4. Vitters
    5. Laroche

Gamel has spent the last three years in A ball and will be 23 this year.

Major props to rdwilliamson

vCash
    It is longoria then the rest pretty much for most ready and highest potential after that there is a long drop though.
    "Joe Montana was a product of a system, Dan Marino was a system" -- Bill Walsh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsrule View Post
    No, he would not break the top 10 third basemen in the minors on any list. The top five are

1. Longoria
    2. Wood
    3. Headly
    4. Vitters
    5. Laroche

Gamel has spent the last three years in A ball and will be 23 this year.
    Gamel got promoted to AA late last year and will probably do the same if he keeps raking the way he did last year. His glove is questionable and if he somehow figures it out then he will have a future with the Big ball club in Milwaukee but if not and we have to move him out to the OF then his future is somewhat cloudy and possibly not with the Brewers. I hope that he figures his defensive woes out so he can stick with the Brewers org. because I think he will be a very good Major Leaguer. Btw where does it say that being 23 in AA is a bad thing? Did you ever have trouble learning things?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscoSports View Post
    Gamel got promoted to AA late last year and will probably do the same if he keeps raking the way he did last year. His glove is questionable and if he somehow figures it out then he will have a future with the Big ball club in Milwaukee but if not and we have to move him out to the OF then his future is somewhat cloudy and possibly not with the Brewers. I hope that he figures his defensive woes out so he can stick with the Brewers org. because I think he will be a very good Major Leaguer. Btw where does it say that being 23 in AA is a bad thing? Did you ever have trouble learning things?
    It'd not just age, its the fact he had to stay in A ball for three years before he got promoted. Age is a factor when talking prospects.

Major props to rdwilliamson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscoSports View Post
    Exactly.... I wasnt saying he was a top 5 guy read the post I was saying a up and coming guy for his BAT..... and hopefully he brings his glove.

Longoria blows everyone away, that kid is a stud.

Chris Houston's world, you just living in it

vCash
    cant wait to see what will middlebrooks can do
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast