Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
    vCash

Nationals sign Mike Gonzalez

Via @NationalsPR

Nationals have signed left-handed reliever Michael Gonzalez (33), who will report to Viera.

Gonzalez is 17-21 with 74 holds, 56 saves and a 2.94 ERA in 9 big league seasons with TEX, BAL, ATL and PIT.

Gonzalez has recorded 10.34 strikeouts per 9.0 innings during his career (9th among active relievers with 300+ appearances).

vCash
    Danny Rosenbaum was on the mound again tonight: 6 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 6 K, 95 pitches

ERA now sits at 0.71

vCash
    Looks like the Nats added some catcher depth w/ all the injuries.

@acomak
    The #pirates announced they've traded minor leaguer Kris Watts to the #nats for cash.

vCash
    Watts is a decent pick up for you guys. He is a left handed hitting catcher who shown a little power early in his minor league career. The Pirates have basically always treated him as an organizational player but I always thought he could make a viable backup in the major leagues. At this point he is not somone you would even want as your 3rd catching option but as a 4th or 5th option you could do much worse (I know from last year when the Pirates sent 8 catchers out there).

I'm really hoping he gets a shot in the majors with you guys. He deserves at least a taste of the show.
    Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burgh_fan66 View Post
    Watts is a decent pick up for you guys. He is a left handed hitting catcher who shown a little power early in his minor league career. The Pirates have basically always treated him as an organizational player but I always thought he could make a viable backup in the major leagues. At this point he is not somone you would even want as your 3rd catching option but as a 4th or 5th option you could do much worse (I know from last year when the Pirates sent 8 catchers out there).

I'm really hoping he gets a shot in the majors with you guys. He deserves at least a taste of the show.
    Thanks for the bit of info. Depth is always a good thing. Currently the Nats have seen 5 catchers play at the MLB level this season so hopefully that number doesn't go up anymore!

vCash
    Because I'm obsessed with Dan Rosenbaum (in a good way), thought I'd update on his season so far at Double-A.

Currently sits at 7-2 with a 1.94 ERA. Only given up 19 ER runs in 88 IP.

K/BB ratio is 3.93. Has 2 complete games in 13 starts. One would think he finds his way to Triple-A by seasons end. I still believe he's a guy to keep an eye on down the road. Wouldn't surprise me if the organization gave him a shot at the MLB level much like Tom Millone and Brad Peacock last year. Although with success in DC it may be tougher to this year.

vCash

Koyie Hill signed

Good insurance move.

The Nationals have signed veteran catcher Koyie Hill to a minor-league contract and assigned him to Class AAA Syracuse.

Hill, 33, is a career .210 hitter in parts of nine seasons with the Dodgers, Diamondbacks and Cubs. After serving in a semi-regular capacity with Chicago the last three years, Hill appeared in only 11 games this season, hitting .179. He was designated for assignment last week and became a free agent after refusing an assignment to Class AAA Iowa.

Hill, a switch-hitter, could wind up as the Nationals' backup catcher at some point this season if the club feels the need for some veteran assistance for starter Jesus Flores.
    http://www.natsinsider.com/2012/06/n...ague-deal.html

vCash
    I used to live in Chicago and have watched a ton of Cubs games. And Koyie Hill had a crazy amount of wins when he started. I've forgotten the exact numbers though. But this guys not going to hit for a whole lot (Anything you get out of him is gravy). But does all the little things to win games he calls a great game, and is still pretty good defensively behind the plate. Not to mention he's a just a great guy.

Like the signing.

Mmmmm ... McBuckets

vCash
    Alex Meyer continues to impress.

Meyer took the loss as the P-Nats fell 7-0, but lowered his Carolina League ERA to 0.93 in the process.

Meyer is now 2-1 with Potomac with 26 strikeouts in 29.0 innings pitched.

His minor league totals this season, combined with 18 starts in Hagerstown, are 9-5 with a 2.57 ERA.

133 strikeouts in 119.0 innings. His opponent's batting average is .202 across both teams and just .175 with Potomac.
    Chase Hughes

vCash
    Coming from the Twins forum I want to know what you guys think of Span.. For 3 years it seems like he has been linked to you guys.. I think he will be traded this off season.. What do you think he is worth??? Also, what do you guys value Espanoa at?? We need a SS (and starting pitching) so I think his name is a good one to play with, with Lombardozi looking ready to contribute would you trade Espanosa in a deal for Span??
    Thanks for any and all input!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bray991 View Post
    Coming from the Twins forum I want to know what you guys think of Span.. For 3 years it seems like he has been linked to you guys.. I think he will be traded this off season.. What do you think he is worth??? Also, what do you guys value Espanoa at?? We need a SS (and starting pitching) so I think his name is a good one to play with, with Lombardozi looking ready to contribute would you trade Espanosa in a deal for Span??
    Thanks for any and all input!!!
    Span doesn't seem to fit with this team like he used to.

The OF right now is Harper, Morse and Werth. If LaRoche leaves then Morse could be at 1st and Moore in left. With that said, there's just no room really.

As for Espinosa, I believe the team is hoping he can have a turnaround year in 2013 (his 3rd full season) much like Desmond did in 2012. He's also under control longer so I don't think the two teams would be a match on this one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YanksNats1987 View Post
    Span doesn't seem to fit with this team like he used to.

The OF right now is Harper, Morse and Werth. If LaRoche leaves then Morse could be at 1st and Moore in left. With that said, there's just no room really.

As for Espinosa, I believe the team is hoping he can have a turnaround year in 2013 (his 3rd full season) much like Desmond did in 2012. He's also under control longer so I don't think the two teams would be a match on this one.
    I agree. I don't think Span fits. I wouldn't trade Espinosa for Span if we had an opening in the OF either. I would probably trade Lombardozzi for Span, but we don't have a place for him. I'm hoping we re-sign LaRoche and leave our OF like it was with Morse, Harper, and Werth.

vCash
    Correct me if I am wrong... I was under the impression that Harper was more a corner OFer not so much a CFer.. And Yes I assumed LaRoche was gone, so Morse would slide back into 1B and Harper Werth would be in Right and Left Respectively.. If Span doesn't fit he doesn't fit.. I just wanted to know how high you all were on him and Espanosa.. Thank you for responding!! Good luck next year, you are the National League team I will be rooting for!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bray991 View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong... I was under the impression that Harper was more a corner OFer not so much a CFer.. And Yes I assumed LaRoche was gone, so Morse would slide back into 1B and Harper Werth would be in Right and Left Respectively.. If Span doesn't fit he doesn't fit.. I just wanted to know how high you all were on him and Espanosa.. Thank you for responding!! Good luck next year, you are the National League team I will be rooting for!!
    You're correct...Harper is more of a corner guy, but Morse is still a year away from FA and there are a few guys in the minors (Eury Perez and Brian Goodwin) who project in center field. Basically, the team needs to hold over until 2014 and see if they may be options down the road. Goodwin is the top choice really.

Span to me is talented but if Rizzo made a move I feel like he'd be looking for someone who had a higher OBP to hit leadoff. And since Werth did a really good job at it, that need isn't as glaring as it used to be.

Best of luck to you guys too!

vCash
    Question for you Nat fans. Do you think the Nats would be interested in trading Tyler Moore for Rick Porcello in the off season? Rick is a good groundball pitcher with decent advanced pitching metrics, but poor standard stats. Tigers awful INF defense is a big reason why.

Just wondered what you guys would think. Both are right about the same age, but Rick has 3 more years of arbitration before FA and Tyler has 6 years before FA so Rick would cost more salary wise.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast