Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Mack Strong or Lorenzo Neal

who is the better fullback

vCash
    I never saw this thread. Both were/are very good at what they did/do. Strong was great for the Seahawks. He along with Walter Jones and Steve Hutchinson helped Alexander over-achieve and win MVP some how. Not trying to turn this into a thread about how over-rated Alexander is, but he wouldn't have ever achieved what he did without Strong in front of him every play.

The same could probably be said for LT running behind Neal. I'd imagine the majority of people would say Neal, but just look at how bad Alexander got when Strong had injury issues his two last seasons. Both Neal and Strong are great at what they do.

"King Felix has hurled more mega quality starts since 2010 than 14 entire MLB teams."
    http://dynamik-farr.deviantart.com/

vCash
    Old..

I've watched Strong and Neal a lot in my life and both are amazing fullbacks.

Out of the two, I'd probably pick Neal though

vCash
    Both are amazing, Id pick Strong though, but both deserve all the credit in the world. Too bad they are a dying a breed though.........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boozerguy47 View Post
    I never saw this thread. Both were/are very good at what they did/do. Strong was great for the Seahawks. He along with Walter Jones and Steve Hutchinson helped Alexander over-achieve and win MVP some how. Not trying to turn this into a thread about how over-rated Alexander is, but he wouldn't have ever achieved what he did without Strong in front of him every play.

The same could probably be said for LT running behind Neal. I'd imagine the majority of people would say Neal, but just look at how bad Alexander got when Strong had injury issues his two last seasons. Both Neal and Strong are great at what they do.

LT is also better than Alexander so without Neal it wouldn't be exactly the same but I'd have to go with Neal, both are great FB though

vCash
    I would go with Strong

vCash
    Lorenzo Neal.

Thank you BostonRichie for this wonderful sig!

vCash
    I would say that both were pretty even. Neither brought very much to the game other than straight ahead blocking. Both were very big, bulky, not very bouncy, thats why Lorenzo Neal was cut from the Chargers. Andrew Pinnock did just as good of a job and provided more versatility.

Lifelong/Loyal/Loving GREEN BAY PACKERS FAN.
    BrewCityBuck = Excellence in Posting.
    AIM - BrewCityBuck2005

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrewCityBuck View Post
    I would say that both were pretty even. Neither brought very much to the game other than straight ahead blocking. Both were very big, bulky, not very bouncy, thats why Lorenzo Neal was cut from the Chargers. Andrew Pinnock did just as good of a job and provided more versatility.
    Thats because they are "throwback fullbacks" meaning they don't run the ball, instead they blow through the line blocking. Its a dying bread of FB though. The bold is straight BS, they are a couple of the very best blocking FB's to ever play the game.
    2011 Suck For Luck Campaign!
    Miami 0-3
    Colts 0-3
    Chiefs 0-3
    Seahawks 1-2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yendil View Post
    Thats because they are "throwback fullbacks" meaning they don't run the ball, instead they blow through the line blocking. Its a dying bread of FB though. The bold is straight BS, they are a couple of the very best blocking FB's to ever play the game.
    Neither brought very much to the game other than straight ahead blocking.

You didn't highlight the entire sentence.

AIM - BrewCityBuck2005

vCash
    i think the only real throwback FBs left are richardson and maybe if he develops properly owen schmitt the rookie for seattle ( although they already have the best receiving FB in the league today in weaver who had 39 catches in like 11 games )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrewCityBuck View Post
    Neither brought very much to the game other than straight ahead blocking.

You didn't highlight the entire sentence.
    because you made it seem like they weren't anything special because they did not run the ball.
    Miami 0-3
    Colts 0-3
    Chiefs 0-3
    Seahawks 1-2

vCash
    because you made it seem like they weren't anything special because they did not run the ball.
    I was mearly pointing our that they didn't do anything well other than straight-forward run blocking. Don't take what I say out of context and make me waste time replying to this nonsense when what I said was factual.

AIM - BrewCityBuck2005

vCash
    dude this is a comparison of two of the best fullbacks to play the game. Its their job to block, not run. Thats like saying all Jerry Rice, Steve Largent, Marvin Harrison could do is run a route or catch a ball. Or all Barry Sanders could do is run the ball. Its their job and they were the best at it, those are the true facts.
    Miami 0-3
    Colts 0-3
    Chiefs 0-3
    Seahawks 1-2

vCash
    dude this is a comparison of two of the best fullbacks to play the game. Its their job to block, not run. Thats like saying all Jerry Rice, Steve Largent, Marvin Harrison could do is run a route or catch a ball. Or all Barry Sanders could do is run the ball. Its their job and they were the best at it, those are the true facts.
    I don't know why you keep harping on this. They were great straight-line FB's, I was just merely pointing out that they did nothing else and weren't very versatile. Those are the true facts, get over it.

AIM - BrewCityBuck2005