Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Astros to offer Adam Dunn a one year contract?

According to Phil Rogers of the Chicago Tribune, the Astros may be planning to offer Adam Dunn a one-year contract before camp begins. Rogers writes,

"Dunn, a 40-homer man for five straight seasons, would allow the Astros to move Hunter Pence to center field and Michael Bourn to the bench. That would mean a huge lift to run-production. Dunn has multi-year offers on the table, including one from Washington, but clearly isn't crazy about them."

It remains to be seen whether Dunn would seriously consider a one-year deal or not. For a recap, here's a write up on the market for the unsigned slugger.

Mlbtraderumors.com

Do it! Do it! Do it! :d
    "Mcgrady goes up for the shottttt, annnd he misses"-Bill Worrell

"Watch out, that poster will be comin out soon"-Bill Worrell when Andre Igoudala dunked on Yao

Who would lead off? Kaz?

1.Matsui
    2.Tejada
    3.Berkman
    4.Lee
    5.Dunn
    6.Pence
    7.Blum
    8.Q

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

i doubt we get him, but that'd be nice

I would do this in a heart beat. This would allow us to move Hunter back to CF and allow Brian Bogusevic more time at AAA. Who knows maybe the left over pieces will be used in a trade at the deadline for a starter. This would allow us more time to showcase Bud Norris, Sergio Perez, etc if we went after a starter. I don't think it will be Peavy though.

Whoa Whoa Whoa. I have a feeling Ed Wade is going to shoot this rumor down quick if there is not truth to it.

I would definitely welcome Adam back home. We not have the starting pitching(on paper), but we will have a killer offense and a solid bull-pen.

I don't like it. I would rather see us spend that money on Abreu since there are no more legit #2 or #3 pitchers available. Abreu is better defensively and hits for a much higher average. Putting Carlos Lee and Dunn at the corner OF positions will be a nightmare defensively. You think our starting pitching is bad now, wait until you have Dunn and Lee lumbering in the OF.

Did the Astros even talk to Randy Wolf about a 1-year contract? What about Ty Wigginton? Wouldn't that money be better spent on them? Dunn is strictly a high strikeout guy with a mediocre average who hits 40 HRs. He is a 21st century Dave Kingman. No thanks!

We would gain offensivley but loose far more in defense... Adam Dunn is a very bad defensive Left Fielder, Carlos Lee is a bad defensive left fielder, Hunter Pence is considered an average to below average defensive centerfielder. You put one of those guys at Right field and you are asking for trouble. Before anyone says put Dunn at first and Berkman in right field Dunn is a bad 1st basemen and Berkman is a VERY good 1st basemen and a medocre right fielder.

Bottom line is a move for Dunn makes NO sense for our club unless Carlos Lee has secretley agreed to be traded (and we have a taker) or MLB is getting ready to announce that the NL will be adopting the DH for the 2009 season.

**** it...I say do it...What else are we going to try anyways?

Mediocre starting pitching options at best is what is left for us....so who cares.

Someone said, unless we are trading Carlos Lee, but what if, we are going to trade Pence?

Pence might be the only player who could fetch a good SP talent. It would have to be a great SP, but Dunn and a REAL #2 or Pence and Wandy as our #2...i'd take option #1...

[QUOTE=RelaxedFan;8304945]Someone said, unless we are trading Carlos Lee, but what if, we are going to trade Pence?
    [QUOTE]

Pence is worth some talent but his value is down a bit after his poor performance last season... and as for that helping us in getting Dunn... the problem isint right field it would be having two starting LF/DH players on our roster who dont play LF well.

He would make a great addition to the team

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk