Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Did the Dodgers just screw the Tigers?

http://www.blessyouboys.com/2014/1/1...herzer-cabrera

Boras is licking his chops at seeing Max in the FA market right now and I'm pretty resigned that he's gone at this point. It will take Max to force Boras to take a team friendly (and by that I mean a little less then what he could get in the open market) to stay with the Tigers. It this article is right about the Tigers extending Miggy to be the highest paid player then I'll pass. He is starting to break down already by getting nagging injuries that linger.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Kershaw is the best pitcher in baseball. Plus he's still only 25-26 ?He's a proven stud. That contract is really a hometown discount compared to whats been signed. If he stays all seven its 17.8 million per year. If Boras think Max is worth that than he better look elsewhere to get the money. Until Max does it a couple of more years he's not in the same conversation with Kershaw. Plus Max is 29?
    Kershaw can opt out at 30 years old and still get another huge deal. In five years Max will have probably hurt his arm and be a shell of what he was last season.
    I love Max but give him anywhere near the money Kershaw gets DOES screw us. Give the money to Cabrera. I'll take an elite hitter or an elite pitcher all day long. Even Kershaw.
    Screw us? If anything it might have helped DD make up his mind about what to do with Max. I think the writing is on the wall. Thanks Max. You were fun to watch. Good luck in LA.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Jack, I think your math skills are off a bit. It's a tad bit higher then 17.8 mil per year.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    I don't think Max will see that kind of cash from us. My buddy and I were talking about this yesterday and I told him I believe Max is gone by Spring Training. We've been rumored to sign Santana and my gut says we are in on Tanaka despite not hearing a word about him. Either way we'll have a replacement in place before Max gets moved. This way we have the Max extension distraction cleared out of the way before the season starts and the team that trades for Max will have a full season to discuss a long term deal.

vCash
    Boras will definetly try to use that deal to leverage a bigger deal for max, but we'd have a few things going for us:

1. Kershaw has 2 Cy youngs and has been the best pitcher in the NL for about 3 years.
    2. Kershaw has the lowest ERA of all time for a pitcher that his pitched as many innings as he currently has.
    3. Kershaw is only 25 and probably not even in his prime yet.
    4. Scherzer has been a very good pitcher for us, but it was only the second half of 2012 and all of 2013 that he was a great pitcher
    5. An argument can be made that Sanchez had just as good of a year as Scherzer...thus Scherzer shouldn't get much more than Sanchez.

If you put all of this together, my guess is that Scherzer will get somewhere around 18 million a year...not 30. Now should we pay this? No idea...it all hinges on the rest of our financials. The Dodgers have a 4 billion dollar TV deal so they can spend money like they are playing Monopoly. I've read a few things about the Tigers also getting a TV deal done. Will this deal be as big? If it is...then I bet we pay Max.
    Last edited by lizardking13; 01-16-2014 at 11:40 AM.

2013 Lions forum rookie poster of the year!

vCash
    Correct me if I'm wrong . 7 years 215 million equals 17 million 800 plus thousands per year. Unless you are using the five year opt out window.
    I still think this deal did us a favor. I love Max and hope we keep him but he's not Kershaw and never will be. Plus he's 4-5 years older.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    It's an roundhouse/ballpark average of 30.1M per season.

Another season by Scherzer that almost duplicates his 2013 WHIP/ERA numbers, should earn him 5Y/100M easy.

I am more concerned that Max will be a Tiger in coming weeks. We are getting close to the Arbitration Midnight hour and Dombrowski will trade anyone that messes with his perfect record of avoiding arbitrations.

It's the #1 reason why Robbie Ray was brought here prematurely of entering our rotation..... as an insurance policy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong . 7 years 215 million equals 17 million 800 plus thousands per year. Unless you are using the five year opt out window.
    I still think this deal did us a favor. I love Max and hope we keep him but he's not Kershaw and never will be. Plus he's 4-5 years older.

215/7 = 30.7...

2013 Lions forum rookie poster of the year!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    Ummm...Clayton will be averaging over $30 mill a season. How are you getting $17 mil?
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    No idea what is wrong with my calculator but after thinking about it it didn't take a calculator to figure out 215 divided by 7 doesn't come up with 17.8 plus. DAH !!!! As you kids would say. My bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JackB:27810357
    No idea what is wrong with my calculator but after thinking about it it didn't take a calculator to figure out 215 divided by 7 doesn't come up with 17.8 plus. DAH !!!! As you kids would say. My bad.
    Lol. All you gotta look at is 21 and 7.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^ESPN and PSD Agrees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekhelxD View Post
    Lol. All you gotta look at is 21 and 7.
    You are too late. Figured that one out already.
    Last edited by JackB; 01-16-2014 at 04:26 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MotownWebGuy View Post
    It's an roundhouse/ballpark average of 30.1M per season.

Another season by Scherzer that almost duplicates his 2013 WHIP/ERA numbers, should earn him 5Y/100M easy.

I am more concerned that Max will be a Tiger in coming weeks. We are getting close to the Arbitration Midnight hour and Dombrowski will trade anyone that messes with his perfect record of avoiding arbitrations.

It's the #1 reason why Robbie Ray was brought here prematurely of entering our rotation..... as an insurance policy.
    Do you really think Ray is ready? That would come as a shock to me.

vCash
    Dombrowski stated a couple weeks ago Robbie is real close. He also suggested in the early off-season that the Tigers could strike a deal where two pitchers are swapped. So being it's happened already does not exclude David from pursuing the same route again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MotownWebGuy View Post
    Dombrowski stated a couple weeks ago Robbie is real close. He also suggested in the early off-season that the Tigers could strike a deal where two pitchers are swapped. So being it's happened already does not exclude David from pursuing the same route again.
    I'm all for trading Scherzer but I wouldn't feel comfortable going into the season with Porcello, Smyly and Ray all in the rotation, we haven't improved enough anywhere else to make that acceptable.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast