Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Should the Bucks extend MCW to shut down Steph Curry in 2018 & 2019?

Looking ahead, I expect this team to take big steps and to eventually compete for a championship. With that in mind. Is it worth extending MCW to a cheap contract to play defense against Steph Curry in case we meet the Warriors in the finals in the future? We have another year to decide unless we trade him for nothing this summer. Many have said we should trade him to other western conference contenders for this reason. Maybe we need to look ahead and dream of our own NBA championship and perhaps that includes keeping MCW as a Curry stopper.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    Looking ahead, I expect this team to take big steps and to eventually compete for a championship. With that in mind. Is it worth extending MCW to a cheap contract to play defense against Steph Curry in case we meet the Warriors in the finals in the future? We have another year to decide unless we trade him for nothing this summer. Many have said we should trade him to other western conference contenders for this reason. Maybe we need to look ahead and dream of our own NBA championship and perhaps that includes keeping MCW as a Curry stopper.
    This coming year is a prove it season for him. He can do a lot defensively, but he doesn't fit with Giannis well if he needs the ball and can't be a spot up shooter. I expect him to play around 24 minutes off the bench next season.

When MCW is playing well, he's a great guy to have on your team.

vCash
    ^Agreed, you still need to score points against the Warriors. It also doesn't make sense to keep a guy to play defense a few years down the road against a non rival.