Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash

Favorite Fighter: Tie between Kazushi Sakuraba and Bas Rutten. I love(d) Saku's catch-as-catch-can style and Bas Rutten was the **** back then.

Other fighters you like: Rampage Jackson, Fedor, Shogun, Gary Goodridge (especially that match against Amir Rahnavardi), Wanderlei Silva, Takanori Gomi, Sokoudjou, Royce Gracie.

Anything else you care to share?: If you couldn't tell by the fighters I named, I was a huge PRIDE whore. I miss PRIDE But anywho, I watched my first MMA event in 1996 (I was 9 at the time) and it was UFC 9: Motor City Madness with the main event being Shamrock vs. Severn. Since then, I was always interested in MMA, but I really didn't get into it until I played that PRIDE video game on the PS2 and watched old PRIDE DVDs that I borrowed from a friend. Also very active in the Dodger forum, as I see many other Dodger PSD'ers are in here too. Good to know.

Besides that, haven't been following MMA as closely as I used to...
    Last edited by grizz8884; 07-04-2008 at 05:46 AM.
    HW - Alistair Overeem
    LHW - Gegard Mousasi
    MW - Kazushi Sakuraba
    WW - Tyron Woodley
    LW - Shinya Aoki/Benson Henderson
    FW - Jose Aldo
    Women's - Marloes Coenen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grizz8884 View Post

Favorite Fighter: Tie between Kazushi Sakuraba and Bas Rutten. I love(d) Saku's catch-as-catch-can style and Bas Rutten was the **** back then.

Other fighters you like: Rampage Jackson, Fedor, Shogun, Gary Goodridge (especially that match against Amir Rahnavardi), Wanderlei Silva, Takanori Gomi, Sokoudjou, Royce Gracie.

Anything else you care to share?: If you couldn't tell by the fighters I named, I was a huge PRIDE whore. I miss PRIDE But anywho, I watched my first MMA event in 1996 (I was 9 at the time) and it was UFC 9: Motor City Madness with the main event being Shamrock vs. Severn. Since then, I was always interested in MMA, but I really didn't get into it until I played that PRIDE video game on the PS2 and watched old PRIDE DVDs that I borrowed from a friend. Also very active in the Dodger forum, as I see many other Dodger PSD'ers are in here too. Good to know.

Besides that, haven't been following MMA as closely as I used to...
    Your probably not too big of a UFC fan right now as the Pride fighters arent really faring as well as expected in the UFC with a few exceptions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Your probably not too big of a UFC fan right now as the Pride fighters arent really faring as well as expected in the UFC with a few exceptions.
    Yeah, I know especially that big-fight choker Cro-cop. I dunno, but I'd prefer to watch MMA in a ring such as IFL or PRIDE, not in a cage like UFC or Elite XC or WEC. I watch UFC from time to time depending on who is fighting, but I enjoy watching Elite XC's because of the commentary with Mauro. With that being said, I am watching Saturday's fight. Forrest is a douche.

Btw, I forgot to mention Igor Vovchanchyn as one of my favorite fighters, even though he got blasted in the face by Cro-Cop lol.
    Last edited by grizz8884; 07-04-2008 at 06:11 AM.
    HW - Alistair Overeem
    LHW - Gegard Mousasi
    MW - Kazushi Sakuraba
    WW - Tyron Woodley
    FW - Jose Aldo
    Women's - Marloes Coenen

vCash
    Aren't 3 of the 5 champs former Pride guys?
    My favorite Mixed Martial Artist include...

Mir, Overeem, Machida, Forest, Schafer, Carwin, Franklin, Bisping, Hughes, Maynard, Wiman, Lawler, B. Henderson, Njokuani, Swick, Brenneman, Torres, Grispi, Alvarez, Lombard, Santiago....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grizz8884 View Post
    Yeah, I know especially that big-fight choker Cro-cop. I dunno, but I'd prefer to watch MMA in a ring such as IFL or PRIDE, not in a cage like UFC or Elite XC or WEC. I watch UFC from time to time depending on who is fighting, but I enjoy watching Elite XC's because of the commentary with Mauro . With that being said, I am watching Saturday's fight. Forrest is a douche.

Btw, I forgot to mention Igor Vovchanchyn as one of my favorite fighters, even though he got blasted in the face by Cro-Cop lol.
    Welcome grizz. I can't believe you like Mauro. I think he is one of the worse announcers I've ever heard. Fake announcer voice and over hyperbole for every move.

If you like fighting in a ring watch Dream. A bunch of Pride guys, they show it on HDNet if you have it. Kenny and Bas usually anounce. That is the best overall combo IMO

Mir, Overeem, Machida, Forest, Schafer, Carwin, Franklin, Bisping, Hughes, Maynard, Wiman, Lawler, B. Henderson, Njokuani, Swick, Brenneman, Torres, Grispi, Alvarez, Lombard, Santiago....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by swells2048 View Post
    Aren't 3 of the 5 champs former Pride guys?
    I guess that is true I didnt really think about Rampage and Anderson Silva because they fought for other organizations before coming to the UFC and also both were already in the UFC when they bought Pride. I guess I was just thinking about the guys that the UFC got when they bought out pride.

Big Nog - The champ. Its Big Nog nothing else needs to be said.

Heath Herring - 2-2

Werdum - 2-1 and a upcoming top heavyweight

Nakamura - 0-2

Shogun - 0-1

Wandy - 1-1

Sokoudjou - 1-2

Hendo - 0-2

Chonan - 0-1

vCash
    Welcome grizz. I can't believe you like Mauro. I think he is one of the worse announcers I've ever heard. Fake announcer voice and over hyperbole for every move.

If you like fighting in a ring watch Dream. A bunch of Pride guys, they show it on HDNet if you have it. Kenny and Bas usually anounce. That is the best overall combo IMO
    I dunno, I like his over the top announcing. I liken it to Joey Styles if you ever watched an ECW show back in the day. I like him better than Joe Roggan, I'll tell that. I've heard about DREAM, but I cannot catch it since I live on campus at UNLV, so I'll have to look for some fights online or something.
    HW - Alistair Overeem
    LHW - Gegard Mousasi
    MW - Kazushi Sakuraba
    WW - Tyron Woodley
    FW - Jose Aldo
    Women's - Marloes Coenen

vCash
    Favorite Fighter:
    randy "the natural" coutour...
    Other fighters you like:
    fedor and vera
    Anything else you care to share?:nah..

vCash

Favorite Fighter: Wanderlei Silva

Other fighters you like: Cro-Cop, GSP, Anderson Silva

Anything else you care to share?: I've been watching vids of fights from PRIDE and UFC for about a year or two. It wasn't until the Lidell vs Silva fight until I really started to get into MMA and the UFC. One of the main reasons I got into MMA was because the lack of good boxers there are now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post

Favorite Fighter: Wanderlei Silva

Other fighters you like: Cro-Cop, GSP, Anderson Silva

Anything else you care to share?: I've been watching vids of fights from PRIDE and UFC for about a year or two. It wasn't until the Lidell vs Silva fight until I really started to get into MMA and the UFC. One of the main reasons I got into MMA was because the lack of good boxers there are now.
    Welcome, though you've been posting for a while.

vCash
    Welcome, though you've been posting for a while.
    Not that much in the MMA forum though, but thanks.

vCash

Favorite Fighter: FEDOR, ANDERSON SILVA, BRANDON VERA

Other fighters you like: THE NATURAL

Anything else you care to share?: UFC IS THE GAME.. HOPE FOR MORE MEGA CARD FIGHTS...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kid#8 View Post

Favorite Fighter: FEDOR, ANDERSON SILVA, BRANDON VERA

Other fighters you like: THE NATURAL

Anything else you care to share?: UFC IS THE GAME.. HOPE FOR MORE MEGA CARD FIGHTS...
    What do you think about the UFC coming to the Philippines in the future?

vCash
    What do you think about the UFC coming to the Philippines in the future?

It will be big if UFC came to philippines...In fact the Team Shamrock and Team Gracie already held a fight here and It was sold out even if its not the UFC what more if it's the UFC...

and I also bumped into Henzo Gracie in one of the starbucks store here...before no one knew him in here, just the guys like me...He is surprise that MMA is patronized in our country...(It was translated by his tranlator)...

I hope they held a fight here sooner becoz pipol here are really excited for the UFC to came...

Back in the UFC 85 in London, Dana White was interviewed by our top local sports news caster and he promised that the UFC will difinetely coming in the philippines..I just hope it will be sooner and includes a mega card with it..and hope they include some of our local talents here..

We do have our own MMA leauge here...

BTW, Brandon Vera is a Filipino..he speaks our language very fluent...lol...

Thanks..for being nice to a Philippine Boy like me..lol..
    Last edited by kid#8; 08-29-2008 at 01:07 AM.

vCash
    Yeah thats why I mentioned it because I read an article awhile back about them going to the area with Brandon Vera as the headliner maybe against a top fighter at 205 like a Shogun, Wanderlei etc. but thats assuming he gets past Jardine first.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast