Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

UFC 176 card to be cancelled Zuffa will skip to UFC 177

So when you look back at the events there will be no UFC 176 pretty much. They have cancelled the event due to the lack of a main event and will have UFC 177 remain UFC 177.

The card and the fights will be rescheduled for October so that the main event can remain intact as Jose Aldo should be healthy at that point.

http://www.fightline.com/breaking-uf...t-rescheduled/

vCash
    Aldo has pulled out of so many fights at this point. I mean this guy was on the CGY and WPG card which they both ended up being awful. He's pulled out of 6-7;fights in the UFC.

UFC only has headlined cards for champions yet they continue to use champions as TUF coaches with injury prone champions (Pettis, Aldo, Cain).

I remember when they'd promote and had many fighters that could headline a card. Many non champions. Fighters need promoted.

Or just book a card with

Pettis vs Melendez
    Little Nog vs Evans
    Alves vs Mein
    Cruz vs Mizugaki

vCash
    Following guys could headline

Lesnar
    Couture
    Cain*
    Rashad
    Rampage
    Forrest
    Machida
    Rashad
    Liddell
    Anderson
    Franklin
    Big Nog
    GSP
    Hughes
    Penn

UFC had money in the LHW division where now, not so much.

vCash
    I would be pissed if I were fighting on that card. A month before the event they all of the sudden tell you the card is cancelled and you will still be fighting just 2 months later.... These guys have to cycle and time their camps so that they having proper training, rest and weight management and now that gets shot all to hell.

Also Lorenzo Fertitta said today that if Jose Aldo is unable to go in October then Chad Mendes will fight either Frankie Edgar or Cub Swanson for the Interim belt.

vCash
    Pretty much yeah. I believe a lot of fighters have said they have massive difficulties with longer camps. What about these guys promising landlords/gyms/etc money on AUG 5th for example.

Really wish they could run Mousasi/Souza on Fight Pass and give back tickets if requeated. How many booked tickets and hotels that are unrefundable

vCash
    Also somebody really needs to call Dana White out on this one.... I thought people bought UFC PPV's for the UFC brand not for the specific fighter? Then why should they ever have to cancel a card then Dana?

They just need to face the facts that they have watered down cards so badly that if a main event gets scrapped they have to scrap the whole event.

They just need to cut down on the PPVs. Go for more quality over quantity. They are making money from the televised events and prelims anyways.

vCash
    I would be piss if I bought plane tickets and hotel rooms.. I would also email the ufc about that and see if they could either give my money back or set me up with new airfare and hotel rooms.

vCash
    Why did Dana get so upset when Joe Rogan asked Ronda if she would want to headline this card as a replacement after her fight only lasted 16 seconds?

vCash
    Because only Dana can ask that question and it be ok...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    Why did Dana get so upset when Joe Rogan asked Ronda if she would want to headline this card as a replacement after her fight only lasted 16 seconds?
    “I wasn’t upset with Joe Rogan; I was upset with the (broadcast) truck telling him to tell Ronda that she’s going to fight again,” White said at the press conference following the event. “That wasn’t true; that was some (expletive) that somebody made up back there. It was the biggest idiotic move in the history of our production team.”
    http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/07/ufc-...rogan-question

vCash
    Can't believe that was a comparison

vCash
    Ronda was gonna fight on UFC 176 if she came out uninjured but she hurt her hand. Lorenzo Fertitta said that today. That's the real reason why Dana White got so upset. They were probably gonna check her out after the fight and then announce it post-fight press conference.

They were gonna have her fight Bethe Correia.

vCash
    Beth vs Rousey LMAO

vCash
    Is there anyone in the UFC that can give Ronda a real fight? Will she ever fight Cyborg?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Beth vs Rousey LMAO
    Could you imagine that phone call?

Beth - (groggy its 3 in the morning) Hello

Dana White - Hey this is your ****ing boss I'm on a plane coming home from Pakistan. Sacrificing my life to spread the sport of mixed martial arts. Just wanting to tell you that you might be fighting Ronda Rousey for the championship in a month.

Beth - What? You mean I might be fighting the winner of Rousey vs Davis for the Women's Championship?

Dana - Yeah okay (laughs). Anyways Ronda has already accepted the fight so if you are interested be ready to go up against Ronda. Ive had our PR people send you a list of the things you can and can't wear when doing the press conferences with Ronda.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast