4 7.84%
  • 15 or more

2 3.92%
Page 157 of 257 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 3848

Thread: The CFL Thread

Lumsden released from Eskies.

Good. Such a douche.
    Running back Jesse Lumsden's stay with the Edmonton Eskimos has come to an end.

The club announced on Wednesday that they released the Burlington, Ont., native.

''Unfortunately, this is a side of the business I've seen before in another league in another time, but it's not going to deter me away from working towards getting back onto the field in 2010,'' Lumsden said.

''The timing isn't great for me, but this is part of the nasty side of the business; to be released before training camp and after a draft,'' Lumsden said. ''For anybody that knows me on a personal level knows that I'm going to use this as a stepping stone and try to create an opportunity out of it.''

Lumsden, who joined the Eskimos as a free agent before the start of the 2009 season, suffered a season-ending shoulder injury in the first game of the season against the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

''It is frustrating and it is disappointing,'' he said. ''When you work so hard for something for however many years and it has been taken away from you at the snap of a finger on several occasions, sometimes it's hard to find a positive. I just look to what I can do better and what I can do next.''

Eskimos general manager Danny Macocia said the decision to move on without Lumsden was disappointing on a number of levels.

"Jesse has worked hard to rehab the shoulder but he does not yet have medical clearance to play football,'' Macocia said in a statement. ''I know he was excited to embark on a new chapter of his career in Edmonton, and we felt he would be an excellent fit for the Eskimos. Jesse is a young man of great character who's battled back before. Our entire organization wishes him the best.''

Lumsden, who was the sixth overall selection in the 2005 CFL Canadian Draft, racked up 1797 yards with nine touchdowns on 285 carries in 30 career games. He also had 49 receptions for 630 yards and two touchdowns during that span.

Lumsden recently participated in the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics in bobsled with Pierre Lueders, finishing fifth both in the two-man and in the four-man events.

''It would be easy for me to quit and walk away from football and do something else, but I love the sport and I truly feel that I [still] belong in the sport. I don't believe that my time is done yet.''

One question that will undoubtedly come up is whether or not there's a market for his services.

According to TSN's CFL Insider Dave Naylor of The Globe and Mail, it's unlikely another team would be willing to make him a starting running back. And with minimal experience playing special teams, his best bet would be to earn a role as a backup running back. Naylor adds that even at that, he is regarded as a high-risk player which puts his future in some doubt.

Sign him BC

Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    Sign him BC
    Why? Hes either hurt or trying to be in the NFL. Guys a douche.

His injury history will keep him out of the NFL for now, and we need a RB.

Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    His injury history will keep him out of the NFL for now, and we need a RB.
    You very right about the NFL fact. But he is never healthy. Him being healthy for more then 5 games is a miracle.

Im obviously a bit bitter towards him. As a Ticats fan, the hometown kid constantly turned his back towards them. He kept trying out for the NFL, kept getting hurt... then when the ticats express interest in retaining him he just says he is 50/50 and leaves. After how much the Cats relied on him and waited for him, letting him try and make it big in the NFL despite having a contract, he basically just ****ed them in the ***.

He has great potential but he will never fully be able to do a good job. Hes comparbale to Ronnie Brown of the Dolphins. Great potential, never able to show it.

Mildly surprised, but can't say Im totally surprised. He probably will catch on somewhere. I think the Argos will make a push for him, probably over spend on him, but Im not sure that Jesse wants to go there. Who knows. I really don't know what this guy wants other than to play in the NFL. Either way, he's solid when he's in there. I think his last year with Hamilton he average near 6 ypc, could be wrong but I thought it was high. He has it if he can stay healthy. Its definitely going to be a situation where he comes in for a minimal role and is going to need to prove himself.

Credit--- Phins1983

Ticats release Keith, Sign Brian Calhoun

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats released import running back Kenton Keith on Friday.

Keith missed the entire 2009 season after suffering a knee injury on the first day of training camp, but according to the Hamilton Spectator, Keith was given a clean bill of health by the medical staff last month.

In Keith's absence last year, DeAndra Cobb took over as the feature back and rushed for over 1,200 yards.

Keith starred with the Saskatchewan Roughriders from 2002 to 2006 before earning a spot on the roster of the Indianapolis Colts. In 43 games, he rushed for 3,811 yards.

The explosive running back was one of the final cuts by the Colts prior to the 2008 season and returned to the CFL, signing with the Tiger-Cats.

The Tiger-Cats also signed import running back Brian Calhoun on Friday.

Calhoun was a second-round pick of the NFL's Detroit Lions in 2006 and was released by the Lions last season.
    I feel like if Keith is healthy as said, he should be signed. Guy is a good back. Brian Calhoun seems alright considering he was taken in the second round but Cobb is the clear cut RB in Hamilton

kenton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Calhoun coaches football at my Rival high school. Milwaukee Pius
    FIRE JKIDD. A vision we can all live with.

Ben Cahoon will return for Als

Big news for them. He has always been a key member of Calvillo's passing attack.

MONTREAL -- Montreal Alouettes' Vice President and General Manager Jim Popp announced today that non-import CFL All-Star slotback and 12-year veteran Ben Cahoon has confirmed his return for the 2010 season.

"This is exciting news for the entire organization and our fans. It's nice to have the official word from Ben - though he never made the organization feel he wasn't returning, you just never know until you hear it officially," Jim Popp said. "With Ben's return, we expect that the chemistry between him and Anthony Calvillo will continue lifting everyone out of their seats and we can continue to enjoy one of the most poetic receivers to ever play the game."

Cahoon is currently fourth on the CFL's all-time receptions list with 950 career catches, and sixth in league history with 12,586 career receiving yards. He holds the Alouettes records for most 1,000-yard seasons with nine, including the last eight in a row. He has caught at least one pass in each of the last 127 games, which is good for in third in CFL history.

Last season, he was selected an East Division All-Star for the ninth time after leading the league with 89 receptions and recording 1,031 yards and two touchdowns. He was named the Grey Cup's Most Outstanding Canadian for the second time of his career after scoring an important touchdown late in the fourth quarter and finishing the game with 57 yards on five receptions. He is the all-time leader for pass receptions and receiving yards in Grey Cup history.

I looked up some vids of this Calhoun, looks really solid, a running back that can catch in this league with stride. IF he can get past the injuries, Keith is the same as Lumsden, if you can't stay healthy you won't have a job here.

Go Cats.
    Head of the Bandwagon to make tunnicliffderek the Miami Dolphins Manager, Guaranteeing us another 72' season

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    i would trade our first,our 1st next yr and cam wake for aj green.Locker isnt a project hed start day one
    i think cutler is worth 2 1st rounders and a 3rd thats just me though

Quote Originally Posted by brewerboy View Post
    Calhoun coaches football at my Rival high school. Milwaukee Pius
    You live in Milwaukee and watch CFL? How do you get it there?
    Head of the Bandwagon to make tunnicliffderek the Miami Dolphins Manager, Guaranteeing us another 72' season

i would trade our first,our 1st next yr and cam wake for aj green.Locker isnt a project hed start day one
    i think cutler is worth 2 1st rounders and a 3rd thats just me though

Huge news, Cahoon is the definition of a possession wide out, so reliable.

always hated when the bombers played the Als. It would seem like Ben would have a huge game and was so reliable

1. Location- Vancouver
    2. Favorite CFL Team- B.C. Lions
    3. Favorite Player- Geroy Simon
    4. Favorite Former Player- Buck Pierce
    5. What other teams in the CFL you root for? None
    6. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for? Canucks
    7. Anything else you care to share? I have geroy simon's autograph and Barran Milles i am sad that he retired.