Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

East Coast Additions

Who would love to see the CFL expand into the Maritimes? Would be great to see a NS/NL/NB team or even similar to the NFL with New England something like a "Maritimes" team stationed in one of the bigger provinces.. or even multiple teams!

vCash
    My hope is that with Ottawa coming back, and new staduims going up that within 5 years this is a 12 team league.

West

Winnipeg
    Regina
    Calgary
    Edmonton
    Vancouver
    Either Saskatoon/Victoria

East

Toronto
    Hamilton
    Ottawa
    Montreal
    Quebec City
    Either Moncton/Halifax

vCash
    I believe they are seriously looking at Moncton as a possibility within 3-5 years after Ottawa comes back. They are taking their time with expansion now after some of their rushed and failed attempts in the past. In the long run I could see there being possibly two teams in the maritimes, Moncton and Halifax. Like Saskatchewan and Manitoba they don't have the largest markets but they could both support a team very well. I could also see a team in Quebec City at some point.

Out west it might be a little more difficult. Football gets a lot of support out here but there aren't many untapped markets. Brandon is the next biggest city in Manitoba but isn't big enough for a team. Saskatoon is big enough for a team but it would be a really hard sell there because of how diehard anyone from teh province is about the Riders. Alberta has a couple decent sized cities outside of Calgary and Edmonton but nothing really that stands out and could work. BC has a couple options in Victoria and the Okanagan Valley.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    I believe they are seriously looking at Moncton as a possibility within 3-5 years after Ottawa comes back. They are taking their time with expansion now after some of their rushed and failed attempts in the past. In the long run I could see there being possibly two teams in the maritimes, Moncton and Halifax. Like Saskatchewan and Manitoba they don't have the largest markets but they could both support a team very well. I could also see a team in Quebec City at some point.

Out west it might be a little more difficult. Football gets a lot of support out here but there aren't many untapped markets. Brandon is the next biggest city in Manitoba but isn't big enough for a team. Saskatoon is big enough for a team but it would be a really hard sell there because of how diehard anyone from teh province is about the Riders. Alberta has a couple decent sized cities outside of Calgary and Edmonton but nothing really that stands out and could work. BC has a couple options in Victoria and the Okanagan Valley.
    I dont think 2 teams in Saskatchewan would work. They can literally have like 1/20th of the Province's population fit in the stadium for a game lol. Plus its such a passionate fanbase like you said, it would be wrong to try and divide it and I dont think it would go over very well either.

vCash
    Anyone think a team would work in Victoria. A lot of people from all provinces end up there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wagnall View Post
    Anyone think a team would work in Victoria. A lot of people from all provinces end up there.
    Yeah, its one of the only spots in Western Canada where a new team might work. There is close to a million people on the island and it would finally give the Lions a rival like the Esks/Stamps or Bombers/Riders.

vCash