Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Free Agent Hunt/Off Season

Anyone on your want list? Any trades in mind? How are we going to shore up this bullpen?

I know you are all excited about the pending spending spree of unprecedented amounts as we build this World Series contender.....lol, but really, can we spend some money? Please?!

Footballs back baby!

1. Bullpen- improve it, its not the eassiest thing to improve since relievers are hot and cold a lot of the time. Brad Ziegler (expensive), Fernando Rodney, SStoren, Morrow for righties lefties includes Rzepczynski, Zach Duke, Boone (hopefully), JP Howell, Javier Lopez.

Bullpen should included 1 big name righty and 2 lefties

Closer-Ottavino
    Set up- Ziegler
    Left Matchup- free agent, Boone or Rzepcynski
    Middle Reflief- Jordan Lyles
    MR- McGee
    MR- Diaz
    MR Castro
    MR- Estevez

2. Sign a first baseman (preferebably) that is hits right to seperate the left power we have. WE need rights handed bat

matt Holliday
    Mike Naploi

You have my vote for GM.

Heard us linked to Mark Melancon, as he is a Colorado boy.

Napoli would be interesting at Coors.

Footballs back baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Katspinal1313 View Post
    You have my vote for GM.

Heard us linked to Mark Melancon, as he is a Colorado boy.

Napoli would be interesting at Coors.
    Melancon would be a steal. Considering he probably could get paid a few more mil. per year in San Fran. But if he believes this team is a contender a hometown discount could be in order.

Steve Pearce as a cheap first baseman is an option. A righty that hit 13 HR in 264 AB's with .288/.374/.492 is pretty damn good.

First time I am excited about the Rockies in a long time.

Saw an article suggesting we could possibly pursue Edwin Encarnacion and plug him in at First. The suggested contract was 4 years 105 million. I can't say that I would argue with that. His power would play big time in Colorado.

Footballs back baby!

Pretty quite. Sounds like there isn't alot of hope on Melancon. Holliday doesn't appear to be a fit I guess is the word. Look at Reynolds again which I would strongly oppose (I think he truly regresses this year).

Mike Dunn is rumored. If he finds his 2014-15 form he definitely is a great replacement for Boone.

I have a feeling Edwin and Trumbo get big deals elsewhere. Holliday and Napoli plays for a ring elsewhere.

Hope Bridich looks long and hard at Pearce. If there is one 1st basemen and a team we can outbid, its the Rays.

He also did say he believes Motte and Qualls and McGee will bounce back so a lefty and maybe a stop gap first baseman til hopefully Ryan Mcmahon figures it out.
    Last edited by tp13baby; 12-02-2016 at 06:56 AM.

My Projection:

CF-Dahl
    2B-DJ
    3B-Nolan
    RF-Cargo
    LF-Blackmon
    SS-Story
    1B-Patterson (thought maybe Parra)
    C-Wolters

Utility-
    Murphy
    Parra
    Valiaka
    Adames (wouldn't be surprised if he is cut for Cardullo)

Starting Rotation
    Gray
    Chatwood
    Anderson
    Bettis
    Hoffman (I think he shines this upcoming spring training)

Bullpen
    Ottavino
    McGee
    Castro
    Lyles
    Dunn
    Motte
    Rusin
    Estevez

Spring Training things to watch for-

1. Who wins the first baseman job. Harder than I thought. Parra/Patterson I think are the leaders, but something to watch for is Murphy learn the position because Garneau is a capable C backup.
    2. Bullpen. I doubt we make a big splash from the sounds of it. Need a lefty but this is wide open. Diaz is coming of TJ surgery but potential is high. Butler may challenge Rusin for the long relief role.
    3. 5th starter- Hoffman, Freeland, Marquez are probably the most likely, although I can see Butler given a chance. Still think Senzatela, Freeland, Marquez all start the year at AAA.

God I would love Trumbo's power at Coors.... I can dream

Footballs back baby!

Detroit is shopping Miggy.... if you wanted to make a splash, there wouldn't be a bigger one than that!

Footballs back baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Katspinal1313 View Post
    God I would love Trumbo's power at Coors.... I can dream
    Colorado would have to give up the 11th pick. If we were slotted 1 spot higher I think we would of made the move.

I think the Rockies have enough high average hitters to get away with signing Chris Carter. He won't cost prospects or the money that the other options would cost them. Power and game changing potential there. Use the savings to address the bullpen. I would also kick the tires on a Tyson Ross reclamation project.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ian Desmond 5 yrs 70 mil. Average wise not terrible. lose the 11th, but our offense is pretty scary, defense improves, speed improves. We still need more BP help.

Hate giving up the 11th for him, but at least its a move. I know we have targeted him before and he should rake at Coors! Sounds like giving up the 11 there, makes us a more likely player on Trumbo now though. Also article points out we are looking for a front end rotation guy. Archer or Quintana (Sox). Would pay a pretty price for either.
    Last edited by Katspinal1313; 12-09-2016 at 02:20 AM.

Footballs back baby!

I agree Kat. Target a front line pitcher. Personally Quintana appeals to me more than Archer. It will probably cost a minimum of Dahl and Blackmon +. Maybe try to work Robertson into the same deal. I still don't see Desmond as a 1B. Hopefully they're still in the mix for a first baseman.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks like Trumbo is still in play. And we won't trade Dahl and Blackmon. We have the prospects to put out an attractive offer. MLB's list of top 100 prospects has: Brendan Rodgers | SS/2B Rank: 6; Jeff Hoffman | RHP Rank: 35; Riley Pint | RHP Rank: 39 ; Raimel Tapia OF is ranked 71st; and German Marquez | RHP Rank: 100

Dunn is a nice lefty relief, 4th most appearances in the majors last couple years.

Footballs back baby!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast