Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Rockies Trade Deadline Thread

Time to start thinking trades. We have a serious issue with the rotation and We need to find some arms who know how to pitch. We are sellers at the deadline and I can see a few moves being made.

I think Cuddyer will be moved for some kind of pitching. Even though he has played well seems to be a trade chip that they would move as Tulo and Cargo aren't going anywhere.

vCash
    The I think would be Scutaro and Guthrie. Those are kinda easy ones though. If we are just gonna continually go the Monfort/O'Dowd plan, I'd say trade everyone worth anything. God I hate our management.

vCash
    Cuddyer is definitely the guy we should look to trade

Cargo is a lock, and Dex and Colvin have come on strong, not to mention Wheeler and Blackmon are close to major league ready, so Cuddy is expendable and having a career year

vCash
    I hate the position we are in. WE should be better but we are not. Cuddy gets expendable even though Dex is just so god damn useless most of the time. He got hot for 15 days which boosted his average but overall can't hit. I wish we could see a lineup of

EY
    Checo
    CArgo
    Tulo
    Colvin
    Cuddy
    Helton
    Rosario

Dex is just so inconsistent.
    EY will perform if given more atbats
    Colvin>>>>>>>Dex
    Helton is not a 5 hitter
    Pitching just straight blows.

vCash
    least Guthrie pitched well last night. Somebody will take him hopefully. We still need to trade something even if it is losing a hitter or two to get some pitchers who aren't scared to throw the baseball.

vCash
    Mets fan here. Can Fowler be had?
    You guys have Colvin, Cargo & Cuddyer with a few OF at AAA.
    Not sure what positions you need. In glancing at your mlb roster maybe 1B, 2B or 3B.

vCash
    We need a young 1st baseman for sure no offense to Helton or Gambi but they dont have much left to play everyday and pitching lots of pitching

So if we can make a trade or two where we get a SP and a 1st baseman (who can be an everyday player) then we need to make it happen
    Broncos fan since 1989C:\Documents and Settings\William\My Documents\My Pictures\william.jpg

vCash
    How about Lucas Duda, he is in a slump now but this kid has serious power.
    I really like him as a hitter.
    We have him in RF and he is awful out there. He is a natural 1B.
    Also he is lefty and we have a lefty heavy lineup.

vCash
    It'll be interesting to see if they keep Pacheco at 3rd. I could see them moving him to 1st at some point.

As far as I know though, anyone really is up minus the obvious two. I personally would like to keep Dexter, but as you mentioned, we have quite replacements. I wouldn't mind seeing Wheeler or Blackmon given a chance. It would make sense.

vCash
    I think theyre looking at Pacheco as a long term option at 3rd, otherwise I would imagine they would at least test him out at other positions, but ya he could permanently move to 2nd or 1st if it was needed

The rockies in the past have turned down advances at dexter hard, so I dont know if that would work out, he definitely wouldnt come cheap they see huge upside in him which he is somewhat showing this year, if he has a second half like his last couple years he will be a hot commodity

Apparently Guthrie, Hernandez, and Scutaro are the main guys gettin shopped, I would love to see EY get a large look as the second basemen if scutaro was to be shipped off

vCash
    We can get away with trading one or two of our OF cause we do have a good farm system in that position
    Broncos fan since 1989C:\Documents and Settings\William\My Documents\My Pictures\william.jpg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IgglesFanInCO View Post
    I think theyre looking at Pacheco as a long term option at 3rd, otherwise I would imagine they would at least test him out at other positions, but ya he could permanently move to 2nd or 1st if it was needed

The rockies in the past have turned down advances at dexter hard, so I dont know if that would work out, he definitely wouldnt come cheap they see huge upside in him which he is somewhat showing this year, if he has a second half like his last couple years he will be a hot commodity

Apparently Guthrie, Hernandez, and Scutaro are the main guys gettin shopped, I would love to see EY get a large look as the second basemen if scutaro was to be shipped off
    It'll be interesting with Pacheco. I think you're probably right as it stands now, but I'm not %100. I don't see Helton coming back another year though and I'm not exactly sure we have a 1st baseman revving to go. We have Arenado (hopefully) coming up next year, who is supposedly suppose to be the future at 3B. Although, maybe they just move him to 1st. If you can play 3rd, you can certainly play 1st. Really interested to see the roster next year. Hopefully the Monforts fire O'Dowd and themselves or at least spend some $ on some pitching.

I think Betancourt has been named as one of the more likely, but that list is pretty accurate. Would love to see EY in an everyday lineup as well. Good things always happen when he's batting.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamGoku View Post
    We can get away with trading one or two of our OF cause we do have a good farm system in that position
    Blackmon and Wheeler have to be given the chance to succeed. Whether we trade them or Dex, I'd think the smart thing to do is get rid of one of them.

vCash
    If any OF is going to be traded, it'd probably be Dex. O'Dowd basically said Cargo and Cuddyer were untouchable. Said Fowler "probably" wasn't either, so not that likely. It'll be interesting to see what they do with Scutaro and Hernandez. Rosario is the future at catcher, really like what I'm seeing out of Rutledge and it'd be nice to keep him in the majors when Tulo comes back.

vCash
    Well until the pitching on this team can be figured out, it is never going to matter hat the rest of the team looks like cause they cant hold a lead

vCash
    Yep. O'Dowd of all people should know you can't go into a season "winging" what your starting rotation is going to look like here. Collecting a bunch of unproven 4-5 guys and long relievers with the hopes of putting together a solid rotation is pretty much suicide. Oh well, hopefully our draft pick next year is something special.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast