Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 512
  1. #301
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    14,152
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    Yea, I know, I catch alot of *** from friends because of that..what can I say, when I was growing up the Warriors were falling from grace and the Lakers were dominating.. Shaq is my favorite player (besides Jordan) of all time and when he went to the Lakers I was sold..but the new Warriors owners have convinced me they want to turn the organization around, and I believe the warriors are winning the championship!! Jerry West will take care of the franchise for a long time, and I think Mark Jackson will be a very successful coach. I also think Curry and Ellis deserve a title with GS, (I hope Ellis stays and they find a way to work the backcourt).
    Yeah so ummmm. this little justification didnt earn you any more respect as a warriors fan.

    If we could recap for a second. You were growing up and the warriors were struggling (pretty much the same story for all of us)... so you became a laker fan because they were doing well.

    But now you think the warriors are going to turn it around......so your a fan of both teams?

    It kinda sounds like your not a real fan of either team, but anyway... we'd love to hear what you had for lunch today.
    A role model if I ever knew one

  2. #302
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    8,981
    vCash
    1500
    though im not a Lakers fan, i think the dominance of the Lakers in the early 2000's can't be overlooked. I had the Kings all the way as well as Phili, and New Jersey during the finals.

    But for lolPhillies, he might have just wanted to watch and root for somebody relevant during the playoffs. Though not ordniarily done in the bay area, it doesnt mean that he's not a real Warrior fan. Just my opinion..



    she says go for the championship

  3. #303
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Amidst A Giants Dynasty: 3in5
    Posts
    32,268
    vCash
    3679
    Yea that's fine if you don't want to respect me as a real W fan cause i'm a fan of both, I understand that lol. I will be here supporting them either way though haha! Can't wait to see Mark Jackson's coaching approach and results.


    Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana


    Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

  4. #304
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    2017 Pier 30 - Embarcadero Center
    Posts
    26,723
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    Yea that's fine if you don't want to respect me as a real W fan cause i'm a fan of both, I understand that lol. I will be here supporting them either way though haha! Can't wait to see Mark Jackson's coaching approach and results.
    if youre a fan of the dubs then welcome my brother..we all started somewhere.

    I started following the Dubs in 2001 when I was 14. Before then I never followed any sports. Thats when I realized the W's sucked but I hella liked Antawn Jamison. Soon after, I became a fan of T-Mac, when he got traded to Orlando and became a star..I definitely followed them for a couple years.

    Eric Musselman is probably the coach that I believed was going to turn it around. We actually won 38 and 37 games back to back seasons..thats when I ditched T-Mac cuz he had no help and couldnt make it out the first round lol..

    To put it into perspective, this is right when we drafted Richardson, Murph, and stole Arenas in the 2nd round. Then we got Dunleavy, Pietrus, Van Exel, Calbert Cheaney and Clifford "Big Dog" Robinson..

    Then two years of nothing until We Believe..and Im sure most of you know the story from there.
    Last edited by MackShock; 08-15-2011 at 03:39 AM.

    GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."



    #DUBSUP

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    2017 Pier 30 - Embarcadero Center
    Posts
    26,723
    vCash
    1500
    Plus, its a great time to join the rising Warriors, as the Lakers are going to falter and search for another Savior after Kobe retires in a couple years..although the Lakers will always be a good team..theyre like the Yankees..they may not win it all, but theyll always make the playoffs

    GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."



    #DUBSUP

  6. #306
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    14,152
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    if youre a fan of the dubs then welcome my brother..we all started somewhere.

    I started following the Dubs in 2001 when I was 14. Before then I never followed any sports. Thats when I realized the W's sucked but I hella liked Antawn Jamison. Soon after, I became a fan of T-Mac, when he got traded to Orlando and became a star..I definitely followed them for a couple years.

    Eric Musselman is probably the coach that I believed was going to turn it around. We actually won 38 and 37 games back to back seasons..thats when I ditched T-Mac cuz he had no help and couldnt make it out the first round lol..
    To put it into perspective, this is right when we drafted Richardson, Murph, and stole Arenas in the 2nd round. Then we got Dunleavy, Pietrus, Van Exel, Calbert Cheaney and Clifford "Big Dog" Robinson..

    Then two years of nothing until We Believe..and Im sure most of you know the story from there.
    I'm pretty sure orlando signed both tmac and grant hill in the same off season. There was no trade? Which was likely one of the best free agent off seasons in NBA history for any team. Both of those players were potential top 5 players in the league for the next decade. Unfortunately it really couldnt have unfolded any worse than it did.

    I found your next bolded comment interesting though. You ditched orlando because they couldnt get out of the first round- to back the warriors who couldnt even sniff the first round.
    A role model if I ever knew one

  7. #307
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    A little place called Aspen
    Posts
    5,855
    vCash
    1500
    The weird thing is I can't really think of a team that I rooted for who were in the playoffs for a few years. I rooted against teams. I always rooted against the Lakers and Spurs. I guess my favorite non Warriors team was that 2002 Bucks team after Payton was traded there.

    Payton
    Cassel/Redd
    Ray Allen/Mason
    Tim Thomas/Kukoc
    Anthony Mason

  8. #308
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    A little place called Aspen
    Posts
    5,855
    vCash
    1500
    I also enjoyed watching the 94 Rockets but who didn't? I don't really count them.

  9. #309
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    2017 Pier 30 - Embarcadero Center
    Posts
    26,723
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    I'm pretty sure orlando signed both tmac and grant hill in the same off season. There was no trade? Which was likely one of the best free agent off seasons in NBA history for any team. Both of those players were potential top 5 players in the league for the next decade. Unfortunately it really couldnt have unfolded any worse than it did.

    I found your next bolded comment interesting though. You ditched orlando because they couldnt get out of the first round- to back the warriors who couldnt even sniff the first round.
    He was dealt to Orlando for a first round pick (Fran Vasquez) and they signed Grant Hill.

    I didnt exactly ditch them cuz they couldnt exit the first round, but rather the Warriors were on the rise and they were my hometown team. I was only able to follow the Magic..I didnt have cable so I listened to games on KNBR. I used to hate it when they played the Magic cuz I wanted the Dubs to win, but i wanted T-Mac to win too due to the playoff hunt. I also followed Houston for a tiny bit but by then I was a full fledged Dubs fan.

    I remember T-Mac in 2005, wanting help. He wanted them to draft Okafor, but they drafted Howard, talent over established NBA-ready player. He demanded a trade. Look how that turned out....

    GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."



    #DUBSUP

  10. #310
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    22,552
    vCash
    500
    What happened to more than half of these morons?

  11. #311
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    2017 Pier 30 - Embarcadero Center
    Posts
    26,723
    vCash
    1500
    90%...the only full timers are me, asandhu, stylez, coolbeans...lloyd christmas. thats it

    scratch part time, everyone else is seasonal lol..no pun intended
    Last edited by MackShock; 09-23-2011 at 01:45 AM.

    GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."



    #DUBSUP

  12. #312
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Fresno, CA
    Posts
    2,409
    vCash
    1500
    I am Brando and this is my sign up post.

  13. #313
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    2017 Pier 30 - Embarcadero Center
    Posts
    26,723
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandoCommando View Post
    I am Brando and this is my sign up post.
    Elaborate...follow the prompt please

    GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."



    #DUBSUP

  14. #314
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    14,152
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    Elaborate...follow the prompt please
    way to flex the power mackshock, make him do the truffle shuffle
    A role model if I ever knew one

  15. #315
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    A little place called Aspen
    Posts
    5,855
    vCash
    1500
    Shock probably doesn't like that movie either...

Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •