Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

David Lee Traded To Boston

Gerald Wallace to the warriors.

On my phone can't post the link

Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

vCash
    Wings on wings on wings on wings. I think he has a chance to be a role player for us. Fits that small lineup well

vCash
    Warriors might stretch his contract over three years so that 10 mill won't go into the luxury. Saves close to 20 million this year

vCash
    he will contribute more then Davd Lee.

Ill judge the trade after I see how Wallace fits into the lineup. Bob Meyers seems to know what he's doing most of the time.

vCash
    Hmm interesting... haven't really seen/heard much of Wallace the last few years.... but anything to save us some money to save room to keep this team together I like.

Any chance we end up flipping Wallace, or you all think we'll keep him?
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 8-8
    "Yeah, lets fire Jim Harbaugh and hire Jim Tomsula!!"
    Warriors = 49-12 Making it rain!
    A's =
    WINNING!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmac8675 View Post
    Hmm interesting... haven't really seen/heard much of Wallace the last few years.... but anything to save us some money to save room to keep this team together I like.

Any chance we end up flipping Wallace, or you all think we'll keep him?

Dumping salary for scrap pretty much..!

and btw your sig is too distracting for Sports discussion.

vCash
    Good luck to Lee in Boston. As far as Wallace, I'm not expecting much from him, but the deal does save over $5M. Maybe there's another signing coming?

vCash
    I think they are looking to flip him. Would have been nice to get a bit more in the deal but dlee had boston on his list so good for them.

vCash
    I don't expect to see a lot of Wallace. He's been injured for a good part of his career. In his last 7 seasons, he's only averaged 41 games per season and has only played 70+ games three times in his 14 year career. I see this nothing more than a salary dump. I don't think Wallace adds much to this team. He's never been an offensive player and has always been known for his defense, but at 33 years old, he's broken down and probably can't defend much anymore. Lee, has been one of my favorite players since he arrived. He was one of the few that wanted to come here even though the W's sucked. Some may think that Lee didn't contribute much all season, but the minutes he played during the Finals were huge and it changed how the series went. Hope he tears it up in Boston.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    Good luck to Lee in Boston. As far as Wallace, I'm not expecting much from him, but the deal does save over $5M. Maybe there's another signing coming?
    i heard on the radio- deal could save close to 18 million, but I dont know if it means a free agent signing as the warriors were already well over the cap. It woulda been cool if the warriors coulda done a sign and trade for brandon bass (as long as they were taking back salary.
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    If he was going anywhere, im glad Lee went to Boston

she says go for the championship

vCash
    I wish Gerald Wallace the best with you guys. He was a true professional during his 2 years in BOS. He understood the situation - that he was an overpaid scrub at this point of his career just hanging around until his contract expired. But rather than just show up to collect a check he was as good a mentor as you can be and really embraced that role on the rebuilding Celtics. Whenever the team played poorly he called them out like they deserved and wouldn't let them buy into any of the tanking talk that the fans/media were saying. And when they did call on him he gave 110% every time. Smart, Sullinger, Olynyk, etc. are all better players because of him as a teammate and even if he can't contribute on the court, I have no doubt that he will embrace whatever role you guys have for him (benchwarmer) and have the same effect on Curry, Klay, Barnes, Green.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I wish Gerald Wallace the best with you guys. He was a true professional during his 2 years in BOS. He understood the situation - that he was an overpaid scrub at this point of his career just hanging around until his contract expired. But rather than just show up to collect a check he was as good a mentor as you can be and really embraced that role on the rebuilding Celtics. Whenever the team played poorly he called them out like they deserved and wouldn't let them buy into any of the tanking talk that the fans/media were saying. And when they did call on him he gave 110% every time. Smart, Sullinger, Olynyk, etc. are all better players because of him as a teammate and even if he can't contribute on the court, I have no doubt that he will embrace whatever role you guys have for him (benchwarmer) and have the same effect on Curry, Klay, Barnes, Green.
    I don't think he suits up for us but I wish Lee the best with you as well. He handled his benching and diminished role after his injury to start the year as well as anyone could have. He didn't complain or become a distraction. He showed when called upon and remained a true pro when faced with a tough situation. Hope he does well with you guys.

vCash
    If this was Crash Wallace it would have been a great trade. Unfortunately it's just plain old Gerald Wallace. Doubt he gets any playing time for this team.

I wonder if the Warriors are going to stretch or just let him expire sitting on the bench?

Either way next offseason should be interesting for the Warriors.
    My favourite NBA players of all time

1. Steve Nash.
    2. Tim Duncan.
    3. Shaquille O'Neal.
    4. Tony Parker.
    5. Stephen Curry (newest addition, as of 2012/13).

(Props to Iverson, as a kid he was easily in my top 3. Can't condone that as an adult though, now I know more about the game).

My favourite players right now
    (in no particular order)

- John Wall.
    - Gordon Hayward.
    - Stephen Curry.
    - Kawhi Leonard.
    - Tim Duncan.

(Ricky Rubio is 6th...)

vCash
    Sam Amick said the Warriors might be looking to use Wallace's expiring to get Brandon Jennings off of a Detroit team that doesn't want him. Don't know that Jennings is a Warriors kind of guy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast