Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cardinals top prospect Alex Reyes suspended 50 games for 2nd failed marijuana test

Here's the thing, your personal views on marijuana aren't relevant to this. The only thing relevant is he knows he isn't supposed to be doing it and did it again and got caught again. Grow the **** up

He's an idiot for breaking a dumb rule

It's like a wet paint sign. You know you aren't supposed to do it but you do and get away with it with basically nothing more than a little paint on your finger

Now this is being stupid enough to touch it again

This is worse than Shelby Miller

It's not an issue if you like or don't like pot.

It's that he isn't allowed to be doing it as a professional, and he owes it to his team mates and this organization to not be doing it. Period.

He has a lot of growing up to do, and none of it has to do with his position on drugs or not.

It's that he is expected to be better than this in his position, and he should know better. He let a lot of people down with this. Hopefully he matures quickly.

Shelby had immature things going on like not wanting to throw anything outside the fastball, he was drinking underage, no responding to coaching.

The alcohol was a problem but it happened, he got punished, it didn't happen again.

Reyes has been caught, given a gift of light to no punishment and then was stupid enough to do it again.

I fully get he's a kid and kids this age do this kinda stuff but he's not a typical kid. He has to know better. This really, really pisses me off

Hopefully this isn't a sign of a bigger problem
    "If you find yourself in the majority, rethink your position" - Mark Twain

To me it should already be a huge red flag. The guy is risking millions for a Baggy of dried plant

This seems beyond immaturity to me. It seems more like addiction (yes, the high from Pot in addictive don't give me the ******** it's not) or extreme stupidity

Reminds me of Chris Perez

This is very upsetting...
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

I feel like I'm taking the hot take because I'm not usually so pissed about something but Jesus Christ. how dumb a decision can you make for literally no reason

Cardinals top prospect Alex Reyes suspended 50 games for 2nd failed marijuana test

I'm pissed he was dumb enough to smoke weed . But I'm kinda pissed it's a fifty game suspension kinda seems a little excessive. Marijuana is illegal and he shouldn't use it but it's not steroids so I don't see how punishing him like he used steroids is fair either.

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

Quote Originally Posted by JoeDirt05 View Post
    I'm pissed he was dumb enough to smoke weed . But I'm kinda pissed it's a fifty game suspension kinda seems a little excessive. Marijuana is illegal and he shouldn't use it but it's not steroids so I don't see how punishing him like he used steroids is fair either.
    It's more than fair when you get a free chance IMO

They literally give you a second chance before facing any real punishment. It's kinda like speeding. If a cop catches you speeding and gives you a break you should be grateful. If you go speeding by him again you got what you deserved.

If it was the first time and you got 50 games I would agree. But you had a free warning, you have it drilled into your head what will happen and you still did it. That's troubling

To me, failing a marijuana test just shows a lack of good judgment. You know you are being tested, so don't do it!

It's just stupidity to fail a drug test.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals