Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Cardinals (19-19) vs Cubs (12-24) May 12-15

Cardinals vs Cubs
    Monday, May 12, 7:10 PM CDT , Busch Stadium
    Travis Wood, LHP
    41.2 IP, 2-4, 4.75 ERA, 1.44 WHIP
    Wood walked a season-high five batters in his last outing against the White Sox, and served up eight runs over four-plus innings. Asked to describe his season so far, the lefty said he's been inconsistent. He beat the Cardinals on May 2 at home.
    Tyler Lyons, LHP
    21.0 IP, 0-2, 3.43 ERA, 1.05 WHIP
    Lyons has earned a stay in the rotation despite being winless in his three starts. That's largely because the Cardinals have scored only two runs in those games. Lyons gave up one run in his last start, a six-inning effort against Atlanta.
    Tuesday, May 13, 7:15 PM CDT , Busch Stadium
    Jake Arrieta, RHP
    9.1 IP, 0-0, 2.89 ERA, 1.71 WHIP
    Arrieta wasn't able to go deep in his last start against the White Sox. In four innings, he threw 81 pitches and scattered nine hits. Slowed this spring because of tightness in his right shoulder, this will be Arrieta's third start.
    Adam Wainwright, RHP
    58.0 IP, 6-2, 2.02 ERA, 0.93 WHIP
    Wainwright got back on track in his last start while becoming the NL's first six-game winner. He has pitched at least seven innings in all but one of his eight starts, and he has allowed only three runs in 46 innings to teams not named the Cubs.
    Wednesday, May 14, 7:15 PM CDT , Busch Stadium
    Jason Hammel, RHP
    47.2 IP, 4-1, 2.45 ERA, 0.86 WHIP
    Hammel was righteously spared a loss after a ninth-inning rally in his most recent start. He scattered seven hits -- all singles -- and gave up two runs in seven strong innings for his seventh quality start.
    Michael Wacha, RHP
    47.1 IP, 2-3, 2.85 ERA, 1.20 WHIP
    Wacha is winless in his last five outings, though he's yet to allow more than three runs in any of his seven starts this season. Wacha was hurt particularly by two-strike hits last time out, as five of the seven he allowed were in such counts.
    Thursday, May 15, 12:45 PM CDT , Busch Stadium
    Jeff Samardzija, RHP
    56.0 IP, 0-3, 1.45 ERA, 1.05 WHIP
    Rain shortened Samardzija's most recent start, which saw him unable to get a win for his 14th consecutive outing. Still, he tossed his seventh quality start in eight turns as his cutter was at a season-best.
    Lance Lynn, RHP
    47.0 IP, 4-2, 3.83 ERA, 1.32 WHIP
    For the fourth time in eight starts this season, Lynn allowed three or more runs in an inning his last time out. It cost him a three-run lead and the Cardinals a win. He is now winless in his last four games after winning his first four.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    Go us

vCash
    It is weird that our dramatic climb to the top of the national league starts today. Weird, right?
    "If you find yourself in the majority, rethink your position" - Mark Twain

vCash
    Well this is ugly.

vCash
    So far the climb to the top starts with a descent
    "If you find yourself in the majority, rethink your position" - Mark Twain

vCash
    Oh no, we suck again!

Seriously, this team is hard to watch.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redbird89 View Post
    Oh no, we suck again!

Seriously, this team is hard to watch.
    Watching paint dry is more exciting than watching this years team. Brutal.

vCash
    Matheny, you ****ing dipshit of a ****ing manager.

Intentionally hitting the pitcher who is leading off an inning in a game where your team just showed they could come back in.

And you hit him, and he scores...and the game gets further out of hand.

I haven't hated Matheny as a manager until this last 30 days

vCash
    Matheny sucks...
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    its getting past the point of 'cold start' and getting to the point of 'overrated'

vCash
    Love to see Taveras up here. But, his #'s are not really that great for the PCL league which is usually great for hitters. What's up with the Cards minor league sysytem with their young hitters?? Have not seen too many good ones in a while.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jayboek View Post
    Love to see Taveras up here. But, his #'s are not really that great for the PCL league which is usually great for hitters. What's up with the Cards minor league sysytem with their young hitters?? Have not seen too many good ones in a while.
    I hate this misconception.
    Isn't Taveras only 21? The PCL is not an easy league, if you're a AAAA hitter that's been there for a few years then it can be but just look at Baez for the cubs.
    He demolished high A and AA and is really hurting in AAA.
    A lot of cubs fans thought he would breeze through AAA because it's supposedly easy...well it's not. It's full of mlb quality veterans and pitchers who now have a scouting report on hitters and are trying to get them out by pitching to their weaknesses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jayboek View Post
    .845 OPS centerfielder....

They say 10% per level.

That's a league average hitter, who plays centerfield, and is 8 years away from his prime lol.

And it's a tiny sample size.

vCash
    We are going to get to Arrieta, I'm telling ya

And I think Shelby Miller is now going to be the starter who gets traded this season, not Lynn.

vCash
    Rosenthal needs to be pulled from the closer role.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast