Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Injured Senators Forward Spezza Hopes Season Isn't Over

Just a link to an article posted on TSN.ca, it's the first time Spezza has spoken to the media after news got out that he will require surgery for the herniated disk that he has. There's an interview with him on the site as well.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=415549

He hit the nail right on the head when he says that he can't rush himself back into the line-up, which is at the end of season come playoff time if we make it to the post-season.

vCash
    "I started to feel it a little bit towards the end of training camp and the start of the season and then it got out of control probably after the second game of the season," Spezza said.
    certainly seems like the rumours of him getting the injury in europe could be true after reading that

I pretty much new I'd have to see someone
    clean it up tsn

It wont be easy to make the playoffs without Spezza luckily there aren't many teams in the east that are clearly way better. They need to beat those teams though and not let em slip away like last night.
    Sens Raps Jays

vCash
    I'd rather see him sit for the season + playoffs than risk bringing him back early. Would be pretty difficult to make a deep playoff run with a rusty Spezza and Cowen the way our lineup looks right now. I think next year is when we start contending so let him rest.

vCash
    EDIT: wrong thread
    Last edited by the_jon; 02-09-2013 at 01:52 PM.

vCash
    i have a feeling he will be back by beginning of april, the guy is the type of player that wont sit for long and if alfie can talk his way back into the lineup with a bad knee when its playoff time im sure spezza can too in his last few weeks of recovery. plus the sad part is that spezza with a bad back is still better that 90% of our forwards