Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 79 of 86 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1278
    vCash
    Gardiner was sent down to the Marlies today. Wow. I know he needs time to get back to speed after the concussion but if anyone deserves to be cut it's Phaneuf or Franson.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Was he sent down so Fraser and Holzer can play? The problem is the Leafs have too many weak, offensive minded d-men. Liles, Gradner and Phaneuf don't offer much to the style of game Carlyle likes to play. One of them had to go and most likely it was Gardnier because he doesn't have to clear waivers

vCash
    Gardiner needs to be brought back slowly. I find it interesting that he was sent down though, considering how well Frattin and Kadri have played (add Kostka in as well if you want) i think Nonis likes what Eakins is doing with players down there. Kadri is a changed player, Frattin looked very good coming fresh out of Eakins system so maybe that's the reason. If it is then i question why they keep Carlyle here, i think the team has really improved under Carlyle but Eakins seems to have a real connection with our "homegrown" talent.

IDK i think Gardiner could have got his groove back here but if he comes back on fire i think Nonis might have a intriguing issue emerging. I really hope we don't lose Eakins, i know he wants to be a HC but i would be ecstatic if we could have both Eakins and Carlyle here.

vCash
    Gards will be down for a week or two I'm guessing. Just to get back into playing shape and get back into playing shape.
    Hockey- Toronto Maple Leafs
    Basketball- Toronto Raptors
    Baseball- Toronto Blue Jays
    Football - Philadelphia Eagles & San Diego Chargers

vCash
    Gardiner won't be down long, he didn't look great coming back though. Just a conditioning stint.

vCash
    It makes sense. If anything it's great because Wilson never would have done this.

Carlyle is playing this smart. Gardiner looked lost his last few games here... he definitely needs time in the AHL. I say give him 10 games down there to get his motor going again and then call him up. Kostka looked a bit worse last game too but they all looked pretty bad.

So yeah looks like Fraser will get more ice, as will Kostka, Franson and Komisarek. Holzer is down with the Marlies so no.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    Gardiner will be back on Monday

vCash
    Aaaaand that was short lived.

vCash
    ^yup. He played one game but the AHL was going on the all-star break, no point having him there when he could practice with us up here.

vCash
    Lol... Leafs for ya.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    Can we please put Gunnarsson back with Phaneuf? Please?

Gunnarsson - Phaneuf
    Liles - Komisarek
    Gardiner - Franson/Kostka

Kostka is playing decent but the guy can't play 31 mins a night! I don't know what RC is thinking on that one.

vCash
    The problem with putting Gunnar back with Phanuef is that you put two of your better defenseman on a pair and the others are left exposed. If Gardiner and Liles play lights out we still have Komi, Kostka, Franson, and Fraser to deal with.

I would try Phanuef and Gunnar, Liles and Komi, Gardiner and Kostka for a few games and see how that shakes out. But before that i would take away minutes from the top pair and make it more even.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    The problem with putting Gunnar back with Phanuef is that you put two of your better defenseman on a pair and the others are left exposed. If Gardiner and Liles play lights out we still have Komi, Kostka, Franson, and Fraser to deal with.

I would try Phanuef and Gunnar, Liles and Komi, Gardiner and Kostka for a few games and see how that shakes out. But before that i would take away minutes from the top pair and make it more even.
    If ice time were split evenly between all 3 pairings, then you would be correct. However, Mike Kotska played 31 minutes on Saturday... WHAT?!

If the top pair is going to play half the game, make sure it's your 2 top d-men.

vCash
    Putting Gunnarson back with Phanuef strengthens our top pairing and gives someone to that line that can pick up the slack and balance out Phaneufs flaws.

vCash
    Ryan Hamilton scores a hatty in the AHL all-star game. He scored with 11 seconds left in the game to break the tie. Looks like he may get the MVP of the game too. Good for him.

Page 79 of 86 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast