Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 74 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1278
    vCash
    At least there's lots of centres near the top of the draft. MacKinnon, Monahan, Alexander Barkov, Domi (probably more mid round). Hell, could you imagine if we even got Seth Jones? Our D core would be filthy for the future. Don't know much on Barkov, but apparent he's pretty big and skilled.

vCash

Burke: Reilly was #1 on our list

... But just minutes after the Leafs drafted him fifth overall and he first donned the Blue and White up on the stage, GM Brian Burke pronounced that the Moose Jaw defenceman had been the top name on their list."

"He looked like a player. Did he show enough to be the first overall? No. I don't see how anyone could have him ahead of (Edmonton's No. 1 overall Nail) Yakupov based on such a small sample, especially with a question about an injury out there."

“I'd say Rielly might have been (the overall No. 1) for an organization based on what he had done before his injury. I liked him more than Ryan Murray “, said one Western scout. “He has more upside, more play-making offensive ability. Murray will be a good player but the creative part of the game, that's Rielly's strength. Murray would be the sound defensive player who would allow a player like Rielly or Ryan Murphy to go do his thing. And I see Rielly as a better risk-reward bet than Murphy -- the upside with Rielly might be higher and there's less risk of him not being able to help you.”

"If he was the Leafs' No. 1 overall on their list, I'd say congratulations, that's a good pick."
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/...n_rielly_pick/

Article was written by Gare Joyce, who ripped Burke when he claimed that Reilly was the #1 talent on his board. Joyce uses this article as an way to apologize to Burke:
    Brian Burke, please forgive me for ever doubting you.
    While i think it was dumb that Burke dumped a lot of pressure on Reilly with that comment, Joyce comes to the conclusion that it was very plausible that some teams had Reilly #1 on their draft list. In the article Joyce also acknowledges that teams would have a hard time taking Reilly at the #5 spot let alone first overall, but that was because of his injury that limited his playing time just before the draft.

vCash
    The pressure was always there anyways. A top 5 pick playing for the Leafs comes with immediate pressure and what Burke said doesn't change anything. He likes the kid. Rielly's a special talent. Seeing this kid play in the Russia/Canada junior series was eye-opening. I knew he could skate and create but he really blew me away. You can see why Burke and co. can justify saying they had him number one. It would be a lot more interesting had he not gotten hurt, second overall may have been a lock and there may have been a Yakupov/Rielly debate going into the draft. We all know the media loves to stir those "who's going first overall" stories when it's obvious who's going first from a mile away.

vCash
    Straight up - who would you rather have, Riley or Murray? (Before the injury)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B BURKE View Post
    That entirely depends on team needs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B BURKE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    That entirely depends on team needs.
    This, but honestly, I think Rielly definitely has the higher potential, but obviously less likely to reach that. But watching him on MJ is just something else. It's just flat out amazing how he joins the rush, he literally is the 4th forward out there and his D definitely isn't as bad as some guys on this forum make it out to be. I just wish he could get traded to a better team MJ sucks...

vCash
    Alot of the scouting reports last year had Murray at #2 or atleast as the #1 d man because of the fact that he was a less risky pick. A safe pick. Rielly's injury really hampered his draft slot and thank god because if played a whole year I doubt he ends up with us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    This, but honestly, I think Rielly definitely has the higher potential, but obviously less likely to reach that. But watching him on MJ is just something else. It's just flat out amazing how he joins the rush, he literally is the 4th forward out there and his D definitely isn't as bad as some guys on this forum make it out to be. I just wish he could get traded to a better team MJ sucks...
    I'm hoping by the trade deadline he'll get dealt to Sakatoon. They're hosting the Mem. Cup this year so they need to go all out.

vCash
    3 posts in a row lol. It's either slow around here or I'm just bored. I'd go with both. Anyways here's a link with a table showing all our prospects and how they've done stat wise up until Nov 30th.

http://mapleleafshotstove.com/2012/1...e-november-30/

Rielly and Finn impress me (future top/top2 pairing?) Then you have some of our "truculent" guys like Broll and Biggs putting up numbers in Junoir. It seems like Broll's been in Junoir for about 6 years already lol. Connor Brown's havin' at 'er too this year. I can't stop thinking about someday watching Rielly and Gardiner QB a PP wearing our jersey.

vCash
    So im at the kelowna rockets game tonight...Morgan rielly is in town...kid looks legit

vCash
    Scouts are saying Riley has the higher ceiling than Murray. Murray is a safe, all around, steady defenseman. I see Murray as a top 2 dman.
    Riley has alot more offensive flash. He can flat out fly, and is avg just under a point a game on a bad Moose Jaw team.
    Reily or Murray?! I'd say both are safe picks.

vCash
    KyleTheReporter
    Including last season's playoffs, Frattin has scored 31 goals in 42 games with the Marlies. #Marlies

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    KyleTheReporter
    From the games I watched Frattin last year with the Leafs, this was really his biggest downfall in my mind(finding the back of the net). He seemed to do just about everything except bury the biscuit so it's great to see him finding the back of the net at such a great rate right now.

vCash
    http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/feature/?id=81742

Canadian WJC Roster for camp. Rielly obviously makes it but he's the only Leaf. Stuart Percy not even invited to camp is a litttle weird. Any of you OHL boys heard much from him this season? All I have is stats and they can be a bit misleading in Junoir.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Leaf rookie camp invite Charlie Sarault won OHL player of the week

Page 74 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast