Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 72 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1278
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    I'm a little worried about Gardnier because of the system he will be forced to play. Carlyle is a defence first type of coach and I think this will hold back Gardnier's offensive development which is one of his biggest strengths. I hate when coaches try and force players into systems when you know it just won't work.
    Fowler seemed to do pretty well offensively with Carlyle. I think he'll be fine, Kessel is the one that takes the biggest hit production wise imo.

vCash
    ^
    Kessel won't take the hit people think he will. Carlyle is extremely selective who he puts on the ice and when. Carlyle addressed this last season when asked about Kessel. He said Kessel will recieve the same ice time the only difference being it will be more situational. For the rest of the season it was true. Kessel just didn't get ice time when faceoffs started in our own end along with the rest of his linemates because they were defensively brutal. Any faceoff in the opposition zone and Kessel was the first guy off the bench on to the ice.

Carlyle may put the majority of his emphasis on defence but as Halladay said in a post I forgot to quote, "Carlyle doesn't have that chokehold" people think just comes in spades with a defensive minded coach. Kessel will get his 20 minutes or close to it but the bulk of that time will come in the offensive zone. Carlyle is a match up pheen. Nights we're getting our ***** kicked beyond the resonable hope of any come back those nights you'll see Kessel on his butt.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    6th round pick from the Erie Ottors Connor Brown with 2G 2A +3 tonight...the +3 is huge consider he was a league low -72 last year...only a -4 so far this year...not that the +/- stat holds any signifance

vCash
    Connor Brown with another big night with 3 assists and a +3. David Broll has 2 goals for the Soo.

vCash
    Looks like Ryan Rupert will be a scratch for the Subway Series. Out for another 4 weeks with a shoulder injury. Stuart Percy and Josh Leivo will be playing though.

vCash
    Kadri with 3 points last night, hopefully he gets a streak going.

Komarov has played pretty well too. Scored his 4th goal in 3 games last night.

vCash
    Josh Leivo. The next lucic!!!
    The guy looks good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B BURKE View Post
    The guy looks good.
    I hope you are joking. Their game is nothing alike at all. I just got home from waching Leivo play against the Sting. He is a finess player who bangs a little bit. He scored a goal and was the only Wolves player that stood out tonight. I'm going to see him again tomorrow in the Subway Series. No Lucic though
    Last edited by Lavy16; 11-12-2012 at 01:27 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B BURKE View Post
    The guy looks good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    I hope you are joking. Their game is nothing alike at all. I just got home from waching Leivo play against the Sting. He is a finess play who bangs a little bit. He scored a goal and was the only Wolves player that stood out tonight. I'm going to see him again tomorrow in the Subway Series
    It's the lockout, let us dream!
    :cry:
    Head of the Bandwagon to make tunnicliffderek the Miami Dolphins Manager, Guaranteeing us another 72' season

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    i would trade our first,our 1st next yr and cam wake for aj green.Locker isnt a project hed start day one
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    i think cutler is worth 2 1st rounders and a 3rd thats just me though

vCash
    http://mapleleafshotstove.com/2012/1...e-november-11/

This article has a table showing our prospects stats this season up to this point if anybody's interested.

vCash
    On the prospect side of things... not finding a place on the Marlies roster for Brad Ross is a pretty big mistake in my mind. He's what they're looking for. His offensive upside is completely undervalued. He's a heart and soul guy from an extremely successful jr. program (pumped out Sven Bartschi, Ryan Johansen, Ty Rattie, Nino Niederreiter, Joe Morrow, and this year Seth Jones) that scores, hits, fights his own battles, and was as much a reason for a lot of the above mentioned guys success, as opposed to them propping him up. I really don't think it'd be a stretch to say this guy is a Darcy Tucker type, with more size.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJamesNaismith View Post
    On the prospect side of things... not finding a place on the Marlies roster for Brad Ross is a pretty big mistake in my mind. He's what they're looking for. His offensive upside is completely undervalued. He's a heart and soul guy from an extremely successful jr. program (pumped out Sven Bartschi, Ryan Johansen, Ty Rattie, Nino Niederreiter, Joe Morrow, and this year Seth Jones) that scores, hits, fights his own battles, and was as much a reason for a lot of the above mentioned guys success, as opposed to them propping him up. I really don't think it'd be a stretch to say this guy is a Darcy Tucker type, with more size.
    I don't get it either. But look at Kenny Ryan as well, he's only played a handful of games this year (and he's produced in them) and he still gets benched. Him and Ross are 2nd round picks too, that's just poor development or asset management, whatever you want to call it.

vCash
    thanks for the updates

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

vCash
    Eakins isn't handing out ice time guys. Colborne and Kadri have been benched too so Ross isn't alone here. There's obviously something Eakins isn't liking. Keep in mind, he's not a big stats coach and he's said it himself. Have some faith in the guy.

vCash
    Komarov has been suspended for 1 game according to snet

Page 72 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast