Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 71 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1278
    vCash
    Odd story about Ritchie, his mom was my public school teacher. She was pregnant with him in my grade 3 class IIRC. I always thought that was weird.

vCash
    Ritchie lit up the Petes for 5 goals this past weekend. What an embarrassment. His younger brother was suppose to be better but can't seem to play more than 5 games without getting hurt or in trouble.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tito Santana View Post
    Ritchie lit up the Petes for 5 goals this past weekend. What an embarrassment. His younger brother was suppose to be better but can't seem to play more than 5 games without getting hurt or in trouble.
    Brett was a bit of a band aid when he was in Sarnia...seems tohave over come it when he got traded last year

vCash
    Big night for a few Leaf draft picks...Garret Sparks with a shutout and Matt Finn with a goal and an assist

vCash
    Game 3 of the Subway Series tonight. The Q ended up with a split winning last night in big time fashion. Nathan MacKinnon and Jonathan Drouin absolutely went off last night. 4 points a peice in a total **** kickin'. Tonight when the Russians play the OHL I think we have 3 or 4 prospects in the mix. Stuart Percy, Matt Finn and Josh Leivo for certain. I figure if the Q can muster up a split with the Russians considering how the Russians beat them 5 times straight before last night, that the OHL should sweep this thing hopefully being the overall stronger league. I'm looking forward to seeing Leivo. Never saw th kid play before and I've been hearing good things this year. I've seen Matt Finn a couple times this year and we've all seen Percy or atleast should have. It's nice to atleast watch prospects if a fella can't watch the real thing.

vCash
    Yeah I'm definitely gonna pay a little more attention now. We got guys in the OHL and WHL, really looking forward to seeing Finn and Rielly. Rielly was apparently amazing the other night vs Calgary. Just took the game over.

vCash
    I just hope the Leafs don't give into the pressure to rush Rielly or any other youngsters for that matter...we all know how that worked out for Luke Schenn
    Last edited by Lavy16; 11-08-2012 at 03:18 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSoxMaster View Post
    Game 3 of the Subway Series tonight. The Q ended up with a split winning last night in big time fashion. Nathan MacKinnon and Jonathan Drouin absolutely went off last night. 4 points a peice in a total **** kickin'. Tonight when the Russians play the OHL I think we have 3 or 4 prospects in the mix. Stuart Percy, Matt Finn and Josh Leivo for certain. I figure if the Q can muster up a split with the Russians considering how the Russians beat them 5 times straight before last night, that the OHL should sweep this thing hopefully being the overall stronger league. I'm looking forward to seeing Leivo. Never saw th kid play before and I've been hearing good things this year. I've seen Matt Finn a couple times this year and we've all seen Percy or atleast should have. It's nice to atleast watch prospects if a fella can't watch the real thing.
    I've got tickets to game 4 in Sarnia...I think the OHL has a better roster tonight in Guelph than the one playing in Sarnia...I'm expecting an OHL sweep again...make it 21 wins in a row

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    I just hope the Leafs don't give into the pressure to rush Rielly or any other youngsters for that matter...we all know how that worked out for Luke Schenn
    Schenn didn't have the skill to start in the league. He should of stayed in Junoir for 2 more years to gain a little confidence playing with the puck and thinking the game. His IQ was too low and he was too slow to be pushed into the pros. People say he had a great rookie season and I always disagree. He didn't play much better his first year than his second. Fact was that he made the team as an 18 year old and he had a get out of jail free card the first year. Second year everyone noticed the same mistakes he was making in his first they just decided to start pointing it out. It'll be the same thing this season, if it gets started, or next with Jake Gardiner. I don't expect Gardiner to regress tho. Kids very smart.

Down the road Morgan Rielly and Jake Gardiner may push Phaneuf off of our first PP unit.

vCash
    Schenn didn't have the skill to start in the league. He should of stayed in Junoir for 2 more years to gain a little confidence playing with the puck and thinking the game. His IQ was too low and he was too slow to be pushed into the pros. People say he had a great rookie season and I always disagree. He didn't play much better his first year than his second. Fact was that he made the team as an 18 year old and he had a get out of jail free card the first year. Second year everyone noticed the same mistakes he was making in his first they just decided to start pointing it out. It'll be the same thing this season, if it gets started, or next with Jake Gardiner. I don't expect Gardiner to regress tho. Kids very smart.

Down the road Morgan Rielly and Jake Gardiner may push Phaneuf off of our first PP unit.
    I'm a little worried about Gardnier because of the system he will be forced to play. Carlyle is a defence first type of coach and I think this will hold back Gardnier's offensive development which is one of his biggest strengths. I hate when coaches try and force players into systems when you know it just won't work.

vCash
    sorry to post this here but NHL and PA will meet for a 4th straight day tomorrow. good news?

Doug Maclean claims that Bettman sent a letter out (to the board of governors) saying that the talks have gained "traction".

vCash

Lightbulb

I'm a little worried about Gardnier because of the system he will be forced to play. Carlyle is a defence first type of coach and I think this will hold back Gardnier's offensive development which is one of his biggest strengths. I hate when coaches try and force players into systems when you know it just won't work.
    I pretty much agree.

I think people misjudge so called "defensive" orientated coaches. The reason D systems are pounded into the heads of players by these types of coaches are for the sole purpose of regaining the puck ASAP and closing off lanes. These coaches know the better they are at closing lanes and regaining the possesion of the puck the more time spent in the offensive zone. More time on offence is a bonus for Gardiner considering he'll get every chance to be on the ice if a faceoff is in the opposing zone. Problem being right now that we don't have the abundance of personelle on our team required to play a Carlyle system that can enhance the production of our skilled players like a Gardiner. Like losing battles on the wall and getting hammed in our own zone because we can't break out off of the wall. This team has a long long way to go up front to play Carlyle's way. There's not much to write home about when it comes to "team toughness" on the Leafs unfortunately. Burke has drafted alot guys upfront with the sandpaper and character to play a Carlyle type game in a supporting role. But those kids are 2-3 years away unfortunately and don't come with alot of upside regarding skill.

vCash
    Leivo, Finn and Percy all playing tonight against Russia. Finn paired with Ceci I believe and I think Leivo is on a line with Jenner
    "The way they play offense here is difficult for any quarterback," he said. "Every snap is an incredible decision. They're in a one-back offense, they can't run the ball against certain looks so they have to audible to some kind of a pass or a creative run to get away from trouble.
    "There's never a play in the game where Stafford can just turn around, hand the ball off and catch his breath. Every play he's researching the defense and they throw as much as anyone."

vCash
    I liked watching Leivo for the first time tonight. Anxious for the 2nd game.

vCash
    He'll be fine. Niedermayer seemed just fine as did Pronger. Carlyle doesn't have the chokehold system many seem to think he has.

I liked watching Leivo for the first time tonight. Anxious for the 2nd game.
    I was impressed with Leivo, can't say I've seen him play more than half a dozen games or so tbh but this is much better competition. He setup a few nice plays that didn't materialize into anything but nice plays nonetheless.

Page 71 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast