Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 67 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1278
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    If you go back a few years I said it a million times, send Luke back to junior. I'm such a believer in the Devils/Wings approach. Let the kids take their sweet time. Unless they're a first or second overall pick, almost 100% of the time they should be sent somewhere to develop other than the NHL. There are various reasons why you do this but the main one is the fact that you can screw a kid up by bringing him up too soon, there's no evidence to show that leaving a kid in the minors too long can screw them up. You're rolling the dice bringing them up too soon. Guys drafted in the later rounds stay in the minors for years, this approach should be used with most first rounders IMO. I know some people think I'm crazy here but whatever, I'd rather not take chances with draftees. I doubt having an 18 year old Luke Schenn or Nazem Kadri would have made this team significantly better.
    Agreed, and big reason why this whole lockout might be a blessing in disguise for this young Leaf team?

vCash
    Reilly, Murray, Dumba, Reinhart, and Pouliot have been selected for the super series according to the toronto star.

vCash
    Yeah saw that earlier. That defense is ****ing stacked to the teets.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BluejaysFan08 View Post
    Let me know how he looks, hes got talent but his attitude is awful from what I have heard.
    Ho-Sang lived up to all the hype. The skill set is unreal. I wa watching him in warm ups and he was putting on a show for the kids. His stick handlng is eite and his skating is smooth. He scored a goal mid way throuh the first and was a threat every shift till the end of the game. He is very dangerous on the PP because of his great play making abilities. I'm not sure about his attitude off ice, but he is the real deal on ice. Easily will be a top 5 2013 draft pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BluejaysFan08 View Post
    Let me know how he looks, hes got talent but his attitude is awful from what I have heard.
    I talked with a friend of mine who is an OHL scout and it sounds like there are a few kids inWindsor who have poor attitudes. They have been benching some of their veteran players due to off ice issues. Sounds like Ho-Sang is acting like some of the vets.

vCash
    Sounds like he'll be "that guy" at the upcoming draft. There's always one guy like this who will slip because of this. Grigorenko was last years.

vCash
    There are some rumblings that he has requested a trade

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    There are some rumblings that he has requested a trade
    grigorenko?

damn thats fast

vCash
    Sounds like he was a healthy scratch for tonight's game

vCash
    2 Assists for Rielly last night giving him 18 pts in 14 games. Connor Brown had a had trick, Matt Finn 1 Goal, Josh Lievo 1 Goal 3 Assists, David Broll 1 Goal. May have missed some guys but it's such a nice feeling to be able to say we have some promising prospects.
    Last edited by Ragin' Cajun; 10-27-2012 at 09:16 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragin' Cajun View Post
    2 Assists for Rielly last night giving him 18 pts in 14 games. Connor Brown had a had trick, Matt Finn 1 Goal, Josh Lievo 1 Goal 3 Assists, David Broll 1 Goal. May have missed some guys but it's such a nice feeling to be able to say we have some promising prospects.
    In Guelph, Garret Sparks got pulled at the half way point of the game after letting in 4 goals on 27 shots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    Sounds like he was a healthy scratch for tonight's game
    If the NHL stays locked out for a long time then Grigorenko will be traded. If the lockout ends soon he'll be with the Sabres. Patrick Roy and Darcy Regier have talked about the kid at length since the start of the season and they believe he's NHL ready. Quebec has too many import players and you can only play so many a game. They brought another kid over this year because they anticipated Grigorenko would be in the NHL. Now with the lockout they have to alternate import players in and out of the line up each game. That's the reason he's scratched every so often. Just a numbers game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSoxMaster View Post
    If the NHL stays locked out for a long time then Grigorenko will be traded. If the lockout ends soon he'll be with the Sabres. Patrick Roy and Darcy Regier have talked about the kid at length since the start of the season and they believe he's NHL ready. Quebec has too many import players and you can only play so many a game. They brought another kid over this year because they anticipated Grigorenko would be in the NHL. Now with the lockout they have to alternate import players in and out of the line up each game. That's the reason he's scratched every so often. Just a numbers game.
    I'm talking about Ho-Sang, not Grigs

vCash
    Drouin and MacKinnon apparently putting on a clinic tonight. Wish I was there... Drouin with the hatty and MacKinnon has at least 2 pts.
    "The way they play offense here is difficult for any quarterback," he said. "Every snap is an incredible decision. They're in a one-back offense, they can't run the ball against certain looks so they have to audible to some kind of a pass or a creative run to get away from trouble.
    "There's never a play in the game where Stafford can just turn around, hand the ball off and catch his breath. Every play he's researching the defense and they throw as much as anyone."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    Drouin and MacKinnon apparently putting on a clinic tonight. Wish I was there... Drouin with the hatty and MacKinnon has at least 2 pts.
    Crap, almost went down to the game

Page 67 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast