Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 66 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Lavs, completely agree with the assessment on Finn. Saw him live twice this year, and he's a standout. His vision and decision making really stood out for me. Also went to the home opener for the Rangers (vs. Oshawa), and Biggs scored in his first shift, and followed it up with a crushing check behind the net on his following shift. I don't know if I see a 1st liner at the next level YET for Biggs (maybe if he has another big play-making-center and a sniper on the other side he could ride shot-gun), but with some pro level conditioning he should be able to sustain the level of play he showed in flashes last Friday.

vCash
    Matt Finn was a complete steal. Days before the draft there were alot of mocks that had him going anywhere between 15-30 in the first round. We did a great job being able to snag him in the 2nd round. Now more so than ever, as stated by others, we really need to snap up a top center and goalie prospect. Our pool would be as deep as any then.

vCash
    love reading these posts, you guys know your stuff. Really happy about our D core for the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSoxMaster View Post
    Matt Finn was a complete steal. Days before the draft there were alot of mocks that had him going anywhere between 15-30 in the first round. We did a great job being able to snag him in the 2nd round. Now more so than ever, as stated by others, we really need to snap up a top center and goalie prospect. Our pool would be as deep as any then.
    I wanted Frk pretty badly in the second round and he was available with our pick but fell another dozen or so spots to the wings. I also didn't anticipate Finn to slip to the second.

vCash
    There's no doubt that our future is getting brighter, it's such a great thing to see. Hopefully another solid draft coming up next year. I hope Burke doesn't use all of the current prospects in trades. But it is nice to know we could package a few to get us a nice piece for the big club.

It's hard for us Leaf fans to have things to be excited about but we have a lot of promising players in our system and things are looking up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    I wanted Frk pretty badly in the second round and he was available with our pick but fell another dozen or so spots to the wings. I also didn't anticipate Finn to slip to the second.
    I watched the Mooseheads play last friday and he was abolutely a non-factor. A ghost out there. He also wasn't playing with MacKinnon which would seriously effect his point totals. pretty sure he played with him most of last season

vCash
    Frk's injury last year played a big part in where he ended up going. The Wings in the last two drafts have seen Frk last year and Jurco the year before fall to them. I think they took Xavier Oullette with another 2nd rounder same year they snapped up Jurco. The Moose would be smart to put Frk with MacKinnon but then again I can't see it because Drouin is coming back next game and he was unreal until he got injured. Like almost at a 2ppg pace. He's a first rounder for sure but his stock could rise more than anyone's this year. This years draft is almost a complete 180 from last years when you talk forwards as compared to D-men. If there was ever a year to go into the crapper it'd be this year if we ever get playing again. That looks kinda bleak considering all the supposed educated people in these negotiations still can't find a way to understand how 50/50 works. Coulda swore I learned that in grade school..

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Would anyone else be shocked to see Rielly rated as the best defensive prospect in the world after this season? He'd be in tough against Dougie Hamilton but is this too much of a stretch? Or Matt Finn jumping up the prospect rankings as well. Lets remember, Finn wasn't drafted to be an offensive guy so what he's currently doing is pretty amazing.
    Makes you wonder what might have happened if Luke Schenn played another year of junior

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    Makes you wonder what might have happened if Luke Schenn played another year of junior
    I don't think another 2 years of junior could cure those hands of stone.

vCash
    That was sick.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    I keep hearing comparisons to Drew Doughty and this goal makes it hard to argue...I'm off to see Josh Ho-Sang play tonight...kids going to be a stud

vCash
    I keep hearing comparisons to Drew Doughty and this goal makes it hard to argue...I'm off to see Josh Ho-Sang play tonight...kids going to be a stud
    Let me know how he looks, hes got talent but his attitude is awful from what I have heard.
    Head of the Bandwagon to make tunnicliffderek the Miami Dolphins Manager, Guaranteeing us another 72' season

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    i would trade our first,our 1st next yr and cam wake for aj green.Locker isnt a project hed start day one
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    i think cutler is worth 2 1st rounders and a 3rd thats just me though

vCash
    If you go back a few years I said it a million times, send Luke back to junior. I'm such a believer in the Devils/Wings approach. Let the kids take their sweet time. Unless they're a first or second overall pick, almost 100% of the time they should be sent somewhere to develop other than the NHL. There are various reasons why you do this but the main one is the fact that you can screw a kid up by bringing him up too soon, there's no evidence to show that leaving a kid in the minors too long can screw them up. You're rolling the dice bringing them up too soon. Guys drafted in the later rounds stay in the minors for years, this approach should be used with most first rounders IMO. I know some people think I'm crazy here but whatever, I'd rather not take chances with draftees. I doubt having an 18 year old Luke Schenn or Nazem Kadri would have made this team significantly better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSoxMaster View Post
    That was sick.
    Riellys gonna be a beauty. I've been arguing for a few days in the NHL forum where a Bruins fan thinks Dumba and Reinhart will be better...frankly, I don't see it. Rielly really should have been in the argument for second overall with Murray. Of course, I was, like most of us, obsessed with a forward or two...defense wasn't even a consideration.

Page 66 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast