Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 65 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    Matt Finn seems to be the real deal...I've watched him play live once this year and 3 times online...the kid has an offensive upside beyond what scouts predicted. The best part about Finn is that he wasn't a first round pick by the Leafs so he should be able to fly underneath the radar...funny fact about Finn...he has more points than 2011 first round pick Tyler Biggs 12 games into the OHL season
    I've never seen him play, but isn't his D suppose to be even better than his O?

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    I've never seen him play, but isn't his D suppose to be even better than his O?
    He was touted as a defence first defenceman...I'm kind of shocked with the offensive numbrs he is putting up considering the system that Guelph plays. The back end lookssolid for the future, niow Burke needs to address goatending and centers

vCash
    Here is a brief summary of the Leafs prospects playing in the CHL

http://blog.mapleleafs.com/the-week-...afs-prospects/

vCash
    Seems like the majority of our prospects play on some crappy teams, kind of unfortunate.

vCash
    I have tickets for the second game of this series...good to see a lot of Leaf prospects will be taking part in the 2 games.

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news....id=DL|TOR|home

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    We really, really need more goalie prospects in this system. Enough drafting dmen!
    This is something the Leafs seriously need to start doing. I would start by picking Spencer Martin in the 2nd round (I have a feeling his stock is going to rise and wouldn't be surprised if he gets picked 20-30). There is a lot of hype surrounding Zachary Fucale of the QMJHL and Eric Comrie of the WHL too. The Leafs need to draft a goalie into their system. Enough of this signing undrafted free agents. We all know how that's worked out.

vCash
    Let's assume the Leafs have a top 10 pick in 2013. Burke could really set the franchise up for future success by picking one of these forwards in the 1st round: Nathan MacKinnon, Sasha Barkov, Sean Monahan, Curtis Lazar, Andre Burakowsky, Hunter Shinkaruk, Elias Lindhold or Jonathan Drouin. (bolded ones would be my preference)

Then picking one of these goalies in the 2nd round: Spencer Martin, Zachary Fucale or Eric Comrie.

That would give the Leafs a center and goalie of the future to go along with Rielly and Finn from last year's draft. Finally a decent "core" to build around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    This is something the Leafs seriously need to start doing. I would start by picking Spencer Martin in the 2nd round (I have a feeling his stock is going to rise and wouldn't be surprised if he gets picked 20-30). There is a lot of hype surrounding Zachary Fucale of the QMJHL and Eric Comrie of the WHL too. The Leafs need to draft a goalie into their system. Enough of this signing undrafted free agents. We all know how that's worked out.
    I've always thought it was a good idea to draft a goalie in every single draft. There's nothing wrong with stocking the system. Even with 7th round goalies, I don't care. We know how unpredictable they are which is why they're drafted later usually.

vCash
    I've always thought it was a good idea to draft a goalie in every single draft. There's nothing wrong with stocking the system. Even with 7th round goalies, I don't care. We know how unpredictable they are which is why they're drafted later usually.
    I agree that a goalie should be drafted in every draft. I also think that a team should be drafting a goalie in one of the rounds 2-4 depending on the quality available. A lot of teams are using their 3rd and 4th round picks on goalies. I'm really high on Spencer Martin and would love to see the Leafs draft him in the 2nd round in 2013

vCash
    Bpa

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chonginc. View Post
    bpa
    bga

vCash
    bga
    BGA in those rounds (that's why I put a 3 round window)

vCash
    If we could get our hands on Furcale or Martin that would be unreal. Talk about our first high end goalie prospect since Tuuka Rask. I haven't seen alot of Martin but I know Furcale is a pretty intriguing young goaltender. He took the Mooseheads starting job as a rookie last year and was absolutely solid on their playoff run into the 3rd round.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSoxMaster View Post
    If we could get our hands on Furcale or Martin that would be unreal. Talk about our first high end goalie prospect since Tuuka Rask. I haven't seen alot of Martin but I know Furcale is a pretty intriguing young goaltender. He took the Mooseheads starting job as a rookie last year and was absolutely solid on their playoff run into the 3rd round.
    Don't be surprised to see Furcale and Martin as the goalies on the 2013 World Junior team.

vCash
    Would anyone else be shocked to see Rielly rated as the best defensive prospect in the world after this season? He'd be in tough against Dougie Hamilton but is this too much of a stretch? Or Matt Finn jumping up the prospect rankings as well. Lets remember, Finn wasn't drafted to be an offensive guy so what he's currently doing is pretty amazing.

Page 65 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast