Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 63 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    Don't be fooled by Spark's numbers this year...he is playing on a really good Guelph team that plays defence first
    That's why I am saying it would be nice to have more goaltenders coming through. Is there anymore in Junior besides Sparks? I can't see it if we haven't drafted one in 4 years.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragin' Cajun View Post
    That's why I am saying it would be nice to have more goaltenders coming through. Is there anymore in Junior besides Sparks? I can't see it if we haven't drafted one in 4 years.
    Burke doesn't draft goalies...he signs free agents or trades for them...remember he "builds from the net out"

vCash
    Zing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    Burke doesn't draft goalies...he signs free agents or trades for them...remember he "builds from the net out"
    Haha yes how could I forget.. The "Monster" who's a Red Wing now, Mark Owuya the "Swedish idol" and Jussi "None-of-us-know-you" Rynnas.

It's safe to say our future goaltending is pretty sketchy. But BB could make a big trade for one.. someday.. We'll see what happens

vCash
    Haha goaltending is always "sketchy". Why? because the guy who gets drafted in the first round has as much of a chance as the guy drafted in the 7th round. They're total wild cards and there's usually only 1 or 2 legit goalie prospects in every draft then the rest are a crapshoot.

vCash
    ^
    Why'd you lose the MVP? I kept the "Master". And that's brutal.

vCash
    ****!

vCash
    http://www.dirtydangle.com/2012/07/w...tery-look.html

It might be a sketchy source but they use the same "fair draft system" that they used in 2004-2005. If this is the way it goes we have a top-7 chance (out of 30) of landing that first pick.

Basically it's a 3-ball system. Every teams gets 3 right off the bat. Teams lose one ball if they have made the playoffs in the last 3 year, and if they have picked 1st overall in the same time period. So basically the leafs luck out here by not being good enough to make the playoffs and not sucking enough to pick first. Leafs are 1 of 7 teams with 3 balls and a 6% chance of getting the first pick. Good news is that the oilers aren't part of the top-7 so they likely wont get ANOTHER 1st overall selection(they still have a 2% chance). Bad news is that the Blue Jackets are in our group, and we know what happens when a franchise is struggling financially and needs a boost (Bettman will hand them the pick). CBJ are also hosting the All-Star game which was supposed to be this year but because of the lockout they might just shift it to next year, extra incentive for Betts.

After doing some digging the Pens missed the playoffs 3 straight years before the lockout and picks first overall once (MA Fleury) but the still ended up with three balls (rigged?) i tried looking up why they had 3 instead of 2 (the formula they used is one wiki and the same as above) but the only page i could find talked about them having the worst record over the span of the three years (didn't look up but i think we all know why they got it)

I looked at the 3 other teams that had 3 balls (Buf, CBJ, NYR) at the results were not very encouraging. No teams landed in the top 5. CBJ ended with the 6th pick (Brule = bust), NyR ended with the 12th pick (Marc Staal = nice), Buf ended with the 13th pick ( some guy that i never heard of and would rather type this long sentence rather then accurately type his name)

Of the teams that had one ball (least likely for the top pick [16 total]) only 4 of the 16 (MTL, VAN, Ott, SjS) had a top 10 pick, the majority had 20-30 overall picks (which includes us at #21 with *cough* Tuuka Rask )

Its not really clear if this is the only formula for the draft but its the only one the NHL themselves have released or stated thats how the draft worked. Also Bill Daly was clear in saying that they would revert to the same method as 2005 ONLY if the full season is lost (maybe some optimism by him? maybe). Oh i think i forgot to mention that the reason i looked into this is because Bill Daly himself spoke about the draft very briefly on a radio show.

Hope we get lucky

vCash
    So the marlies are playing on tv right now...goooo marlies

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSoxMaster View Post
    ^
    Why'd you lose the MVP? I kept the "Master". And that's brutal.
    I originally meant to have "halladay4mvp" but I was drunk when I signed up and missed the "4". Recently requested to lose the mvp part as I was pretty sure that halladay4mvp was already taken so I asked for the simplicity of Halladay. That's how people refer to me anyway.

vCash
    Rielly with 5 assists and played great d against Mark McNeil and his line. Apparently most of his passes all game were "filthy."

vCash
    Rielly now in second place in scoring among dmen in the WHL. Myles Bell is first, he's a year older and I've never heard of him but after doing some research, he was slated as a first round pick a few years ago but after a drunken car accident, which killed the girl who was in the car with him, no NHL team would touch him. I'm glad there's still some kind of sanity in the league, kid doesn't deserve anything better than a job at walmart for the rest of his life as far as I see it.

vCash
    Bell is the rocket correct??im usually drunk so i cant remember names at the games but he plays forward as well so he shouldnt count lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ktownguy31 View Post
    Bell is the rocket correct??im usually drunk so i cant remember names at the games but he plays forward as well so he shouldnt count lol
    Correct he is playing forward now....and chances are he is prbly drunk at the games too

vCash
    Ok so your going to hate on a kid who made a mistake??? Didnt mctavish do the samething but he was older....so did heatley...ppl make mistakes

Page 63 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast