Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 86 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bartlett2266 View Post
    nobody really worth talkin about besides schenn what a sad team we got in TO
    actually the Leafs have a strong system...there isnt a big time franchise player down there but there are 5 or 6 top line guys.

Jiri Tlusty is projected as a top line sniper, Nikolai Kulemin is projected as a top line scorer, Anton Stralman is projected as a top line pair, Justin Pogge is projected as a starting goaltender, and of course Luke Schenn is a top pair defenceman...

there are also a couple of very good looking 2nd liners with high potential. Mikhail Grabovski looks like a second liner for sure but with the lack of faceoff ability he will probably end up a winger, a guy im quite excited for if he gets his **** together Mikhail Stefanovich, he is described as a first round talent with a fourth round work ethic and if he ever gets his **** together he could be very good, and Jimmy Hayes who is also a supremely talented power forward type winger. Along with those guys you also have someone that no one has talked about in Dmitri Vorobiev if he ever comes over will be a very solid all around 2nd line defence pair guy along the lines of a Darryl Sydor or something, the problem is that he may never come over from Russia

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by McJoe View Post
    actually the Leafs have a strong system...there isnt a big time franchise player down there but there are 5 or 6 top line guys.

Jiri Tlusty is projected as a top line sniper, Nikolai Kulemin is projected as a top line scorer, Anton Stralman is projected as a top line pair, Justin Pogge is projected as a starting goaltender, and of course Luke Schenn is a top pair defenceman...

there are also a couple of very good looking 2nd liners with high potential. Mikhail Grabovski looks like a second liner for sure but with the lack of faceoff ability he will probably end up a winger, a guy im quite excited for if he gets his **** together Mikhail Stefanovich, he is described as a first round talent with a fourth round work ethic and if he ever gets his **** together he could be very good, and Jimmy Hayes who is also a supremely talented power forward type winger. Along with those guys you also have someone that no one has talked about in Dmitri Vorobiev if he ever comes over will be a very solid all around 2nd line defence pair guy along the lines of a Darryl Sydor or something, the problem is that he may never come over from Russia
    well said to many people are irrational haters of the leafs farm system, they cant look past the missing franchise forward, the just write them off as **** without looking at the secondary talent we have

vCash
    you guys forgot about robbie earl. He's got plenty of offensive skills to make an impact in the NHL, a la Grabovski. Does anyone know why he's still in the minors? He seems NHL-ready.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysfan4ever View Post
    you guys forgot about robbie earl. He's got plenty of offensive skills to make an impact in the NHL, a la Grabovski. Does anyone know why he's still in the minors? He seems NHL-ready.
    don't know, but don't know who I would take out of the lineup for him, maybe when/if we start dumping guys or the injury bug hits i imagine he will be one the first call ups

vCash
    Earl 2 assists and a even rating in 4 games with the marlies

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysfan4ever View Post
    Robbie Earl is more of a checker...I see him as like a Domi Moore type at best...hes a guy with a little bit of offensive upside but more of a checker...He could get some goals on some good passes and breakaways but he isnt gonna be a top line scorer or anything...third liner at best IMO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by McJoe View Post

Thats not true. We are constantly rated in the bottom 10 system wise. This is due to a lack of first rounders but still....

anyway I doubt tlust ever makes it to a first line player. He doesnt seem to have the talent or work ethic. Kulemin right now does look a potential first line winger on the positive potentials or he could be a hagman at his peak kinda player. Stralman has the potential to be the next kaberle but also could be the next ian white. Pogge is a bit of a question mark despite being my favourite leaf prospect besides schenn. He needs to get some nhl this year and get some really extended time in the ahl and break camp next year. Schenn right now looks good and will probabally be a great shut down guy but he could get hurt from his style and end up like coliacovo.

Those other guys besides grabovski are huge question marks and grabovski also has plenty of holes in his game. Not to put a damper on our future hopes but I really only see 3 realistic NHL great players (pogge, schenn, kulemin) and about 3 others who could make it to at least line 2 (grabovski, tlusty,stralman). Most other organizations are loaded with the second tier prospects like tlusty and have more than 3 of the first tier. Look we also have little to no good prospects who arent currently with the leafs.

vCash
    Right on about Jimmy Hayes, every time I see him on the ice he is doing everything you could hope for out of a power forward.

vCash
    Our current marlies goal leader is Jeremy Williams with 10 goals in 16 games 9 of the goals are on the powerplay which also leads the team.

Our point leader is Kris Newberry with 4 goals and 19 points in total.

Robbie Earl still has just 2 assists on the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrice9 View Post
    Thats not true. We are constantly rated in the bottom 10 system wise. This is due to a lack of first rounders but still....

anyway I doubt tlust ever makes it to a first line player. He doesnt seem to have the talent or work ethic. Kulemin right now does look a potential first line winger on the positive potentials or he could be a hagman at his peak kinda player. Stralman has the potential to be the next kaberle but also could be the next ian white. Pogge is a bit of a question mark despite being my favourite leaf prospect besides schenn. He needs to get some nhl this year and get some really extended time in the ahl and break camp next year. Schenn right now looks good and will probabally be a great shut down guy but he could get hurt from his style and end up like coliacovo.

Those other guys besides grabovski are huge question marks and grabovski also has plenty of holes in his game. Not to put a damper on our future hopes but I really only see 3 realistic NHL great players (pogge, schenn, kulemin) and about 3 others who could make it to at least line 2 (grabovski, tlusty,stralman). Most other organizations are loaded with the second tier prospects like tlusty and have more than 3 of the first tier. Look we also have little to no good prospects who arent currently with the leafs.
    Well said.

It looks like the Leafs system will get an opportunity to change over the next few years.

They may be able to grab some elite level talent.

Schenn last year and a top 6 pick potentially this year (Schroeder perhaps?).

Who knows, maybe next year they'll be even worse and get a chance to grab Taylor Hall.

Anyways, I have a lot more confidence in the direction of this franchise than I did 10 - 18 months ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrice9 View Post

I'm bring this back a long way sort of but I want to add something here...

hockeysfuture.com has 3 Leaf prospects ranked in their top 50 and the team is ranked 17th in the NHL and climbing. The Leafs are gonna get better.

vCash
    I made that post 2 months ago and regarding the hockey futures on the leafs 17th is decent and I hope we improve but thats still a below average system.

Regarding their list of our top 5

1. Schenn-Has looked great besides injury and has a very bright future ahead of him. Some nights he is our best dman. He is an A prospect with A potential and pretty much no longer a spec but a great young player.

2. Kulemin- They think he will become a good two way player on the third line and a guy who fits in on a second line if injuries occur. I have seen sparks out of this kid but I think their projection is right of a guy who will score 20-25 goals a year. He isnt too far off from that and I think he is a B prospect with B potential. He needs to develop more but alot of nights he disappeears.

3. Justin Pogge-They see him as an eventual starter for the leafs and I liked what I saw in the one game but his stats have gotten signifcantly worse on this years marlies team (Which is worse). This really is a make it or break it year for the kid imo and he needs to get another 10 games in the NHL to see what he has. I am starting to doubt this kid more and more. He's a B- prospect with B+ pot.

4.Dmitri Vorobiev- no nhl expierence hockey futures said before the season
    Vorobiev does everything well, and has made a solid mark in the Lada hockey program. Some scouts are concerned that he has no particular stand-out skills, although there are no stand-out weaknesses either. A solid skater who is already a solid 210 lbs, Vorobiev has the strength and balance to defend against NHL-size opposition already.
    sounds like a 5th dman at best and he is only rated a 7.0 on their scale. I doubt this kid does anything big

5. Mikhail Stefanovich- I think this kid may be the only potential top liner in the whole system but he could easily be a bust. Hockey Futures says: On paper, Stefanovich looks to have all the tools that teams look for: a blend of scoring ability and size. Stefanovich’s sharpshooting abilities and offensive instincts are top notch, but his effort is inconsistent at best. Though he is willing to drive to the net, Stefanovich is a player who mainly fights through contact but doesn’t initiate physical play. His skating needs work, especially his acceleration, but his hockey sense and his ability to read to play softens the blow of this weakness.

Other decent prospects are Hayes and Dale mitchell. Other guys who may be contributers and are young are Stralman and Grabovski. Neither look special so I really see only 1-3 kids who will be really above average NHLers in the league. We need to develop our team more imo

vCash
    Anyone know what happened to James Reimer, use to be a goalie for the Marlies, checked the site and he only played 1 game.

vCash

Toronto Marlies Stats

www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/csl.php?tid=3991

For anyone who's interested...

vCash
    Update on Dmitri Vorobiev

I have gotten a lot of emails and people getting in touch with me this morning regarding a report on a KHL website regarding Maple Leafs prospect defenseman Dmitri Vorobiev.

Upon digging further into the subject, it looks as though the report is legitimate, and Vorobiev is out indefinitely with a heart condition that was discovered after a cardiogram test. Vorobiev has relocated to Moscow to be evaluated further. At this point, speculating what the exact injury is and the severity of it would be unprofessional. All we can really do is wish Dmitri well in a speedy recovery, and give thanks that the people in the KHL are beginning to take the medical procedures more seriously.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-and-devereaux

Page 4 of 86 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast