Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 37 of 86 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    vCash
    ^Bozak was meant to be on 3rd line, don't know why I typed Boyce

Looks likes Brent is sitting though, and Boyce is centering the 4th line

vCash
    Leafs dont offer Ben Winnet a contract either.. Taken in the 4th round of the 2007 draft... Round included players such as Kampfer, Mayorov, Omark, Caputi, Aulie, Halischuk, Frattin, and Falk already having NHL experience and guys like Blood coming up soon

vCash
    The kid hasn't panned out so its time to move on...no real loss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    Leafs dont offer Ben Winnet a contract either.. Taken in the 4th round of the 2007 draft... Round included players such as Kampfer, Mayorov, Omark, Caputi, Aulie, Halischuk, Frattin, and Falk already having NHL experience and guys like Blood coming up soon
    The 4th round attrition rate is pretty high so Im not surprised that our guy failed (it happens alot for everyone) and 4 years after the draft isnt that surprising either. Yes guys make it from that draft but players fail and its not like you listed that many regular NHLers.

I could do the research but I suspect less than 20% of 4th rounders become NHL regulars

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrice9 View Post
    The 4th round attrition rate is pretty high so Im not surprised that our guy failed (it happens alot for everyone) and 4 years after the draft isnt that surprising either. Yes guys make it from that draft but players fail and its not like you listed that many regular NHLers.

I could do the research but I suspect less than 20% of 4th rounders become NHL regulars
    The numbers would probably be around 5%. But I listed 8 guys with NHL experience just a few years after being drafted. Pretty impresive for a 4th round of a pretty shallow draft

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    The numbers would probably be around 5%. But I listed 8 guys with NHL experience just a few years after being drafted. Pretty impresive for a 4th round of a pretty shallow draft
    I agree its impressive but I dont really hate our GM or scouting department for missing one 4th rounder.

Its a bit of a meh for me. If you want to discuss the Leafs overall drafting then we can talk about individual failures after the first round

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Toronto's major issue with the draft seems to be their 1st round picks. I think the last impact player the Leafs drafted in the 1st round was Wendel Clark

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    Toronto's major issue with the draft seems to be their 1st round picks. I think the last impact player the Leafs drafted in the 1st round was Wendel Clark
    Depends on your definition of impact player.

Boyes, Antropov, Steen, and Rask are better than average NHLer's.

Perrault, Johnsson, Richardson, Thornton, and Damphouse were really good players for the most part as well.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    I was talking about a game breaker...a player that can make a difference every game

vCash
    Sondre Olden told a newpaper in Sweden that he plans to be playing in the CHL next year. Good for his development, better than playing 10 minutes a night in the SEL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    Sondre Olden told a newpaper in Sweden that he plans to be playing in the CHL next year. Good for his development, better than playing 10 minutes a night in the SEL.
    Do you know who has his rights in the CHL?

vCash
    ^No one does.

vCash
    He'll be in the import draft I believe. I don't know the order on that so he could basically end up anywhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    I was talking about a game breaker...a player that can make a difference every game
    Damphouse was probably a game breaker. But otherwise I definitely agree with you. Kadri hopefully will become a game breaker.

Very good for his development. I'm not sure who is in the Import draft but if he goes first, it could be to the Barrie Colts which would be nice. 4th to the Petes would be nice to see him with the cast they have there. Sarnia has the 10th pick, THAT would be interesting lol.

Quote Originally Posted by GrantHustle View Post
    Do you know who has his rights in the CHL?
    He will be entering the import draft later this month. Last years import draft saw Martin Marincin (8.0C Oilers spec), Nail Yakupov (likely top 5 pick in next years draft), Martin Frk (also a top 5 next year), Tobias Rieder (likely 2nd round pick this year), and Sven Baertschi (likely top 20 pick this year). The 09 CHL import draft saw Stanislav Galiev, Nino Niederreiter, Gabriel Landeskog, and Tomas Jurco in the top 4 followed by Tomas Tatar, Kirill Kabanov, and Robin Lehner at picks 6, 7, and 9.

Here is the site I just found which has the schedule and order for the 2011 Import draft.
    http://www.leaguestat.com/chl/memcup...p?draft_id=107

The Import draft is on the 28th of June.

vCash
    He'll be in the import draft I believe. I don't know the order on that so he could basically end up anywhere.
    Barrie, Rouyn-Noranda, Calgary, Peterborough, Baie-Comeau, Swift Current, Sault Ste. Marie, Cape Breton, Regina, Sarnia, Halifax, Lethbridge
    http://www.leaguestat.com/chl/memcup...p?draft_id=107

Page 37 of 86 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast