Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 34 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Colborne expected back in Marlie lineup...

He suffered a five-stitch cut above his left eye, several other gashes to his face and what he first feared was a concussion. With six goals and four assists in his first 11 games with the Marlies, Colborne’s progress was cut short by the hit.

“When I came off the ice I was bleeding around my eye, but the trainers said I had cuts on my scalp and head too,” said Colborne, who has been out a week but is now expected back in the lineup for this weekend’s Marlies games.

“I had a headache, but after a half-hour, I was back to what I thought was 100 per cent.”

It was to the Marlies’ amazement that Selleck was even in a position to hit Colborne. Selleck, according to the Marlies, ran defenceman Matt Lashoff earlier in the game but did not receive a game misconduct.

The hit on Colborne was the second run Selleck took at a Marlies player in the same game. Toronto appealed the hits, and sent video and a doctor’s analysis of Colborne’s injuries to the AHL.

The result was a one-game suspension for the Lashoff hit, and an additional three games for the Colborne hit.

“I think that’s what we’re trying to get out of the game,” Colborne said. “You can still finish checks hard and still play clean. The GMs are talking about it, but I don’t think we need that type of thing in the game.”

Colborne had been finding some chemistry with Nazem Kadri up until the time of his injury (Kadri was recalled to the Leafs on Tuesday).

Colborne says he now is being kidded about his cuts from friends back in Boston. While with the Bruins in a rookie tournament, he took an accidental high stick in the face and was cut for multiple stitches along the nose and mouth.

“The doctor back then said, ‘At least you still have two nostrils,’” said Colborne, the Bruins’ first-round pick, 16th overall, in the 2008 draft.

“And before I came here, I had 10 stitches on the same place I have four now (above left eye). So my friends are saying I have a stitch per game for my pro career.”

link

vCash
    Good to hear, I also remember reading somewhere that the guy that hit him (Selleck) got 4 games.
    dont have a seizure cwick

vCash
    ^^ it's in the link i posted

vCash
    a piece on Frattin..
    Throwing a lawnmower, a kitchen table and dinnerware onto the street to stop traffic rarely sounds like a good idea — unless maybe you’re writing the script for an Animal House sequel.

But one night in July 2009, Matt Frattin realized just how stupid it was to participate in such hi-jinx.

The Maple Leaf prospect was arrested that night; on Aug. 4 of that year, he pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct.

Then things got worse. A few weeks later, he was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol — a charge he would later beat.

But the University of North Dakota had seen enough; it yanked his hockey scholarship and suspended him from the team. Frattin could have taken the easy route, and turned pro. Instead, he reached into his own pocket and paid for his education.

“I made friends here and I didn’t want to leave them,” said Frattin. “I didn’t want to leave North Dakota with the reputation I built up thanks to those incidents. I committed to them for four years and went back to finish my four years.”

It wasn’t easy. Frattin had to earn the respect of his teammates and coach in order to win back a spot on the team. He stopped partying. He got counseling, and a job.
    North Dakota coach Dave Hakstol cut Frattin in 2009, saying the way he was living his life away from the rink wasn’t what it needed to be.

But Hakstol was impressed that Frattin took the “hard and difficult” path of facing his past and sticking with North Dakota.

“He’s grown up and matured as a person,” said Hakstol. “He’s also developed his game. It’s not a race to get to the NHL; it’s about taking the right steps to give yourself a chance to be a good pro, both on and off the ice.”

Hakstol believes Frattin has what it takes to make it in the NHL.

“Matt’s ready to be a pro,” said Hakstol. “Off the ice, he’s comfortable with himself, knows what kind of player he is, what kind of person he is. He’s able to bring the consistency of a pro to the rink every day.

“He has a chance to be a good offensive player at that level. But there’s no question he has other abilities to carve out a role, whatever role he has to play in order to become a regular in NHL.

“He skates well, he’s one of our top two physical players. He can grind it out. He’s responsible defensively. He’s dangerous offensively.”
    read on...

vCash
    Apparently Gardiner was the best D on the ice last night for the Marlies. Skated well, played good defensively and set up some nice chances on the PP, but they lost 1-0.

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IYauGIXe1s

Frattin scored the League Championship winner in 2OT 35 goals
    Hockey- Toronto Maple Leafs
    Basketball- Toronto Raptors
    Baseball- Toronto Blue Jays
    Football - Philadelphia Eagles & San Diego Chargers

vCash
    How's Brunnstrom been?

vCash
    Frattin is a damn beast!!! Can't wait to see him as a Leaf, hopefully Burkie can get him signed.

vCash
    Frattin, Kadri, Colbourne, Lashoff, Gardiner

Could be an interesting training camp.

vCash
    I'd add Kenny Ryan to that list as well^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    How's Brunnstrom been?
    3 goals, 11 pts in 30 games. Aka, poor.

vCash
    I don't think Brunnstrom is part of any future plans. Unless he agrees to a 2way contract I can see them letting him go. He was brought in to be a body on the Marlies, and if he panned out then that would have been a bonus.

vCash
    Burke signs Tyler Brenner-

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=556754

Nice college free agent signing. Should give us more depth on the Marlies.

vCash
    ^ His numbers are outstanding for a defensemen in college hockey and he has great size.

26 goals in a season is unreal for a dman.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=107659

I'm excited.

EDIT: He is a forward, hockeydb has it wrong.
    Last edited by The_905; 03-21-2011 at 06:32 PM.

vCash
    The press release says he's a forward...

Page 34 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast