Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 86 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nstojic View Post
    I still can't believe that Sutter was willing to give up Aulie as well in the deal when it seemed clear that Phaneuf and Shoe probably would've been considered fair value for what we gave up. Aulie was a great pickup and for whatever reason wasn't given much focus when the deal happened. He's not going to be a superstar but the guy is big and can play a simple defensive game. You need guys back there who play like that. Aulie has looked much more impressive in his short stint then either Beauchemin or Komisarek have and they're earning a lot of cash between the two of them. It seems obvious that one of those contracts needs to be moved and use the cheap options like Gunnar or Aulie to fill their spot. Beauchemin for Ryder+Wheeler?

vCash
    You would think that ridding themselves of at least one big-ticket d-man has to be a priority for BB this season.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    That should be the number 1 priority for sure

vCash
    It took years to make an obvious move like sending Finger down so I wouldn't hold my breath unfortunately.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by swoop View Post
    You would think that ridding themselves of at least one big-ticket d-man has to be a priority for BB this season.
    I doubt he's going to move Kaberle. If he didn't like what he saw for Kaberle as a 1 year rental I don't think it will be much better for a playoff rental. It doesn't make much sense to move your one defenceman who can actually play on the powerplay and he is developing Schenn it seems. Unless he can move Beauchemin I don't think he will get rid of one. Komisarek would be awesome to get rid of because of his contract and Schenn has taken his spot but his contract is unmovable. I don't even think Burke would want to move Beauchemin but there definitely will be a return for him at the deadline with one more year on his contract so other GMs can justify giving up something of value for him. If he doesn't want to move Beauch I hope he at least rids himself of Lebda.

I eat pieces of waffle like you for breakfast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scotttube View Post
    I doubt he's going to move Kaberle. If he didn't like what he saw for Kaberle as a 1 year rental I don't think it will be much better for a playoff rental. It doesn't make much sense to move your one defenceman who can actually play on the powerplay and he is developing Schenn it seems. Unless he can move Beauchemin I don't think he will get rid of one. Komisarek would be awesome to get rid of because of his contract and Schenn has taken his spot but his contract is unmovable. I don't even think Burke would want to move Beauchemin but there definitely will be a return for him at the deadline with one more year on his contract so other GMs can justify giving up something of value for him. If he doesn't want to move Beauch I hope he at least rids himself of Lebda.
    Kaberle won't be moved for obvious reasons same with Schenn. There's two obvious choices though in Komi and Beauchemin. Beauchemin is probably easier to move because of his contract but Komi IMO is probably worth more to most teams. I'd like to see Komi moved, not because I don't like him but that contract is dead weight and eventually, if not already, will cause negative value. It's already at the point where we'd have to take on an equally bad contract for him. A deal to me that makes sense, and Oilers fans have said it makes sense for them too is Komi for Penner. Would Burke take Penner and his contract after all the crap that happened a few years back? Probably not but Penner is exactly what we need and Komi is exactly what they need. I you really wanted to make it interesting you could make it Komi+Finger for Penner+Souray...now that would a very interesting move IMO.

vCash
    Interesting deal : Edmonton moves out $9.65m in cap $$ but takes back $8m and two extra years on Komi's deal. But the real-$$ amount the Oilers give up is $8.75m since Souray's salary is $900k less than his cap hit. If Komi plays the way he has in Toronto, why would Edmonton trade Souray for him at similar money (and Komi's deal is longer) and give up Penner for Finger as well. Unless they see something in Finger that has eluded us here.

vCash
    If teams have been watching Komisarek closely there is no way he has more value than Beauchemin. If he were on a deal for $3 mil per year it would be different but at $4.5 for this year and the next two seasons a team would have to be crazy to take on that contract plus give up assets. Beauchemin is the number 1 defenceman on the team in time on ice at 24:35 whereas Komisarek is down in 5th, way behind the top 4, at 16:31 per game. Why would a team want a guy being used as a 5th defenceman on the Maple Leafs for $4.5 mil per through 2012-13?

I eat pieces of waffle like you for breakfast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by swoop View Post
    Interesting deal : Edmonton moves out $9.65m in cap $$ but takes back $8m and two extra years on Komi's deal. But the real-$$ amount the Oilers give up is $8.75m since Souray's salary is $900k less than his cap hit. If Komi plays the way he has in Toronto, why would Edmonton trade Souray for him at similar money (and Komi's deal is longer) and give up Penner for Finger as well. Unless they see something in Finger that has eluded us here.
    You do realize the situation between Edmonton and Souray right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scotttube View Post
    If teams have been watching Komisarek closely there is no way he has more value than Beauchemin. If he were on a deal for $3 mil per year it would be different but at $4.5 for this year and the next two seasons a team would have to be crazy to take on that contract plus give up assets. Beauchemin is the number 1 defenceman on the team in time on ice at 24:35 whereas Komisarek is down in 5th, way behind the top 4, at 16:31 per game. Why would a team want a guy being used as a 5th defenceman on the Maple Leafs for $4.5 mil per through 2012-13?
    Beauchemin has been playing that much because we have a coach who doesn't seem to understand how to distribute minutes. The guy plays Mitchell for **** sakes. In terms of contract yes, Beauch makes more sense but Komisarek has proven to be the better player over his career.

vCash
    ^^^ has this offer even been put on the table???

(YES @ at 1234 posts)

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    Caputi was called up again...he had an assist and a fight last night.

vCash
    He better actually get to play this time then.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    probably pissed about riding the pine in the show

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by halladaymvp View Post
    You do realize the situation between Edmonton and Souray right?
    Sure. Have you watched Komisarek or Finger play this year ? Why would Edmonton give Penner away ?

Page 15 of 86 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast