Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Man I didn't know the Bears could lose!! 41 saves for the Rampage goalie...one man wrecking machine right there.

vCash

Bears down Lowell 4-2

Kyle Wilson recorded a two-goal effort Saturday night to propel the BEARS to a 4-2 victory over the Lowell Devils.

HERSHEY struck early, as Graham Mink scored his 13th goal of the season just 11 seconds into the game. Chris Bourque and Keith Aucoin added the helpers. Wilson increased the lead to two with his 11th of the year at 15:50, with assists from Darren Reid and Bryan Helmer. The BEARS barraged Devils netminder Dave Caruso with 19 shots in the first period and carried a 2-0 lead to the dressing room.

Andrew Gordon opened scoring in the second period, potting his 10th of the season and the eventual game winner from Quintin Laing and Helmer at 1:34. Lowell answered, as Matthew Spiller fed Jon DiSalvatore out of the box at 12:20. HERSHEY held a 3-1 advantage after 40 minutes of play.

The visiting team would score again late in the third, as Barry Tallackson notched his first of the year past a sprawling Daren Machesney at 16:22. With Caruso to the bench, Wilson tallied his second goal of the night and 12th of the year, stripping the puck from Anssi Salmela behind the empty net at 19:18.

The BEARS out-shot the Devils 36-19, and Machesney earned his 10th win of the season in net, turning aside 17 shots.

vCash

Hershey wins in shootout

Andrew Gordon would be the BEARS’ savior Sunday night, picking up the winning point in the fifth round of the shootout to defeat the Lake Erie Monsters 3-2.

The Monsters found the back of the net early, with Jesse Boulerice picking up his fourth goal of the season at 3:50 of the first. Neither team would score through the remainder of the period, and the BEARS trailed Lake Erie 0-1 headed to the locker room after 20 minutes.

Quintin Laing would answer for HERSHEY with his sixth goal of the season 37 seconds into the second, as he tipped in a screamer from Greg Amadio on the point. Lake Erie fired back as Kyle Cumiskey caught the BEARS in a line change at 14:53, with Philippe Dupuis adding the helper. The BEARS again evened the score on the man advantage. Kyle Wilson potted his 13th of the year from Mathieu Perreault and Bryan Helmer at 18:31. The score was knotted at 2-2 after two.

Neither team found the score sheet through the next 25 minutes of play, sending the game to the shootout.

Gordon provided the game-winning goal for HERSHEY in the shootout, as Monsters netminder Jason Bacashihua initially made the stop before sliding back across the goal line with the puck underneath his pads.

The BEARS out-shot the Monsters 45-25 and went 1-for-3 on the power play. Simeon Varlamov made 23 saves to earn his 11th win of the season in net. HERSHEY recorded just two penalty minutes, their lowest total this season since they tallied six against Bridgeport on November 22.

vCash

Sens end hershey's home winning streak at 10

HERSHEY battled but struggled to find the back of the net Saturday night, as the BEARS fell to the Binghamton Senators 4-1. The loss marks the first home loss in the past 11 games.

The Senators would find the score sheet first, as Danny Bois notched a power play marker at 4:43 of the first. Keith Aucoin answered 53 seconds later for the BEARS, potting his 10th goal of the year from Chris Bourque and Patrick McNeill at 5:37. The visiting team regained the lead at 7:11 with Aaron Clarke’s first of the season. HERSHEY trailed by a goal after one, despite out-shooting Binghamton 18-10.

Neither team scored in the second period, though the BEARS had multiple chances. The home team fired 17 shots at Binghamton goaltender Brian Elliott in the second but failed to find the back of the net. HERSHEY killed off an extended 5-on-3 and carried a one goal deficit to the dressing room after 40 minutes of play.

Derek Smith recorded his second goal of the season for the Senators at 6:09 of the third period, assisted by Shawn Weller and Bois. A non-call in the neutral zone resulted in Binghamton’s fourth goal, an unassisted tally from Drew Fata at 14:32. HERSHEY Head Coach Bob Woods was ejected from the game after throwing water bottles from the bench.

The BEARS out-shot the Senators 44-24. Michal Neuvirth suffered the loss in net, making 20 saves on 24 shots in his first appearance in a HERSHEY sweater this season.

http://www.hersheypa.com/events/hers...il.php?id=2660

vCash
    Hey I'm back at school in down in Norfolk now, and that means Bears hockey once again!! Hershey plays down here tonight so I'll let everybody know how some of the guys look. Hopefully Varlamov is in net.

vCash
    Back from the Hershey game: Bears won 3-2.

It was a pretty good game, although the Bears looked a little sluggish at times. Giroux, Wilson, and Joudrey scored the goals. Varlamov was solid in net too. Stopped 35 of 37 in the win.

vCash

Giroux breaks Hull's record

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … Hershey Bears forward Alexandre Giroux has set an American Hockey League record for the longest goal-scoring streak in the league’s 73-year history, scoring a goal in his 15th consecutive AHL game in Hershey’s 3-2 shootout win over the Worcester Sharks at the Giant Center in Hershey, Pa., on Sunday evening.

Giroux beat Sharks goaltender Thomas Greiss on a power play with 6:27 remaining in regulation to tie the score at 2-2.

Giroux has scored at least one goal in each of his last 15 AHL games, totaling 22 goals in that span. The streak began on Nov. 26, 2008, and is considered to be intact despite being interrupted by five separate recalls by the parent Washington Capitals.

Giroux broke the record held by Moncton Golden Flames forward Brett Hull during the 1986-87 season. Hull scored in 14 straight games en route to a 50-goal season for which he won the Dudley “Red” Garrett Award as the AHL’s outstanding rookie. Hull went on to score 741 goals over a 17-year career in the National Hockey League.

After Sunday’s action, Giroux leads the AHL with 34 goals and ranks second with 51 points in 35 games for Hershey on the season, while adding one goal and one assist in 11 NHL games with Washington. The 27-year-old Quebec City native has already secured his fifth consecutive 30-goal season in the AHL and now has 232 goals and 191 assists for 423 points in 533 career AHL games.

In operation since 1936, the AHL continues to serve as the top development league for all 30 National Hockey League teams. More than 82 percent of today’s NHL players are American Hockey League graduates, and more than 6 million fans have attended AHL games across North America in each of the past seven seasons.

TheAHL.com

Congrats to Giroux on his accomplishment!!!

vCash
    The Bears had a solid showing at the AHL All-Star Classic last night.

For the Canadien All-Stars, Alexander Giroux had a goal while Bryan Helmer had a goal and an assist. For the PlanetUSA All-Stars, Chris Bourque had a goal and assist while Keith Aucoin was held pointless.

Ridiculous numbers by some of the players in this game. PlanetUSA won the game 14-11. Phantoms forward Jared Ross had a goal and six assists and Ryan Potulny of Springfield had two goals and four assists.

For the Canadien All-Stars Manchester's Teddy Purcell had five assists and Houston's Corey Locke had four goals and an assist.

vCash
    Ovie just got hurt...

vCash

Could Hershey be shared with Philly?

Here is some interesting news. And I would find this quite disturbing. TK514, what do you think about this possibility? I for one would go ballistic.

What seems to be clear is wherever the Phantoms land, they no longer will be married to the Flyers.

Philadelphia’s little hockey brother, born in the mid-1990s under the Comcast-Spectacor banner and which grew into a two-time Calder Cup champion of the American Hockey League, could be sold by the end of the week, according to two sources with knowledge of the negotiations...

There also have been discussions with other AHL teams about possible affiliation agreements with the Flyers, Holmgren added.

One move that might make logistical sense would be for the Flyers to propose a shared affiliation of their longtime AHL subsidiary, the Hershey Bears. They are an affiliate of the Washington Capitals.

Holmgren said sharing affiliations, “is not an ideal scenario, because your prospects get mixed with the other team’s.
    Link

vCash
    I have been giggling like a school girl for the better part of the last hour. Nothing makes a Caps fan happier than to see the Phantoms fail. While I would hate to see the Phantoms disappear and see one of the best AHL rivalries come to an end, the thought of the Flyers once again having their minor leaguers Hershey pulls me in two directions.

I have waited my entire life for the Caps to be affiliated with Hershey. A dream come true I used to say to my dad. Having my favorite two teams as one just 30 minutes from my house. I used to hate routing for the Flyers prospects in Hershey. It went against everything I believed in as a Caps fan. On the other hand, holy *****. Take this years Bears and sprinkle in the Phantoms best. I don't see how that team could lose. I'm not sure that you could do that. Every night the Caps would be forced to having some of their players sit because now they have to get the Flyers players into the lineup. I don't think that this will be a possibility. The Flyers had a real good thing in Hershey, hour and a half drive from Hersheypark Arena to the old Spectrum. Then Phily pulled out and wanted their prospects across the parking lot. I just don't see the Caps giving up their roster spots to help out the Flyers.

vCash
    Yes combining the two teams' prospects as one would no doubt make a good team. I'd hate this happening b/c as you mentioned, routing for Flyers' prospects would hurt me inside probably as much as it hurt you in the past. Plus, I don't want these guys becoming friends as they play together. The Capitals-Flyers rivalry would suffer.

vCash
    Check out the Flyers message board. I started a thread over there asking if anyone had any information on this "rumor" and got them all fired up over there.

14. 02-08-2009, 04:56 PM
    Reason
    Post padding

vCash
    Please keep an eye on Future stars

vCash

Bears beat Bruins 6-4

I just realized we haven't kept up with Hershey recently. Here's the game story for their last game. The win improved them to 39-17-1-5.

AHL All-Stars Alexandre Giroux and Chris Bourque each tallied two goals and an assist as Hershey took a 6-4 win over Providence on Sunday at the Giant Center in a match-up of the Eastern Conference’s two division leaders.

The Bears’ league-leading offense has now totaled 20 goals over a four-game points streak (2-0-1-1).

Graham Mink posted a goal and an assist in the win, giving him nine points (5-4-9) in his last four contests, and defenseman Karl Alzner tallied his first AHL goal since Nov. 9.

Rookies Mathieu Perrault (0-3-3) and Steve Pinizzotto (0-2-2) and AHL leading scorer Keith Aucoin (0-2-2) each chipped in multiple assists on the afternoon.

Hershey’s penalty-killing unit denied eight of Providence’s 10 power play chances, and goaltender Daren Machesney made 24 saves to earn his 17th win of the season (17-9-1).

Mikko Lehtonen, Zach Hamill, Johnny Boychuk, and captain Jeremy Reich all scored for the Bruins, who remained two points up on Hartford in the Atlantic Division. Providence continues its eight-game road swing on Wednesday in Toronto.
    AHL

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast