Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I have all the confidence in the Bears on the road. Like I said at the beginning of the year, This is the best team I have ever seen in Hershey. And this is the 4th team that I have seen play in the Calder Cup Finals. And the final score was 3-2. I lost my audio feed after Manitoba scored the empty netter to go ahead 3-1. John Carlson scored with :31 left in the game to make it 3-2.

vCash
    Hershey up 1-0 early in Manitoba.

vCash
    Bourque with a wicked slapper!!! 2-0.

May have been tipped on the way thru, possibly by Gordon? Oh well who cares.

vCash
    Giroux added a goal to make it 3-0. Great 1st period for Hershey.

vCash
    1 minute 30 seconds left!!! Come on Bears!!!!

vCash
    empty netter!!

vCash
    HERSHEY BEARS!!!!!

Gotta love the baby Caps!

vCash

Bears promote French

From Caps Insider:

Hershey has promoted assistant Mark French to head coach, the team announced this morning. French replaces Bob Woods, who was promoted to Washington after he guided the Bears to the Calder Cup this spring.

Troy Mann, meanwhile, has been named French's assistant.

vCash
    Did you guys also see Mink signed a pro deal with the Florida Panthers... (sorry no official link - chalk it up to laziness today).

vCash
    ^ Saw it, kind of stinks to see him go. But Boyd Kane is now back with the club, so I'm sure Hershey will enjoy having him back.

vCash

Arsene bids farewell to Hershey

Dean Arsene's heart-and-soul playing style and civic contributions earned him the unofficial title of Mayor of Hershey.

Now the highly popular defenseman is moving to a new town.

Free agent Arsene signed a one-year, two-way contract with the Edmonton Oilers/Springfield Falcons, ending a six-year tenure with the Hershey Bears.

Arsene, who turns 29 on July 20, played on an AHL one-way contract last season. He rebounded from 2007-08 injury woes to play 46 regular-season games, and he played in all 22 playoff games during Hershey's Calder Cup run.

Arsene wanted a contract with an NHL component. The Washington Capitals didn't offer that, and Edmonton did.

"He was a warrior in every sense of the word," Bears head coach Mark French said Tuesday. "He carried that into the community and was a consummate professional. You hate to see a guy like that leave. He was a great person in the room. We'll miss him, but we understand the circumstances both ways."
    http://blog.pennlive.com/patriotnews...well_to_h.html

vCash
    The Mayor will be missed. He was the last remaining player from the days of the Colorado Av's marriage with the Bears. I wish him nothing but the best, and I hope he can crack the Oilers roster.

vCash

Giroux re-signs

Alexandre Giroux, the Hershey winger who tallied 60 goals in the AHL regular season and 15 more in the Bears' run to the Calder Cup, has re-signed with the organization, the Bears announced moments ago.

Giroux, 28, was an unrestricted free agent and signed a one-year, two-way deal, meaning he can be recalled by the Capitals. His NHL salary will be $500,000.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/cap....html#comments

vCash

Bears win season opener

GORDON STEALS SHOW AS BEARS TAKE OPENER 3-1
    10/03/2009 - HATS OFF TO ANDREW GORDON IN HOME OPENER
    Three Goal Night Gives Hershey the Win

By Jess Mikula

Before a crowd 10,075 strong, the BEARS opened the 2009-2010 season with a decisive 3-1 victory over the Norfolk Admirals Saturday night. Three different BEARS registered a multi-point effort in the win.

The BEARS' top line struck twice in the first period, with Andrew Gordon netting a pair of power play markers. Gordon lifted a pass from Keith Aucoin and Alexandre Giroux past Admirals netminder Dustin Tokarski to put HERSHEY on the board at 3:12. He then hammered home a rebound at 15:12 to give the home team a two-goal lead. Aucoin and Giroux again added the assists. After 20 minutes of play, the BEARS led the Admirals by a 2-0 margin.

Neither team would find the back of the net in the second stanza. The Chocolate and White maintained an 18-14 shot advantage and a two-goal lead through two periods.

Norfolk found the score sheet early in the third period, as Blair Jones potted a goal for the visiting Admirals at 2:52. Andrew Gordon answered with a backhand to finish his hat trick at 9:30. John Carlson and Giroux tallied the assists.

The BEARS went 3-for-6 on the man advantage and killed all four Norfolk power plays Saturday night. Braden Holtby earned his first AHL win in net, turning aside 23 of 24 shots.

Bears Radio Network Three Stars of the Game:
    1. Andrew Gordon (three goals)
    2. Alexandre Giroux (three assists)
    3. Keith Aucoin (two assists)

vCash
    Question:

Where is Dmitri Orlov? I thought he was going to play in the AHL this season.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast