Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Bears match their franchise record with their 10th straight win, dowing the Hartford Wolfpac 4-2 tonight. Hershey improves to 19-5-0-1, tops in the AHL.

It is the first time since 1999 that the Bears have beaten the Wolfpac in Hershey. This is really a compliment to how well the Capitals have drafted, having all these call ups and for the Bears to still be playing this strongly. Simeon Varlamov made 26 saves tonight, improving to 10-2-0-0 on the season. Heading into tonights game, Varlamov had a GAA of 2.29 and a SV% of .908. This kid is on the fast track to the NHL.

vCash
    Its amazing that they can keep it off with their roster keep getting jacked by the caps

vCash
    That is exactly what the PXP guy was saying last night. The Bears really have no one left on the blue line that started the year there. Alzner, Sloan, Helmer, Lepisto & Collins all in Washington. THere are still the likes of Godfrey, Pokulok and Arsene. But Hershey has had to rely on players like Johann Kroll, Greg Amadio and Patrick Wellar on the blue line. Tip of the ole cap to both the Caps and Bears .

vCash
    for sure and when we get healthy oh man are both those teams dangerous

vCash
    Hershey is so good, this depth we have in the organization is amazing. Looks like they may lose another guy now with Fehr being hurt...

vCash

Viktor Dovgan recalled to Hershey

Now with Giroux up, a roster spot opened in Hershey and Viktor Dovgan got the call from SC.

Linkage

vCash

TSN: Capitals Prospect Insider

Shane Malloy does a pretty nice write up here on the young guys. Definitely a good read.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=258847

vCash
    Hershey has done it!! 11th straight victory, Graham Mink scored an empty netter with 2.6 left as they Bears dropped the Norfolk Admirals 3-0. Machesney made 30 saves in the shutout victory. Unreal. I have no words for what this team is doing right now. I've said it before, and I will say it with more and more confidence. This is the best team I have ever seen in Hershey. To do this with the player shuffling that has taken place, WOW. Machesney's 3rd shutout during this 11 game streak.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKid514 View Post
    Hershey has done it!! 11th straight victory, Graham Mink scored an empty netter with 2.6 left as they Bears dropped the Norfolk Admirals 3-0. Machesney made 30 saves in the shutout victory. Unreal. I have no words for what this team is doing right now. I've said it before, and I will say it with more and more confidence. This is the best team I have ever seen in Hershey. To do this with the player shuffling that has taken place, WOW. Machesney's 3rd shutout during this 11 game streak.
    Man this is truly outstanding what Hershey is doing. Bob Woods and his staff deserve a ton of credit for keeping these guys going.

I cannot wait to see this team play from here on out whenever they are visiting Norfolk (go to school down there). Will be wearing the Hershey jersey proud those nights!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YanksNats1987 View Post
    Man this is truly outstanding what Hershey is doing. Bob Woods and his staff deserve a ton of credit for keeping these guys going.

I cannot wait to see this team play from here on out whenever they are visiting Norfolk (go to school down there). Will be wearing the Hershey jersey proud those nights!
    you have a hershey jersey lol?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrice9 View Post
    you have a hershey jersey lol?
    Gotta rep the baby Caps! Plus that way ppl know that I would be the guy to "boo" since I'm always there rooting for the visitor.

vCash
    True lol but do you own one lol

vCash
    Not as of today. I'll get one the next time I head out to Kettler (which will prob be tomorrow). Been putting it off for months now. And last time I was supposed to go Caps canceled practice.

vCash
    At practice it must be intersting to see the drills by nhlers

vCash

Win streak snapped at 11

HERSHEY’S first-ever regular season game in Texas ended the franchise’s longest winning streak at 11 games Thursday night, as the BEARS fell to the San Antonio Rampage 3-0 at AT&T Center.

Neither team would score in the first period, although both teams came rather close. San Antonio had a goal waved off midway through the period when Rampage forward Steven Goertzen knocked a puck into the back of the next with his glove. Darren Reid nearly came up with a goal in the closing seconds of the first when San Antonio goaltender Josh Tordjman strayed from the goal crease and Reid had the puck in the front of the net. Defenseman Dylan Reese slid in and blocked the shot with his body to keep the game scoreless after 20 minutes.

In the second period, the game remained scoreless, but HERSHEY enjoyed a decided shot advantage at 19-6. The BEARS could not score however, and the third period proved to be the Chocolate and White. Chad Kolarik scored what proved to be the game-winning goal just 1:36 into the third, his ninth goal of the year. Brett MacLean then picked up his ninth of the season just 22 seconds later to effectively put the game on ice. Derek Nesbitt tipped a Joel Perreault shot at 9:22 past BEARS goaltender Simeon Varlamov to round out the scoring. HERSHEY’S franchise record 11-game winning streak came to an end, while the Rampage won for the fifth consecutive game.

http://www.hersheypa.com/events/hers...il.php?id=2644

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast