Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Or they play man coverage on JT they will win

vCash
    I read today someone believes niņo was only brought up because his 3m cap hit helped us reach the floor. Can anyone confirm if we needed his cap hit?

If this is true I'd be effing pissed because it makes me believe they kept him up for the wrong reason..
    Last edited by DannyFormo; 03-01-2012 at 07:10 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyFormo View Post
    I read today someone believes niņo was only brought up because his 3m cap hit helped us reach the floor. Can anyone confirm if we needed his cap hit?

If this is true I'd be effing pissed because it makes me believe they kept him up for the wrong reason..
    he was too advanced to stay in portland, and he can't play in bridgeport.... where did you want him to go?

vCash
    If he's too advanced I don't get why he's scratched. He needs a shot on 2 line. But I'm not Cappy or Garth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyFormo View Post
    If he's too advanced I don't get why he's scratched. He needs a shot on 2 line. But I'm not Cappy or Garth
    too advanced for portland, not the nhl. he would have been better off playing full season on the top line at bridgeport.

vCash
    Yes I'm aware but would you rather have him 8 mins per game here/ beig scratched or have him playin 23 mins in Portland? I get it Hes physically big enough, but you can't say he can't develop any more skill in the W. power fowards take a while to develop like defense

Kinda hard choice to make

vCash
    Id rather him be in Portland, no question. You cant outgrow portland if youre eligible...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    Id rather him be in Portland, no question. You cant outgrow portland if youre eligible...
    Exactly, which is why I'm kinda pissed they brought him up to reach the cap floor..

vCash
    Niederreiter scratched second straight game

When the Islanders drafted Nino Niederreiter fifth overall in the 2010 draft, they had high hopes for the talented Swiss winger.

Following his first training camp, Niederreiter stuck on with the team for nine games before the Islanders sent him back to his junior club, the Portland WinterHawks of the Western Hockey League, for more seasoning.

Niederreiter dominated in his final season with Portland, recording 41 goals and 29 assists in 55 games for the Winterhawks, and appeared poised to make the leap to the NHL.

So what happened?

A pre-season groin injury derailed the start of Niederreiter's 2011-12 campaign and the former first round pick has struggled to find his place on the roster ever since.

Limited to only one goal and an average 9:23 in ice time in 39 games for the Islanders this season, Niederreiter finds himself a healthy scratch for the second straight game with the Islanders facing the Flyers in Philadelphia on Thursday.

It's been a puzzling situation for Niederreiter, who spoke out in frustration Thursday.

"Of course I'm happy and proud to be an Islanders all year. But I'm p----- off I can't play," Niederreiter told Newsday's Arthur Staple Thursday.

The situation begs the question: is this a case of a player who has underachieved while facing lofty expectations? Or is this another example of poor development by an Islanders club that has seen it's "rebuild" stall yet again?

Three points out of last place in the Eastern Conference, the Islanders are bound to miss the playoffs for the fifth straight season. And who knows whether a top draft pick can be a consolation to a downtrodden fan base any longer?

For every John Tavares and Travis Hamonic that has developed into a bona fide NHL star-in-the-making, the Islanders have seen many of their top picks -- Josh Bailey, Calvin de Haan, Niederreiter -- struggle with the transition.

The Islanders had the chance to send Niederreiter back to his junior team this season, just as it had a similar opportunity to send Bailey back during his rookie campaign. By not doing so, they might have hampered both players' development.

What does that mean for the team's future?
    espn new york

katie strang is still a **** writter, but she has a good point about whether the islanders are to blame for some of these players.

vCash
    Cant blame the isles for de haans development. But can definitely blame them for taking him perio,d especially trading up for the #4 defenseman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tsunami View Post
    espn new york

katie strang is still a **** writter, but she has a good point about whether the islanders are to blame for some of these players.
    Pot meet kettle? haha

But seriously, the only guy who I think was handled poorly was Bailey. We still can't really say about Nino because he's only a rookie and it's only 2 years after he was drafted. They obviously don't think he's good enough for more minutes at this level, but he clearly outgrew the WHL
    SPACE

vCash
    Haha (dick)
    But she gets paid for her garbage. You all get me for free.... You're welcome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tsunami View Post
    Haha (dick)
    But she gets paid for her garbage. You all get me for free.... You're welcome.
    Not tsunami. You used capital letters other than "PP" or "PK"

You can't fool me
    SPACE

vCash
    I think bailey is better than you take him for, and I've been saying this all season

4 goals 3 games? Strong play defensively. And 2nd line has been most dangerous

vCash
    Ryan Strome: 5 goals and an assist today....

Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast