Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Welcome! If you stick around Im sure youll learne verythign you need to know abotu hockey in nto too much time. Were all pretty active in the isles forum, and theres always stuff to talk about. Glad youre remaining true to the orange and blue!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    welcome NYMetropolitans!
    glad you're here and hope you post often. this might be the perfect time to start watching this young team rise.

vCash
    Thanks for welcome guys! Looking forward to next season.

vCash
    Welcome sir hope you stay active

vCash
    great time to start following the islanders.. compare us to the nationals, clippers or lions.. lots of young talent and were about to break out!!

vCash
    1. Location- Aurora, Colorado - orginally from Queens, NY

2. Favorite Current Islander- Michael Grabner

3. Favorite Former Islander- Darius Kasparaitis (sad when he went to the pengs :cry:

4. What other teams in the NHL do you root for? The Avalanche I guess... Don't watch them that much, only really pay attention to the Isles.

5. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for? New York Mets, Jets, and Knicks.

6. Anything else you care to share? Nope.

vCash
    ^Welcome (officially) lol. ┴ouve been around here but we look forward to havign you in the discussion during the offseason and season.

vCash
    My story:

Always a huge Mets, Knicks, Jets fan. Also a St. John's Red Storm fan.

Summer of '94 me and two of my best friends from HS had been working at the same place. After work we'd either go to one of our houses and drink beer or go to the school yard and drink beer LOL. All three of us where big Knick fans and their playoff run was great. But they were also big hockey fans, one a Rangers fan and the other a Devils fan while I couldn't care less about the sport.

I enjoyed watching the two of them fight/argue all through the ECF that year and the games really where great. Obviously NY beat NJ and went on to win cup. After both the NBA and NHL seasons where over I admitted to the both of them that I enjoyed the game more than I thought I would and would be interested in watching more Big question was which team would I root for....

I've always been someone who despised the bandwagon jumper. At the time many of my Mets fan friends switched over to the Yankees and far too many people where on Jordan's d***. So there was NO CHANCE I was gonna all of a sudden become a Rangers fan. I would be a huge hypocrite if I did. Otherwise I most likely was gonna be a Rangers fan one way or another if I ended up enjoying the NHL.

Devils? Not happening. No offense to NJ but I'm a New Yorker born and raised and besides it would sort of be a bandwagon move since they where a top team. All of a sudden I thought of the Islanders. I thought: Hold it, I lived on LI with my girl for a little while and hell my grandparents lived on the Island. I'm not a Long Islander but I could see this. Yeah, I can root for them. OK, I'm an Islanders fan!

First few years I followed them the big narrative was 4 young defenseman with big time potential (forget the names) and a stud goal scorer in ziggy Palfy.

The next few years I think I followed the ownership and coliseum situation more than anything and I'll never forget the unbelievable story of John Spano, the guy who practically tried to buy the team with monopoly money, ugh...

Probably the only time I really got into the team (prior to this season) was the year they brought in Yashin and Peca although I remember being PO'd that they traded Luongo (who sounded like he had a higher upside than Depietro and certainly had a higher floor). The 1st round series against Toronto was EPIC. Everyone around me knew I was a huge sports fan but they never saw me yelling and banging on my table over a hockey game. That was a first.

By the time Peca returned from the injury and Yashin was having a fall out with everyone and they gave Dipietro like a 90 year extension I started to watch less and less hoping the entire situation would eventually improve either with or without Wang and with them getting out of that HORRID situation with SMG (what was the name of the company that held the colisium rights, SMG right? )

Last year's playoff series was incredible and can't wait for the begining of the '13-'14 season. Oh, and Brooklyn sounds enormous for the franchise!! As someone who used to travel from Bayshore to Brooklyn many years ago I know it isn't that bad of a trek. And if you're closer to the city than say, that Bayshore/Amityville/Babylon area it's not a long trek at all.

Sorry for the long post.

LGI!!
    Last edited by Daaaarryyl; 08-02-2013 at 09:43 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daaaarryyl View Post
    First few years I followed them the big narrative was 4 young defenseman with big time potential (forget the names) and a stud goal scorer in ziggy palfy

Last year's playoff series was incredible and can't wait for the begining of the '13-'14 season.
    McCabe, Redden, Chara, Brewer.

October can't get here fast enough.

vCash
    Welcome Daryl and we are all chill guys here who love the Islanders. I enjoyed the little read, and yeah things have been rough over the years but we finally got a team again centered around Tavares.

vCash
    Awesome to have you aboard Daryl. LETS GO ISLES

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123