Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 89
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,374
    vCash
    1500

    Welcome to the Panthers Forum

    Guests Sign up HERE


    Welcome, to the new NHL Forums on PSD, please introduce yourself to the rest of us and enjoy your stay on PSD.

    1. Location-

    2. Favorite Current Panther-

    3. Favorite Former Panther-

    4. What other teams in the NHL do you root for?

    5. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for?

    6. Anything else you care to share?


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Miami Gardens, FL
    Posts
    1,974
    vCash
    1500

    Talking New Hockey Fan Has Some Questions

    Ok let me first start off saying im a 25 year old Black guy who likes to watch hockey and i dont know a lot of the players and alot of the rules but i want to understand and like the game alot more than i do so......
    For someone who wants to know more about the game

    1. Can you tell me in Basketball or Football terms, what team is equivalent to the Panthers

    2.who are the important and up and coming players that i should look for and do the Panthers have any of those players if so who are they

    3.And those important players that you name compare them to Basketball or Football players.......what i mean is current players like Kobe or Wade not Jordan or Magic

    4. What is the current state of the Panthers do we suck real bad or what is our G.M. horrible "ive herd some bad things"

    5.Do we have any chance of getting any big name players or what

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,332
    vCash
    1500
    1) dont know much about nfl but for nba id say something like atlanta..good young players but not really going anywhere with the managment

    2)some prospects they have that will porbably be good would be shawn matthias, michael frolik, and keaton ellerby..brady calla and michael repik have good potential as well.the one that u will see next year will be matthias

    3)the panthers have some good core guys but no real all stars..the big guys are goalie thomas vokoun, dmen jay bouwmeester, and forwars nathan horton, stephen weiss, and rotislaz olsez..dont really know who to compare them to but they are are all good solid olayers with vokoun and bouwmeester being the best of them

    4)what i noticed since the look out is the team satrts of weak then starts going during the stretch run but doesnt have enough to get it there and finsih in 10-12 in the east. i belive they have a new coach but with jaques martin being the GM i dont expect them to be major contenders soon

    5)with captain ollie jokinen being traded i see the panthers rebuiling (like they have been for years) so i dont see them signing any big names but ive heard wade redden in a couple rumors

    hoped this helped and welcome to hockey



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Miami Gardens, FL
    Posts
    1,974
    vCash
    1500
    O ok Atlanta i see.... it dose help a lot and cant wait for the season to start.... Thanks

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,916
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Miami_Megatron View Post
    Ok let me first start off saying im a 25 year old Black guy who likes to watch hockey and i dont know a lot of the players and alot of the rules but i want to understand and like the game alot more than i do so......
    For someone who wants to know more about the game

    1. Can you tell me in Basketball or Football terms, what team is equivalent to the Panthers

    2.who are the important and up and coming players that i should look for and do the Panthers have any of those players if so who are they

    3.And those important players that you name compare them to Basketball or Football players.......what i mean is current players like Kobe or Wade not Jordan or Magic

    4. What is the current state of the Panthers do we suck real bad or what is our G.M. horrible "ive herd some bad things"

    5.Do we have any chance of getting any big name players or what
    ok stop there.

    You should go see the love guru,

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Miami Gardens, FL
    Posts
    1,974
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan9124 View Post
    ok stop there.

    You should go see the love guru,
    LOL!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,916
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Miami_Megatron View Post
    LOL!!
    Seriously that movie kicks ***

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,888
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Miami_Megatron View Post
    ...
    1. Can you tell me in Basketball or Football terms, what team is equivalent to the Panthers

    2.who are the important and up and coming players that i should look for and do the Panthers have any of those players if so who are they...

    ...5.Do we have any chance of getting any big name players or what
    The Panthers are like the Arizona Cardinals - I can't remember the last time either made the playoffs.

    Most teams teams have important up-and-coming guys in their system - I'd say the top 3 guys on the Panthers to look at are Jay Bouwmeester, Nathan Horton, and Tomas Vokoun. A guy called Steven Stamkos was drafted #1 this year by Tampa and he will be an exciting player - think Peyton Manning potential. But the real guy to look for is John Tavares - I think his draft year is next year, maybe the year after after, and he is already a lock to go #1.

    Yeah the Panthers have a chance to make a splash in free agency, they have cap space, I just don't know if they will make the effort.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    25 47'16"N 80 13'27"W
    Posts
    10,510
    vCash
    1500
    Go Cats!
    Props to pheagles 10 and phins1983


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,704
    vCash
    1500
    1. Location-
    ***Miami
    2. Favorite Current Panther-
    ***Is the Beezer still here ?? Horton
    3. Favorite Former Panther-
    ***Beezer
    4. What other teams in the NHL do you root for?
    ***None really
    5. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for?
    Everything else, everyone in south florida except UM football
    6. Anything else you care to share?
    .....I think O.J. is innocent????

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    25 47'16"N 80 13'27"W
    Posts
    10,510
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay16 View Post
    1. Location-
    ***Miami
    2. Favorite Current Panther-
    ***Is the Beezer still here ?? Horton
    3. Favorite Former Panther-
    ***Beezer
    4. What other teams in the NHL do you root for?
    ***None really
    5. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for?
    Everything else, everyone in south florida except UM football
    6. Anything else you care to share?
    .....I think O.J. is innocent????

    Me 2! I hate da U but I like everyone else.
    Props to pheagles 10 and phins1983


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,704
    vCash
    1500
    I don't HATE the U. I just root for FSU. I like what Shannon has done with the team and like the direction. I love the new Froshes and think they are on the way back but I have been with the Noles since the 1st wide-right no reason to quit now.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    25 47'16"N 80 13'27"W
    Posts
    10,510
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay16 View Post
    I don't HATE the U. I just root for FSU. I like what Shannon has done with the team and like the direction. I love the new Froshes and think they are on the way back but I have been with the Noles since the 1st wide-right no reason to quit now.
    I like UF, I wanna go there real bad.
    Props to pheagles 10 and phins1983


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    180
    vCash
    1500
    1. Location- parkland

    2. Favorite Current Panther- booth

    3. Favorite Former Panther- olli

    4. What other teams in the NHL do you root for?- penguins

    5. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for?- all south fl sports teams

    6. Anything else you care to share?- get martin out of here, hes a joke.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    25 47'16"N 80 13'27"W
    Posts
    10,510
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by marlins19 View Post
    1. Location- parkland

    2. Favorite Current Panther- booth

    3. Favorite Former Panther- olli

    4. What other teams in the NHL do you root for?- penguins

    5. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for?- all south fl sports teams

    6. Anything else you care to share?- get martin out of here, hes a joke.
    Do you go to Douglas? Or are out of high school? Nice location, reppin Parkland.
    Props to pheagles 10 and phins1983


Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •