Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Some news from the Boston Herald about Yuri Alexandrov:

"The B’s have been trying unsuccessfully for two years to sign Russian defenseman Yuri Alexandrov, their second pick (37th overall) in the 2006 draft. But Alexandrov, who was selected ahead of Lucic, recently expressed to the team a desire to come to North America next season.

“If things work out, he’ll be in our mix next year,” general manager Peter Chiarelli said. “The plan now is for him to be in Providence. With him it’s about building his body. He’s not the most robust of players - about 6-foot-1 and 180. He’s a puck-mover, smart, sees the ice, an efficient player, kind of like a Ference, but a bit bigger.”

We need more D prospects in the system - sounds like this would be a good signing. Maybe on the B's in 2-3 years?

vCash
    Yannick Riendeau:

Bruins Sign Yannick Riendeau Boston Bruins Apr 2, 2009, 9:56 AM EDT Printable Version
    View or download a printable version of this release.
    BOSTON, MA - Boston Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli has announced that the club has signed forward Yannick Riendeau to an entry-level contract. Per club policy, terms of the deal will not be disclosed.

Yannick Riendeau
    Skating for the Drummondville Voltiguers of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, Riendeau finished the 2008-2009 regular season as the league leader in goals, assists, points, power play goals and game-winning goals, after tallying 58 goals (24 power play, 15 game-winners), 68 assists and 126 points in 64 games. The 5’10”, 178-pound forward has contributed an additional 19 points on nine goals and 10 assists during Drummondville’s first four playoff games this year.
    In 298 career games in the QMJHL, the 20-year-old, Brossard, Quebec native has totaled 337 points on 150 goals and 187 assists. 2008-2009 was his first season with Drummondville, after skating the previous three-plus seasons with the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies. Riendeau also played 24 games in France for Chamonix for a portion of the 2007-08 season.

With six games remaining in the 2008-2009 regular season, the Bruins will host the Ottawa Senators on Thursday, April 2 at 7:00 p.m. ET at the TD Banknorth Garden.
    http://bruins.nhl.com/team/app?artic...e&service=page

vCash
    Is he so good athlete9393 that you have a man crush on Yannick Riendeau?

Everyone here knows I have a man crush on Frrrrank
    PSD Bruins Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Boston Bruins Style

vCash
    I have a man crush on Stefan Elliot.

Elliott, he reminds me of Scott Niedermayer. Because he is not very big 6'1", 190, he has to use position, good foot, and stick work when in the defensive zone. I don't see him having the ability to outmuscle opponents.Offensively gifted. Very calm with the puck, accurate passing, a decent but not overpowering shot. Is able to find and create space in the offensive zone. Good skating, excellent intelligence. I feel Elliott's skills compare well to another former Blade defenseman who was selected in the first round. Mike Green.

vCash
    Yanick sounds great , but has anyone heard any news on Carl Soderberg ???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by madtnt View Post
    Yanick sounds great , but has anyone heard any news on Carl Soderberg ???
    Boston Herald (May 30):

and getting European prospects Carl Soderberg and Yuri Alexandrov signed and over to North America.

The GM said there is a good chance the slim-but-skilled defenseman Alexandrov, a second-round pick in 2006, will be on hand for the B’s development camp July 6-10, but doubts Soderberg will appear until training camp, if at all.

“I doubt if we’ll see him this summer, but there’s a good chance we’ll see him in training camp,” Chiarelli said. “Basically with the Swedish kids, they all want to come over when they’re ready to play in the NHL, that’s been kind of a universal sentiment for these kids for a long time. They don’t want to play in the AHL, because they feel their league over there is just as good or better. That’s the hangup. If I guaranteed him he’d be (playing in Boston), he’d be here. But I’m not going to do that.” . . .

The B’s gave up on a big, tough project - defenseman Denis Ruel (a 2007 fifth-rounder) - who will now re-enter the draft.

Offseason mission: Get Victor Hedman!

vCash
    Ugh. Soderberg is such a nasty talent... Having him come over would make trading Sturm a lot easier.

cynomatic is offline spɹoʍ ɯopuɐɹ ǝɯos pɐǝɹ
    vCash
    Talent Analysis

Söderberg is a very explosive player. He is a good skater and has a powerful stride. With his quick feet he very easily gets around the opponents. He has an accurate shot, has a fine scoring touch and is a good playmaker as well. His hockey sense is top-notch and the way he handles the puck in full flight is very impressive. A strong player with great size combined with good technical skills. Earlier his defense was somewhat questionable but he has become a much better player without the puck.
    http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/carl_soderberg

vCash
    The B's gave up on Reul? I just saw him in Providence earlier in the year and he didn't look too bad. He's a huge kid.

vCash
    Man, I would love to see Soderberg this year. Every thing I read snce the eye injury has been good. I have been hearing from a close friend over seas that alot of people put him in a class with Peter Forsberg with a potential to be better. We cant lets him go.

vCash
    Peter's sort of being a little passive here. Soderberg needs to be guaranteed a spot on the NHL roster to come here. Like he said, many Swedish kids think that the Swede league is just as good, if not better, than the AHL. I agree.

Soderberg better be on the team next year, it will be like adding a decent free agent. We have to make some room.
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shaiza90 View Post
    Peter's sort of being a little passive here. Soderberg needs to be guaranteed a spot on the NHL roster to come here. Like he said, many Swedish kids think that the Swede league is just as good, if not better, than the AHL. I agree.

Soderberg better be on the team next year, it will be like adding a decent free agent. We have to make some room.
    Soderberg said he'd come over is Malmo wasn't promoted... He's playing in the SWE-1, which is the equilavent of the ECHL here. The SEL is the AHL level talent.

Soderbergs good, but in no way should he be guaranteed a roster spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PB#37 View Post
    Soderberg said he'd come over is Malmo wasn't promoted... He's playing in the SWE-1, which is the equilavent of the ECHL here. The SEL is the AHL level talent.

Soderbergs good, but in no way should he be guaranteed a roster spot.
    I agree - maybe we have to bring him in on a one-way deal, but you cant "guarantee" someone a roster spot unless he's shown he can do it in the NHL before, which he hasn't. At least bringing him on a one-way deal he knows he will make NHL money if he has to start the year in the AHL and acclimatize.

But man, if he come over and is good, how sweet would that be in terms of being able to move a higher priced guy like Kobasew or Ryder to save cap $ for next year and the year after when the glut of RFA's pass through.

Offseason mission: Get Victor Hedman!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggleboom View Post
    I agree - maybe we have to bring him in on a one-way deal, but you cant "guarantee" someone a roster spot unless he's shown he can do it in the NHL before, which he hasn't. At least bringing him on a one-way deal he knows he will make NHL money if he has to start the year in the AHL and acclimatize.

But man, if he come over and is good, how sweet would that be in terms of being able to move a higher priced guy like Kobasew or Ryder to save cap $ for next year and the year after when the glut of RFA's pass through.
    It's really not that out of reach. Soderberg has a big potential to be in the roster next year.
    I can't wait to see if one of our centers will be gone during this offseason. I love every one of them, but the possibility of Soderberg excites me.

Maybe they might consider moving him to the wing position when he gets to the NHL. He has the accurate shot and the body. His defensive shortcomings might keep him from being a center in the NHL.
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    Chia said he wants to add size down the middle... But Soderberg would be our 4th line C. I much prefer to trade Sturm or Kobasew for a good PM prospect and Put Soder on the wing (provided he does good in camp)

Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast