Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 59 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    things from the P-bruins game last night.

They lost 3-1 (a lot of sloppy play and baffled by the coach's line combos a bit)

Positives:

Knight looked good. Knight used his body a lot, pretty quick..Solid game

Spooner also looked good. Nifty hands, good passer, a few giveaways, but decent game

Camper and Bourque both are good AHLers (and depth for the NHL) very good hands, quick, and have a good eye for the game. Don't know if they will be able to transfer over to the NHL but all in all, impressed by their play (the line was Bourque-Camper-Tardif)

Hutchinson got the start, and although he let in 3 goals, i wouldn't really blame any of them on him. He looked alright, would've liked to see Svedberg but oh well...

Bobby Robins is a good fighter haha

Disappointments:

Jordan Caron...........looked timid out there. He gave the puck up A LOT, didn't use his body and wasn't impressed.

Some of the lines were blah. Too many gritty/not good with the puck type of guys playing together (and had a lot of minutes for those lines...) an example would be MacDermid-Whitfield-Robins (saw a bit too much of this line on the ice)

Defense left Hutch out to dry a lot. Bad turnovers behind the net and giveaways, sloppy and it cost them

That's my 2 cents, first game of the year so not much to take out...sloppy play will get better as they play more but would like the coach to switch the lines up...
    I wish we'd package him up for a winger. I've never been hi on him but I know some in here have. Good to hear that Spooner and Knight looked good. I really was hoping Svedberg would get the nod but, oh well.

Just realized they are playing in Bridgeport (20 minutes from my house) Should have gone tonight

**UPDATE** Just noticed the Baby B's play the CT Whale (20 minutes the other direction) on the 27th. Two tickets right behind the B's bench only $20 a piece Love the AHL prices
    Last edited by OneManIsNoMan; 10-13-2012 at 09:39 PM.

OneMan's trying to steal Orpik from me

vCash
    I believe in Jordan Caron!

vCash
    Spooner has been great!
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    Because of the agreement between the OHL and the NHL. Koko has played in the OHL and therefore can not play in the AHL till he's 20yrs old or has 4 years in the OHL. If he wants to return to NA hockey he must go back to the OHL.
    Oh so he was drafted as a North American.....damn k thank

I don't think Caron cares about the juniors. He should of gone to play in the khl

I wish him and koko would have exchanged places. It would have been nice for koko to build chemistry and Caron to play full time among men

vCash
    One thing i noticed about Caron during the game was he looked SLOW. like he had cinder blocks tied to his skates. Does anyone remember how he played during the last couple games of the season? He used his body, speed, and took alot of shots...He looked like the kid everyone hoped he would be, in this game, complete opposite. It was like it was his first game playing against men, you would never of thought he did anything decent in the NHL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    One thing i noticed about Caron during the game was he looked SLOW. like he had cinder blocks tied to his skates. Does anyone remember how he played during the last couple games of the season? He used his body, speed, and took alot of shots...He looked like the kid everyone hoped he would be, in this game, complete opposite. It was like it was his first game playing against men, you would never of thought he did anything decent in the NHL.
    Well for the past two years he never had a full time role in either league. He finally has his shot full time in the NHL and they go on strike....I'd be a bit disappointed

vCash
    P-Bruins are 0-2, here are their player stats thus far:

http://www.providencebruins.com/View/Page/72

here are some point updates for some other guys:

Dougie Hamilton: 3 goals, 7 assists, 10 PTS in 11 games (CHL)

Alexander Khokhlachev: 1 goal, 1 assist, 2 PTS in 14 games (KHL)

Seth Griffith: 9 goals, 6 assists, 15 PTS in 8 games (CHL)

Anthony Camara: 9 goals, 3 assists, 12 PTS in 10 games (CHL)

Malcolm Subban: 5-2-1 record, 2.08 GGA, .934 SV%

for the two i have bolded, can anyone give insight on these two? I was looking at Griffith stats in the OHL and i mean, the kid last year had 45 goals 40 assists and 85 points in 68 games.....how'd we get him in the 5th?

And on Camara, i thought we took him later like 4-5 and figured he was a fighter/thug-type player...he seems like he has found a little scoring touch, 9 goals thru the first 10 games, and didn't realize he was a 3rd round pick....
    Last edited by bruins>habs; 10-16-2012 at 07:28 PM.

vCash
    Seems like getting passed over in the 2011 draft lit a fire under Griffith.

Not many teams took a chance either, we probably wouldn't have if we didn't already draft Knight.

Kid plays hard that's for sure, we'll see how far he gets.

vCash
    Isn't KoKo back in the CHL

vCash
    Caron had a Hatty the other night. Hedberg has won back to back games. Spooner and Bourque are playing well. I can't wait to use my flex tix!

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NeelyforPres View Post
    Caron had a Hatty the other night. Hedberg has won back to back games. Spooner and Bourque are playing well. I can't wait to use my flex tix!
    great to hear....Lets get svedberg more time in net, seeing Hutchinson isnt going past the AHL (at least here)

vCash
    An interesting sleeper spec. He's been an afterthought kinda due to injury.

http://www.csnne.com/10/22/12/Sauve-...81&feedID=3352

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

vCash
    If the link doesn't work.

http://www.csnne.com/

vCash
    is there a reason the P-Bruins keep playing Hutchinson, he sucks.....he's 0-3, and last game against Connecticut he got raped...4 goals on 13 shots. Svedberg came in to relieve him, i mean really ???? oh and his GAA is 4.03, that's horrible

vCash
    Was at the game tonight and I'd like to say this first Hutchinson ****ING SUCKS!! The guy single handedly cost the P-Bruins the game. Send the guy to the ECHL or something, I've never seen such week rebounds and goals let in.

Bruce Cassidy actually gave me a stare down after the 4th goal Being right behind the bench (and a loud person) I yelled "it's about time coach, welcome to the game". It probably wasn't unnecessary and I apologized after the game for being a dick. On to a few thoughts.

Niklas Svedberg - The Good: Stays square to the shooter, gets big in the butterfly, good net coverage, keeps in head on a swivel and rebound control is pretty good. The Bad: Struggled smothering shots in the chest and puck play was questionable (gave up a goal playing the puck)

Jordan Caron - The Good: He scored The Bad: Seemed disinterested in the game, was knocked off the puck easily, struggled to make the smart pass and skated like he has cement in his skates.

Justin Florek - The Good: Size (6'4 200lb), works in the dirty areas, has two way potential. The Bad: Not psychical for his size and below average acceleration.

Ryan Spooner - The Good: Better then advertised, PP QB potential, amazing vision, tough to knock off the puck, Seguin like passer, slick/soft hands, good 1 on 1 skills. The Bad: Needs to use his shot more and lead the attack into the offensive zone.

Overall Experience - after going down 4-1 the Baby B's seemed to play timid and lack in psychical play. They lack an enforcer who will stand up for players when other teams take liberties. They battled back to get within 5-3 but it wasn't enough. Best part of the night was talking to Spoons and getting a few RT's after the game.
    Last edited by OneManIsNoMan; 10-27-2012 at 10:53 PM.

OneMan's trying to steal Orpik from me

Page 59 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast