Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 68 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shaiza90 View Post
    I like his potential, but his terrible skating is showing in the pros. He really needs to adjust soon. His numbers are brutal.

At least he is a solid defender.
    He is only 21, so I think it can come age.

He does have the potential to score and do well offensively. Just look at this last year in the QMJHL:

Regular Season
    GP---G-----A-----P
    64---58----68---126

Playoffs
    GP---G-----A-----P
    19---29----23---52

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GibberSquad View Post
    He is only 21, so I think it can come age.

He does have the potential to score and do well offensively. Just look at this last year in the QMJHL:

Regular Season
    GP---G-----A-----P
    64---58----68---126

Playoffs
    GP---G-----A-----P
    19---29----23---52
    Yep. We all know about his unbelievable stats. But his skating was even questioned at the Q, which makes me worry even more in the pros, a much more fast paced game.

Skating can be taught for sure, it's just how he absorbs all this in stride.
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    Does anybody know the deal with Yuri Alexandrov? I've heard/read some great stuff about him but it seems that the Bruins just can't sign him. Does he not want to play in the NHL? I'd love to see him in a B's vest someday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemakesnoise View Post
    Does anybody know the deal with Yuri Alexandrov? I've heard/read some great stuff about him but it seems that the Bruins just can't sign him. Does he not want to play in the NHL? I'd love to see him in a B's vest someday
    I want to say he is still under contract in the KHL???? He does want to play int he NHL I think and will sign and play in Providence next year
    PSD Bruins Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Boston Bruins Style

vCash
    He's expressed interest in coming to the NHL. I think this offseason will determine his ultimate fate.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

Yeti FTW

vCash
    I'm excited about him...not sure why, but I'm just excited about him...probably because his name rules

Boston Bruins Style

vCash
    Totally agreed.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

Yeti FTW

vCash
    Stupid KHL... lol. I agree, I've been excited about him too.

vCash
    That's why Russians are a risky pick. But don't be surprised if the Bruins draft Kabanov with our own first rounder. We have two first rounders, and he is definitely worth the gamble.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

Yeti FTW

vCash
    Russians are risky...but I want to say I read somewhere Yuri wants to play in the NHL...which is a good thing

Boston Bruins Style

vCash
    BURLINGTON, Vt. - University of Vermont senior co-captain Brian Roloff (West Seneca, N.Y.) has signed an amateur tryout agreement with the American Hockey League's Providence Bruins. Providence is the AHL affiliate of the Boston Bruins.

Roloff will join the Bruins for the final six games of the AHL regular season before returning to campus on April 12 to complete his degree in business administration this spring. Providence hosts the Worcester Sharks on Friday at 7:05 p.m.

Roloff played in all 39 games at forward this season for the Catamounts and was third on the team in scoring with nine goals and 18 assists for 27 points. His four power-play goals were second best on the team and his 19 points in Hockey East play were third best. Roloff also won 54-percent of his face offs.

In 145 career games, Roloff posted 26 goals and 53 assists for 79 points.

Roloff helped lead Vermont to a 17-15-7 mark this year as the Catamounts posted a sixth straight winning season for the first time in program history at the Division I level. Vermont earned a second straight bid to the NCAA Tournament and the fifth overall in school history.

Roloff will become the 10th former Catamount to play in the AHL this year and the 26th to play professional hockey in 2009-10. He is this third Catamount this week to sign a professional hockey contract.
    uvmathletics.com

vCash
    ?

Boston Bruins Style

vCash
    BOSTON, MA - Boston Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli announced today that the club has signed defenseman Matt Bartkowski to an entry-level contract. Per club policy, financial terms of the deal will not be disclosed.

The 21-year-old Bartkowski skated in 39 games for Ohio State University of the CCHA (Central Collegiate Hockey Association) this year, registering 6-12=18 totals and 99 PIM, with five of his six goals coming on the power play. Through two seasons with the Buckeyes, Bartkowski has played in 80 games recording 11-27=38 totals and 145 PIM. He was named a member of the 2009 CCHA All-Rookie Team, the first Buckeye defenseman named to the team in ten years.

The 6’1” 203-pound native of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania was selected by the Florida Panthers in the seventh round (190th overall) of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft. He was acquired by Boston from the Florida Panthers with Dennis Seidenberg in exchange for Byron Bitz, Craig Weller and a 2011 second round draft pick (Tampa Bay) at the 2010 trade deadline on March 3, 2010.
    http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=527488

Patriots Playoffs 2012: Go Hard Or Go Home!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Intimidator View Post
    Good news?

Boston Bruins Style

vCash
    CAMP PLANS
    Soderberg may finally appear
    Look for Carl Soderberg, the 6-foot-3-inch Swedish pivot acquired by the Bruins in the July 2007 deal that sent Hannu Toivonen to St. Louis, to make his first North American appearance in July when he attends Boston’s development camp.

“That’s the word I’m getting from his agent,’’ said general manager Peter Chiarelli. “[Soderberg] feels it’s time. He had a good year, not great, something like 51 points. And he’s been there [Malmo] long enough that I think it’s a case of diminishing returns at this point.’’

Soderberg will be 25 in October.

“We’ll see,’’ said Chiarelli, who has been led to believe before that Soderberg was ready to take a run at the North American pro game. “I look at him now as an older European, 25, and it’s worth taking a look to find if there is a fit here.’’

Joe Colborne, who turned pro soon after his season at the University of Denver ended, also will attend development camp again, along with Jordan Caron, Boston’s top pick (No. 25 overall) in last year’s amateur draft. Possibly Taylor Hall, too, provided he is Boston’s pick at No. 2 overall in this year’s draft.

Hopefully not the same old thing with Soderberg as usual.

Page 10 of 68 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast