Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 68 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

Bruins Prospect Watch

This thread is for the prospects of the Bruins organization, you can post any type of stats/news/scouting reports you have on the prospect. It'll be fun if everyone joins in and cooperates.

I'll start:

Zach Hamill
    Ht/Wt: 5-11/190 lbs
    Position:C
    Drafted From:Everett (WHL)

Scouting Report: A very good special team player, especially on the power play. He sees the ice well and sets up teammates with his good passing abilities. Needs to show better puck pursuit and work on his acceleration and breakaway speed.

Regular Season Stats
    Season Team GP G A PTS +/- PIM
    2003-2004 WHL Season Everett Silvertips 4 0 2 2 -1 0
    2004-05 WHL Season Everett Silvertips 57 8 25 33 4 29
    2005-06 WHL Season Everett Silvertips 53 21 38 59 18 28
    2006-07 WHL Season Everett Silvertips 69 32 61 93 16 90

Playoff Stats
    Season Team GP G A PTS +/- PIM
    2004 WHL Playoffs Everett Silvertips 20 3 2 5 -2 2
    2005 WHL Playoffs Everett Silvertips 11 2 3 5 1 8
    2006 WHL Playoffs Everett Silvertips 15 3 11 14 -1 4
    2007 WHL Playoffs Everett Silvertips 12 2 8 10 0 16
    Source: Zach Hamill Scouting Report
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

cynomatic is offline spɹoʍ ɯopuɐɹ ǝɯos pɐǝɹ
    vCash
    Great idea for a thread

Tukka Rask

Name: Tuukka Rask
    Position: G
    Catches: Left
    Height: 6-3
    Weight: 181 lbs
    Birthdate: 1987-03-10

Rask was born and grew up in Savonlinna, Finland, but career progression dictated that he leave his hometown for the SM-Liiga organization of Ilves at the age of 16. There he continued to dominate in his age group. He won the 2004 Viking Cup along with the award for the best goaltender. The 2004 U18 WC was a great personal success for Rask despite the team's disappointing fate.

2004-05: Rask faced new challenges behind poor defenses and against strong opposition in both SM-Liiga and the WJC. He collected most of his minutes in Finnish Jr. A where he won the championship after a beyond-perfect performance, 9 wins in 10 games with a GAA of 0.87 and saves at .973. The magic wore off by the year's U18 WC, however, where Rask was disappointing.

2005-06: The pecking order at the goalie position expectedly went through changes over the course of the season. Rask with his very limited experience wasn't ready to take over Juha Pitkämäki at first. The fall season was about backup duties, but once Rask returned from the WJC's, he excelled in a couple of games. Soon it became apparent that he wasn't just riding a hot streak but given a start after another, quietly taking over the starter's position. He finished with a strong 2.09 GAA and .926 save percentage in 30 games.

2006-07: Ilves headed into the year with a teenage goalie tandem Tuukka Rask (BOS) and Riku Helenius (TB). Helenius suffered a shoulder injury in practice early in the season before he got to play and the recovery took longer than anticipated. In turn, Rask had more than enough work to deal with. He played 49 games and faced the second most shots in the league, taking care of WJC duties on the side. Rask performed commendably, saving Ilves on many occasions by winning close games when the team couldn’t score. His GAA of 2.39 and the save percentage .928 were among the league’s finest. Rask streched a gap to the team’s second best player perhaps wider than in any other SM-liiga organisation.

An all-star of the 2006 WJC, Rask had high expectations placed on him after his continued development back home over the year. His task was basically to support the team with a star performance when it was winning, and to win the game even when the rest of the players weren't up to it. In that sense, Rask's greatest failure was in the opening game against Belarus. Rask played nearly perfect in the two games versus the Czechs and the Swiss, keeping mistakes to a minimum in the rest of the tournament as well.

Talent Analysis

Rask is likely to develop his movement to the level of the very best in the world. Right now the butterfly goalie moves with an explosive, controlled horizontal slide while maintaining good coverage. He gets back to his feet instantly when needed. With these qualities, when on his game, he has always been able to save his team from no matter how dominant opponents. Rask's frame is decent and he shows good coverage from time to time but suffers from inconsistent technique, which he will be working on for a long time still. At this point his stamina is relatively poor, which also contributes to his inconsistency.

Future
    Rask has the potential to be an elite starting goaltender in the NHL. As with any prospect, he cannot yet be labeled a sure thing, but the young netminder has continued to impress, and will get his first experience with North American hockey in the 2007-08 season.

vCash
    hmm no good prospects in the bruins team lol.

Tukka Rask

Name: Matt Lashoff
    Position: D
    Shoots: Left
    Height: 6-2
    Weight: 205 lbs
    Birthdate: 1986-09-29

2003-04: Totaled 24 points (5g, 19a) and 97 penalty minutes in 62 games with the Kitchener Rangers. Lashoff was also part of the 2003-04 OHL second All-Rookie Team.

2004-05: An injury slowed his development a bit as Lashoff missed nearly 20 games, but he put up decent numbers on a good Ranger team. Had 22 points (4g, 18a) and 44 penalty minutes in 44 games. He is a regular in their top four and plays in a lot of situations but has limited power play time. Participated in the 2005 CHL Top Prospects game. Was Boston’s top pick in the 2005 draft.

2005-06: He finally had a solid stretch of playing time and pulled off a decent overall season with Kitchener. Lashoff played in 56 games with a total of 47 points (7 goals, 40 assists) and 146 penalty minutes. 28 of his assists came on the power play. He signed a three year deal with the Bruins and earned an AHL tryout contract following the OHL season. Lashoff had a goal and an assist in seven regular season games with the Providence Bruins.

2006-07: Twenty-year-old Lashoff was named to the AHL's 2006-07 All-Rookie team and was the only member of the Providence Bruins to partcipate in the AHL All-Star game. He also led all Providence defensemen in scoring with a total 36 points (11 goals, 25 assists) in 64 games. He earned a look in Boston for a few games, but was returned to the AHL to gain more experience and fine tune his game. His growth since training camp has been right on track and he's inching himself closer to an NHL job. Lashoff showed improvement in his decision making and his play away from the puck.

Lashoff has the blend of skating, size and no apparent weaknesses. Has some offensive upside. He’s a confident and smooth skating playmaker, who is equally adept at creating scoring opportunities as he is competent in his own end of the ice. Sees the ice well; Solid on both the powerplay and penalty kill; consistent performer; not overly physical, but he doesn’t avoid physical play, either; sound positional game.

Lashoff has the potential to be a top four NHL defender with some decent offensive upside. He will not likely develop into an offensive defenseman at the next level, but he will chip in his share of points while being a well rounded rear guard.
    Hi

go pats,eagles,sox,revolution,celtics,bruins,

thanks Seiya

vCash
    Here's another interesting thing about Lashoff:

As Matt Lashoff strolled into practice one morning, he heard a familiar voice coming from over the locker room radio -- his teammates had gotten a hold of a song the young defenseman had just recorded and gave the aspiring musician a pleasant surprise.

“I think they like it," said Lashoff with a grin. "If they didn’t like it at least a little, I don’t think they would have been playing it."

Some might be tempted to say that Matt Lashoff was born to play -- music.

His father, a guitar player, has always been passionate about song and Matt’s older cousins played instruments as well. So as a young boy, Matt started to play too.

At first Matt wanted to be like his cousins, who played drums, and began to bang away on a set that had found their way into the Lashoff residence. He even began to take lessons.

That didn't last long.

“The drums were my cousins,” he smirked. “He ended up taking them away from me.”

Which probably made his mother happy, but the relative silence in the Lashoff household was, like his stint with percussion, short lived.

Matt went right for the next available instrument – the guitar.

“I picked it up at 10 or 11 (years-old) and took right to it," he said. "I started playing right then and just never stopped.”

By that age “Lash” was not as willing to want to take instructions anymore, and began to teach himself how to play the six-string. And though his dad played guitar and his younger brother picked it up a little after he did, Matt says he went at mostly by himself.

All that changed when he left his home in East Greenbush, New York to play prep school hockey at Avon Old Farms School in Connecticut.

“There were a couple of guys at Avon Old Farms that loved playing together and we had a couple of bands,” Matt explains. “That is were I really learned a lot of what I know.”

Lashoff continued to hone his licks as he moved on from Avon Old Farms to Michigan, where he played for the US National Development Team before spending three years in the Ontario Hockey League with the Kitchener Rangers.

Ironically, it wasn’t until he arrived in Providence last year, ready to take his next step on ice, that he really began to get serious about taking the next level with his music. And, along with a friend in Rhode Island, Matt spent most of his spare time last season working on his own CD.

Matt Lashoff #49 of the Boston Bruins skates with the puck against the Ottawa Senators on November 11, 2006 at TD Banknorth Garden in Boston, Massachusetts. (Photo by Elsa/Getty Images)
    Besides a "major" interruption -- a 12 game call-up to the big club in Boston -- Lash could be found in the studio writing and recording his tracks. Just like his hockey career, things moved pretty quickly. He even had a couple of songs finished and up on the Internet (which is probably how his teammates got a hold of it), until he suffered a neck injury in the very last game of Providence's regular season.

After the injury, Matt took some time off from music to focus on his hockey recovery and when the dust settled, he was away from Providence, away from the recording studio, and his musical partner had moved away to Seattle.

Lashoff admits that while it will now take longer than he originally hoped, he still plans on finishing his project.

But the young D-man has another big project in mind for the time being.

“Making the Bruins is the main thing for me right now, so music’s kind of on hold,” said Lashoff during this summer's Development Camp. “It’s slowed down for sure, but I’m still trying to find time to work on it whenever I can.

“It is going to be tough, but every chance I get I am writing songs.

"So if I can get some more studio time that would be awesome," he said.

Injury aside, it’s amazing he finds anytime to even write songs in the first place. Besides being a professional athlete, Lash is also an avid outdoorsman and can often be found heading to the woods and water to fish, hike, surf, and water ski.

But, next to hockey, Lashoff explained that music trumps all.

“I grew up outdoors, but there is still always a guitar next to me,” said Matt. “There are always guitars hanging around everywhere, because me, my dad, and my brother play, so we have about eight. So whenever you are thinking of something there is usually one nearby.”

Whenever it arrives, the CD will most likely feature just Matt on vocals and the guitar, adding some drum and bass here and there himself as well.

Sure, he would love to have a full band backing him, but it is hard to get a steady group of guys together when you are in and out of the area as much as he is.

And the songs will be in the style of his all-time favorite musicians, The Allman Brothers Band, Stevie Ray Vaughn, and Kenny Wayne Shepard -- tastes that were passed down from his dad.

“I love that stuff,” he said. “My dad grew up on the old blues kind of thing, and I just fell in love with it too.

“I’m kind of the black sheep with it though, my brother likes it, but not really any of my other friends,” he added.

“Once people here it though they tend to like it. They just don’t know it’s out there. So I try and open doors for people to it.”

Lashoff will also try and open doors to record shops when the CD is finally ready to hit the shelves.

“I would love to kind of circulate it around," he mused. "I suspect that the fans that support me on the ice will be the first to get it.

"So as soon as we can get it out, maybe we can sell it in some rinks first.”

In the meantime, Lashoff will continue to chip away at the album whenever he can find time between his off-season workouts and his trips to the Great Outdoors.

Whether the CD makes any noise in the industry or not (he has been getting positive feedback from fans visiting his Myspace page), Matt would still be happy just having music in his life.

“I am lucky to have my dad and brother to practice with at home,” said Lash. “We have a lot of long jams, like the old Allmans (Allman Brothers Band).

"It’s great.

“We moved our amps and stuff upstairs (a now vacant apartment attached to their house) so we don’t disrupt my mother too much,” he added with a laugh.

No matter how well work on the CD goes, chances are good that Lashoff will be disrupting opposing forwards in an arena near you -- and maybe someday he'll be bouncing music off walls in those same arenas in the distant future.
    im a musician myself, i like how he is into that type of stuff.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

Yeti FTW

vCash
    Zach Hamill video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVpneQeJavE

Matt Lashoff AHL All-Stars Skills Goal *** Amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y60itpHdRc

Ryan Callahan vs Matt Lashoff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80ANGtCq7P8&NR=1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cynomatic View Post
    Zach Hamill video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVpneQeJavE

Matt Lashoff AHL All-Stars Skills Goal *** Amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y60itpHdRc

Ryan Callahan vs Matt Lashoff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80ANGtCq7P8&NR=1
    is that lashoff's only fight?
    OH and that skills goal was off the hook. Crazy shot.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

Yeti FTW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shaiza90 View Post
    is that lashoff's only fight?
    OH and that skills goal was off the hook. Crazy shot.
    I know that goal was insane ..

Last month during the Boston Bruins Development Camp, as the rest of the new Bruins exited the locker room for the sheet of ice at Ristuccia Memorial Arena, defenseman Tommy Cross sat alone on a trainer's table in the back corner of the training facility in Wilmington.

There Cross received therapy on his injured knee, moved on to a stationary bike, an upper body workout, and then he followed that up with more physical therapy.

The Bruins second round draft choice in June's NHL Entry Draft spent most of the six days rehabbing or watching his compatriots practice from crutches at the far corner of the rink. A gloomy scene it might have seemed to some, but Cross was looking at the situation through Black & Gold tinted glasses -- or are they maroon and gold?

“Despite the injury, I’m definitely still enjoying my time here," the future Boston College Eagle told BostonBruins.com. "It has been a great few days, getting to meet all the guys and watch some of the older guys play."

While Tommy couldn’t partake in the on-ice portion of the camp, he found plenty of other ways to make use of his time in the *** and whether it was reacquainting himself with Boston, a city the Simsbury, Connecticut native, has grown to love, or hanging with his fellow new-B’s, Tommy made the most out of his situation.

Cross explained that his uncle, along with a few close pals, live here in the Bay State, and that he used to, “always come up for Bruins and Red Sox games as a kid.”

It had been some time though since his last real visit to the city and Tommy was pumped for his first Duck Tour and a trip back to Fenway Park.

“I haven’t been to a game in years. There is nothing like Fenway Park,” Cross exclaimed.

And the friendly confines of Fenway didn’t disappoint either as the Sox won, with a little good luck charm provided by Cross draft classmate, Zach Hamill, who threw out the first pitch and appeared on NESN.

But the BC-bound defenseman found that spending time with the former (Chris Collins) and current (Brock Bradford) Eagles in camp was especially exciting.

“Those guys have been awesome," he said of his new friends from the Heights. "It has been great to be able to talk to them about how things are run over there and what to expect.”

Tommy then chuckled and added, “funny stuff too, like stories, and who to watch out for.”

Thos tips will definitely give Tommy a leg-up when he enters BC in the fall of 2008, and he certainly did not take his newfound insider information for granted.

“Next year (his senior season at Westminster Prep) I need to improve on all aspects of my game so I can be ready for BC, and I can be the impact player there right away like I want to be," explained Cross. "I have to work on my skating and my decision making, too.

"So I have a lot to do between then and now.”

Tommy knows that is what it will take to accomplish his two ultimate goals: a National Championship with BC and then cracking the Bruins NHL lineup.

In the meantime, however, Cross is just trying to soak it all in -- his final year of high school, this fall's hockey season, getting ready for college and, of course, his first camp with the B's.

That doesn't mean that he didn't miss being out on the Ristuccia ice. Cross admitted that watching made him long to lace the blades back up ASAP.

“It is a little frustrating," said Cross. "You want to be out there, you want to be with the guys.

"There's something about being out on the ice with the guys - blood, sweat, and tears -- it all brings you together.

“Not being out there you miss it, but you have to stay involved and try and be as big a part of the group as you can,” he said.

Even though he couldn't participate this summer, it seems clear that Cross will be a big part of the B's group in the very near future.
    http://bruins.nhl.com/team/app/?serv...ticleid=336158

vCash
    Tommy Cross
    Prospect Grade: 0.0 (About Prospect Grades)

Profile Contributed By: HF Staff
    History

2006-07: Though he was invited to join the USNDTP (He did join the team in March of 2007 for two games) Cross opted to play out the season at Westminster High, where he totaled 20 points and 20 penalty minutes in 25 games. He was also part of Team USA in the 2007 WJC U-18, playing a total 7 games during which he registered an assist and 4 penalty minutes.

Read this Hockey's Future interview with Tommy Cross
    Talent Analysis

Cross is a big defenseman who is not only strong on his skates but can turn on the jets when necessary. Overall he sees the ice well and has considerable hockey sense. Uses his size and strength, along with good stickhandling ability to effectively shut down opponents around his net and along the boards. Will play physical, and while he has been called a defensive-defenseman in the past, he also has a strong shot and some offensive capability that could be developed further.
    Future

Cross has made a verbal commitment to Boston College for the fall of 2008.
    Stats
    SEASON TEAM GP G A PTS +/- PIM
    2006-07 USNTDP 2 0 2 2 NA 0
    2006-07 Westminster (US High/Connecticut) 25 8 12 20 -- 20

Profile Last Updated: June, 28th 2007

PSD's Zdeno Chara

Yeti FTW

vCash
    Cross was a great draft choice..I was fired up he slipped that far

vCash
    Centers
    David Krejci -- The Bruins selected Krejci in the second round in 2004 after an excellent offensive performance with the Kladno junior team. Krecji came over and played two years in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League and that set him up well for his first professional season last year. In 69 games for the Providence Bruins, Krejci led the team in scoring with 31 goals and 43 assists. That earned him a midseason call-up to Boston. Unfortunately, he suffered a concussion Jan. 30 and was returned to Providence.

"He had a very good year," Chiarelli said. "David is an offensive player and we lost some offensive players, so he has an opportunity. He was a first-year pro who carried the freight at Providence, along with Ben Walter. David has progressed a lot. We wanted him to work on his tempo of play and combativeness and he did. He had a good playoff too, with 16 points in 13 games. He has a lot of promise."

Ben Walter -- Walter was the second-leading scorer in Providence and led the team with a plus-23 rating. He’s gritty and aware and competitive and he makes other players better.

"Ben was our MVP in Providence," Chiarelli said. "He led them in assists and plus/minus. Ben is a very smart, slick player. We asked him to work on his defensive-zone coverage, being stronger on the puck and cover his assignments better. He has done that. Ben is still improving, still young and should at least challenge for a spot."

Vladimir Sobotka -- He played his second year in the Czech Elite League, but was injured after 33 games. He was the leading scorer for the Czech team at the World Juniors with eight points in six games. Sobotka is an energetic player who throws a lot of checks and fights for pucks.

"Sobotka was one of the leading scorers on the Czech World Junior team and we're bringing him over here this year," Chiarelli said. "What he doesn't possess in size, he has in grit and offensive acumen. He's somewhat like Martins Karsums and he can make plays."

Brad Marchand -- He has produced steadily over the past three seasons and was an important member of the Moncton Wildcats that went to the Memorial Cup final two years ago. He's a relentless forechecker with good offensive skills and he gets lots of assists.

"Once again, he had a strong finish to the year," Chiarelli said. "He played on the top line at the World Juniors as an energy type forward. We want him to be more than that. I was surprised at training camp by his size and speed. He did well here and took that experience and turned it into a very good development year."

Left wingers
    Milan Lucic -- The MVP of the Memorial Cup, Lucic, will be returning to the Vancouver Giants next season. Lucic dominated the final Memorial Cup game from his first hard-checking shift until he assisted on the insurance goal late in the third. He checks, fights and scores, picking up 147 penalty minutes during the regular season.

"He had a very good year," Chiarelli said. "Milan is a big, strong, physical kid who really needs to work on his skating and he has done that. We drafted him as a project and he's looking good right now."

T.J. Trevelyan -- Surprisingly, Trevelyan went undrafted after a productive, injury-free, four-year career at St. Lawrence University. Trevelyan scored 78 goals and had 154 points in 150 NCAA games, but no one took a chance on the 5-foot-9 left wing – except the Bruins. He had 17 points in 15 ECHL games last year when he was promoted to the Providence Bruins and wound up their third-leading scorer and plus-11.

"TJ had a pretty good year as a rookie goal scorer," Chiarelli said. "He's a longshot, but I wouldn't count him out."

Right wingers
    Martins Karsums -- He had three good seasons with the QMJHL Moncton Wildcats. Karsums was the first European player to win the QMJHL Playoff Most Valuable Player (Guy Lafleur Trophy) with 16 goals and 11 assists for 27 points in 22 games. Karsums plays a rugged game and he has good offensive potential. He suffered an injury in November last year in his first pro season with Providence, but responded well in December before a January slump. He recovered in March and played well to the end of the season.

"Martins had a decent year for a first-year pro," Chiarelli said. "He was hurt a lot. He throws his body around and he's got an offensive knack. He showed us he has a good release on his shot. Basically, Karsums is an energy guy with a bit of offense and they're not easy to find. He handled the pro schedule well because he's used to North America and all the games. The only concern we have is with the injuries."

Mikko Lehtohnen -- Signed by the Bruins this spring after two pro seasons in his native Finland, Lehtohnen was one of only three players to score 10 points at the World Juniors and was his team's best player in two games. He's an excellent skater for a big man, quick and fast.

"Mikko is tall and rangy and I hope he can add weight in the next few years," Chiarelli said. "We
    Matt Lashoff has handled his minor-league assignments with increasing confidence, had a 36-point season, played in the AHL All-Star game and was named to the AHL All Rookie team.
    signed him because we want to get him over here and turn him pro. He has size and offensive ability, but he needs, at some point, to play at a more physical level. He had a good year scoring and led the Finnish team at the World Juniors."

Defense
    Matt Lashoff -- He was returned to Providence after a midseason, 12-game look-see because of his inability to handle opponents' transitional attack. On the plus side, he handled his minor-league assignments with increasing confidence, had a 36-point season, played in the AHL All-Star game and was named to the AHL All Rookie team.

"Matt had a pretty long stint with us," Chiarelli said. "He started strongly, but the game caught up to him a bit. Matt's a good skater with a nice offensive skill set. What caught up to him was his defensive play on the rush. That comes with maturity. He made leaps and bounds at Providence and he'll challenge for a spot next year. He played in the AHL All Star game. Matt had very good stats, but he was minus-2 and I want him to improve on that. Basically, we want to see constant improvement and Matt made a lot of improvement in the latter part of the year."

Mark Stuart -- The Bruins' first-round pick in 2003 was absolutely dominating at Colorado College and has been called up to Boston in each of his first two pro seasons. Stuart would have been a regular for Boston last year but underwent summer knee surgery and was behind the curve for most of the season. He's a big, powerful stay-at-home defenseman that Boston is counting on to anchor their defense for a long time.

"The first two-thirds of the season was Mark's training camp," Chiarelli said. "He's a high-character individual with good leadership skills. We want better skating out of him and he worked hard to improve it as well as his quickness. It will be hard to knock him out of our lineup this year. He has to earn a spot but he brings a lot of things that we need."

Jonathan Sigalet -- He got a lot stronger last season and made a very good impression at training camp. He played well for Providence and got called up to the NHL for one game at midseason. He played two seasons at Bowling Green University and has played at a .75 points-per-game rate over two seasons at Providence. Sigalet played with a shoulder injury for most of last season and finally shut it down in mid-February to have surgery. He missed the rest of the season, but the operation was scheduled to give him time to be ready for training camp.

"Jonathan had a very good training camp after he came in with a lot more muscle mass, which he needs," Chiarelli said. "He has to build on his frame. We told him he had to work on a couple of things, like his transitional play, because his skating is an asset. He had a good year until his shoulder problem and surgery cut short his season. He projects to be a prototypical new-age defenseman with his agility and puck-moving ability."

Matt Hunwick -- There's a big void in the University of Michigan hockey program with the departure of Hunwick, a four-year mainstay on the defense and the three-time winner of the team's best defenseman award. He had career highs with 21 assists and a plus-24 mark. Hunwick was named to the AHCA All-America West second team and the All-CCHA first team. He was also tabbed the CCHA's Best Defensive Defenseman. Hunwick is an excellent skater who carries the puck well and can generate offense.

"Matt had a very good year, making first team CCHA All Star and second team All-American," Chiarelli said. "We think he compares favorably to Jack Johnson. He's a good skater and puck
    Tuukka Rask was acquired from the Toronto Maple Leafs for Andrew Raycroft on June 24, 2006.

handler, but he doesn't project to be a pure offensive guy, more of a transition player. His skating and puck moving allow him to excel. He's a bit undersized but makes up for it with his character. His college coach, Red Berenson, speaks very highly about him."
    http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=...ticleid=331671

vCash
    Goalies
    Tuukka Rask -- He is considered one of the best European goalie prospects in several years. He played for a struggling Ilves Tampere team this past season and went 18-18-10. His .928 save percentage is certainly one of the highest ever for a .500 goalie. The Bruins signed him this summer and he'll likely play in Providence this season.

"I'm happier now than when we acquired him," Chiarelli said. "He didn't play on strongest team and he carried them on his shoulders into the playoffs. He's done well for such a young guy playing at such a high level. European goalies usually have to become acclimatized. We think we want him to have a year of AHL apprenticeship but who knows, guys come to camp to fight for jobs. We want him in the mix."

Kevin Regan -- The University of New Hampshire Wildcats have made the NCAA tournament the past two seasons with Regan in net. Regan plays in a system where every goal against is considered a disaster so he clearly can handle pressure.

"Kevin had a very good year at UNH," Chiarelli said. "He's got some size to him and he's improved each year. We'd like to have him go back for his senior year at UNH and do it again. From where he was drafted, Kevin has had a decent career and projects as a prospect."
    http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=...ticleid=331671

vCash

One Crazy Summer for Alain Goulet

Like most of his new teammates, defenseman Alain Goulet entered Boston Bruins Development Camp not knowing exactly what to expect, but after being chosen by the Black & Gold in the 6th round, 160th overall, at the 2007 NHL Entry Draft in Columbus, he is just enjoying the ride.

And a lot of other people are enjoying his hockey journey as well.

“It felt great when I saw my name on the draft,” said Goulet. “I went crazy.

"And my whole family was with me, so it was a good experience.”

His little hometown of Kapuskasing, Ontario also embraced Goulet’s accomplishment.

“I am from a small town; the population is about 9,000,” explained Alain. “Hockey used to be big there.

"So the town is really proud of me and all the things I have accomplished.”

His 8,999 (or so) neighbors in town may have known that Alain was destined for the pros, but Goulet did not have much time to get used to the idea of being Bruins property before he needed to hop a plane in order to travel to Wilmington, Massachusetts for Boston’s camp.

“I didn’t really think I would ever be here,” he said during camp. “When I was young, I was just playing on the pond and I ended up really liking hockey, so I just pursued it.”

Development Camp went very well for the young defenseman, who spent last season playing for the Aurora Tigers of the OPJHL.

“I have been learning a lot of new things and meeting a lot of new guys," said Goulet. "It has been awesome.

“All the guys are nice and talkative, so it has been nice meeting them."

His favorite part about hockey is being with the team, but he loves being on the ice just as much.

“I love just not thinking about anything else and just enjoying myself out there,” he said, thoughtfully.

Alain certainly seemed to enjoy himself out on the ice at development camp and he played solid defense against some of the B’s top prospects like David Krejci and Milan Lucic. But, true to his thoughtful nature, his expectations from camp were simple.

“I just wanted to get to know the staff and players,” he said. “And I wanted to get a feel for the NHL level."

Goulet’s first strides into the pros are enough to satisfy him -- for the time being.

Later this month he is off to the University of Nebraska-Omaha to pursue a college degree, play in the CCHA and follow in the footsteps of fellow Bruin, forward Jeff Hoggan, who starred there from 1999 until 2002.

UNO is his top priority, but the work that he was putting in to begin his college career was very apparent even at camp. Goulet was the sole skater wearing the full mask on the first day in Wilmington. He said he was trying to get used to the feel, as the full mask is required in the NCAA's. However, for the rest of the week, he went back to the half-shield.

More importantly, however, Goulet will pack his most significant discovery of the week to take with him to college.

“I learned that you have to be really in shape, and that you have to work really hard off the ice to perform well on the ice,” he said aping the sentiments of everyone at the B's inaugural Development Camp.

Although his coaches at Nebraska-Omaha and throughout the Bruins system would certainly agree that you must work extremely hard to make it at either level of play, his week in New England was also about having fun off the ice, as well.

Alain’s favorite off-ice activity was definitely his trip to Fenway Park, where he attended a Red Sox game against the Blue Jays.

“I couldn't wait,” he said. ‘I have seen the Jays play before, but I have never been to Fenway.”

Goulet got the chance to taste a little bit of the NHL (as well as a Fenway frank) during his week in Boston.
    http://bruins.nhl.com/team/app/?serv...ticleid=336228

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cynomatic View Post
    Cross was a great draft choice..I was fired up he slipped that far
    Yeah I know, I hope he develops into something decent.

By the way, where do you get all your sigs.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

Yeti FTW

vCash
    dude cyo sig sucks again.

u disappoint me.
    Hi

go pats,eagles,sox,revolution,celtics,bruins,

thanks Seiya

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan07 View Post