Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nascar10294 View Post
    ^But Wies's players are all young, now that they got their real year withou most of Ty's guys it will be intresting to see how they do. Jimmy Clausen is going to be great this year. Armondo Allen is an amazing player, reminds me a lot like Reggie Bush.

Prediection: 10-3, Bowl win and upset USC

clausen and company will represent this year. the o-line is bigger and stronger and with the duel threat of hughes/allen in the backfield (with plenty of depth too)....the irish will bounce back nicely from last year.

the defense should be much better and more aggressive. i predict they get eight wins and a bowl bid. i'd love to see a usc upset too.

let's go irish.
    Cheers,
    --Tank

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankjeep View Post
    clausen and company will represent this year. the o-line is bigger and stronger and with the duel threat of hughes/allen in the backfield (with plenty of depth too)....the irish will bounce back nicely from last year.

the defense should be much better and more aggressive. i predict they get eight wins and a bowl bid. i'd love to see a usc upset too.

let's go irish.
    Some of the question marks are the D-line which was bad against the run last year and they lost Trevor Laws to the NFL. The DB's lost Darrin Walls for the season who was the best cover corner. Looking at the schedule I'm optimistic too, but there still are some question marks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry34 View Post
    Some of the question marks are the D-line which was bad against the run last year and they lost Trevor Laws to the NFL. The DB's lost Darrin Walls for the season who was the best cover corner. Looking at the schedule I'm optimistic too, but there still are some question marks.
    yeah laws will be hard to replace but we do have ian williams and paddy mullen coming up and based on spring workouts and conditioning...they are looking good. don't forget pat kuntz came back looking in better shape and will be moved to end. so the d-line is coming along....whether it will be ready, that's up in the air.

darrin walls will be missed but terrail lambert will step up most definately and then you have talent in gary gray and raeshon mcneil. they're speedy and play very phyical.

i'm very optimistic about this years team....i have to be, being irish and catholic isn't prerequisite but it does help.
    Cheers,
    --Tank

vCash
    yeah laws will be hard to replace but we do have ian williams and paddy mullen coming up and based on spring workouts and conditioning...they are looking good. don't forget pat kuntz came back looking in better shape and will be moved to end. so the d-line is coming along....whether it will be ready, that's up in the air.

darrin walls will be missed but terrail lambert will step up most definately and then you have talent in gary gray and raeshon mcneil. they're speedy and play very phyical.

i'm very optimistic about this years team....i have to be, being irish and catholic isn't prerequisite but it does help.
    Yeah, I have to admit I'm pretty excited myself. I've been reading everything on NDnation.com. But after last year I'm just trying not to get my hopes up too high.
    I really think that the offensive line is going to improve by leaps and bounds. The front 5 are all upperclassmen now and I've heard great things about the previously unknown Chris Stewart. Clausen has put on weight and supposedly looks like a different QB.
    Despite my worries about the D-Line I still think they are going to win a least 7 games and go to a bowl. Hopefully we can at least challenge USC this year.

And by the way I'm Irish and Catholic too my friend.

vCash
    While i'm very concerned about Walls not being there, of all the positions to lose a starter, Secondary was the one. We have plenty of depth. And you hit the nail on the head Chris Stewart has really come on.

What i'm most worried about is we still dont' have a LT.

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    While i'm very concerned about Walls not being there, of all the positions to lose a starter, Secondary was the one. We have plenty of depth. And you hit the nail on the head Chris Stewart has really come on.

What i'm most worried about is we still dont' have a LT.
    Yeah I hear ya. I by no means think we are going to have an O-Line comparable to USC/OSU. But I just think we may be able to pick up a few 1st downs by way of the run and not have to throw it up for grabs 3rd and long every series. Weis sounds dedicated to improving the run game and with more experienced lineman it should make for a much more balanced attack.

vCash
    I do think he's learned that a power running game, coupled with great passing is the way to go, not shoot for great passing, and not run at all.

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    Yeah I hear ya. I by no means think we are going to have an O-Line comparable to USC/OSU. But I just think we may be able to pick up a few 1st downs by way of the run and not have to throw it up for grabs 3rd and long every series. Weis sounds dedicated to improving the run game and with more experienced lineman it should make for a much more balanced attack.

i read also that the o-line is averaging 330 lb across the board....and that they've gotten considerably stronger (durability). so hopeful they gel and play consistently during the season. and with clausen being a bit bigger in muscle, he can take more hits....not that we want our qb getting hit, but last year he was a ragdoll out there.
    Cheers,
    --Tank

vCash
    i read also that the o-line is averaging 330 lb across the board....and that they've gotten considerably stronger (durability). so hopeful they gel and play consistently during the season. and with clausen being a bit bigger in muscle, he can take more hits....not that we want our qb getting hit, but last year he was a ragdoll out there.
    Naw not 330 avg. But they are all over 300lbs. Here's a depth chart with weights. I guess we'll see in a few weeks. NDnation has a bunch of video's of practice and drills if you really want to see what the different positions are up to. It's actually pretty cool if you're a psycho fan.
    Yeah, I'm pretty pumped since I just found out I have another ticket connection so I might make it to a few more games besides Syracuse this season.

vCash
    Why don't we just call this the Notre Dame thread? It would attract more of an ND discussion since it's so hidden now.

vCash
    Naw not 330 avg. But they are all over 300lbs. Here's a depth chart with weights. I guess we'll see in a few weeks. NDnation has a bunch of video's of practice and drills if you really want to see what the different positions are up to. It's actually pretty cool if you're a psycho fan.
    Yeah, I'm pretty pumped since I just found out I have another ticket connection so I might make it to a few more games besides Syracuse this season.
    NDnation is awesome, except it doesn't update but once a day. I dislike that. Yes it's plenty of info.

Also can someone tell Jimmy how to handle the press. Please don't always mention your love affair with Kumura. Let the defense's figure out he's your go to guy.

And yes this should be the ND thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    NDnation is awesome, except it doesn't update but once a day. I dislike that. Yes it's plenty of info.

Also can someone tell Jimmy how to handle the press. Please don't always mention your love affair with Kumura. Let the defense's figure out he's your go to guy.

And yes this should be the ND thread.
    Yeah, it sucks in the offseason because there will only be a couple of articles posted a day, and most of them are about recruits. But this time of year I can hardly keep up with all the links they have on there.

I don't get to listen to the interviews as much because I'm at work. I'll have to check out that Clausen interview. Has the whole picture of him with a beer thing blown over yet or what?

vCash
    I think it was blown over when on the first presser of the year Weis said give me a break, theres no proof he was even drinking. Give me a break we are moving on.

Claussen does need to cut his hair though.

vCash
    Just watched some of the Clausen interview. He somehow has found a worse haircut than the spike he had a few years ago.

vCash
    There's a lot of good interviews with players and coaches on ND's website for those who can't wait 19 days to get their fix.

http://und.cstv.com/

Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast