Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Great to see that we have a few Irish fans on here, that will be the main team i will be talking about while I'm here on the forum. Got big expectations for this season, Clausen has looked good in training, added a bit of muscle, we have a 3 headed running attack, and the O-line should be better (It can't be any worse). Floyd looks like he is ready to contribute now, Kamara/Tate/Floyd is a nice looking receiving core, Rudolph will also be big from the TE spot, was a shame that Ragone went down for the season, but I'm happy to see that Rudolph will be given the chance, and every depth chart over the past couple of days has listed Rudolph ahead of Yeatmen. Easier schedule this year, coupled with a talented team and i think a bowl game is on the cards at the end of the season.

FIGHTING IRISH

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockneNDIrish View Post
    Great to see that we have a few Irish fans on here, that will be the main team i will be talking about while I'm here on the forum. Got big expectations for this season, Clausen has looked good in training, added a bit of muscle, we have a 3 headed running attack, and the O-line should be better (It can't be any worse). Floyd looks like he is ready to contribute now, Kamara/Tate/Floyd is a nice looking receiving core, Rudolph will also be big from the TE spot, was a shame that Ragone went down for the season, but I'm happy to see that Rudolph will be given the chance, and every depth chart over the past couple of days has listed Rudolph ahead of Yeatmen. Easier schedule this year, coupled with a talented team and i think a bowl game is on the cards at the end of the season.

FIGHTING IRISH
    yeah the softer schedule should help the cause. i'm glad that charlie gave up the play calling duties to focus on being strictly the head coach. from what i've been reading the o-line looks to be stronger this year (although the article above doesn't boast that), but what i mean is that they should get stronger as the game progresses where last year it was the total opposite.

chicagofan71, can you say thanks for the memories?? yesterday i watched the '79 soup bowl comeback and "rudy" again.....so i've got my fix but i want more cowbell....er, i mean, irish football. don't even bring up the usc game....i was so flippin' mad that nite. what a friggin' hose job that game was. i could care less that leinhart got pushed in, it's the referees blowing the call on whether it was a fumble or not when leinhart got hit. and besides the point, they had no timeouts and the game should've finished as it originally did before the referees goofed. time expired, game over. the dumb line judge marked leinhart's forward progress, therefore time expired. then they want to say it was a fumble, but they still placed the ball at the forward progress, when the ball went out a yard or two behind. bogus. it was all a conspiracy.

pete carroll is a cheater anyway.
    Cheers,
    --Tank

vCash
    I'm so siked for the season, the O-line has buffed up a little bit, and with more experience which is vital at NCAA level it will be twice as good as last year. Clausen looks like he will be the QB that everyone expected he would be when he recruited him. I'm happy with the running game, 3 capable runners in the backfield is a bonus for any team. Can't wait to see Floyd on the field, it's not often a Freshman gets singled out for praise by the HC the OC and the QB ina single fall pre season. Now that Ragone has gone down there will be some pressure on Rudolph to deliver......

Bowl game this year?, what do you reckon?

vCash
    ^oh yeah, i think a bowl game, but nothing in the bcs category. that's too much to expect.

yeah, hughes/aldridge/allen should be awesome to watch, but i'm sure hughes will be the go to guy and allen will come in to be the scat back runner. aldridge will be hughes backup.

i'm just hoping that the offense gives the defense the rest they need & puts points on the board with long drives. last year was bad and the defense didn't look as good as they did on paper. by games end they were exhausted and teams burned them for it.
    Cheers,
    --Tank

vCash
    You know when we can only run the ball for 70 odd yards a game we are never going to be able to put long drives together, compeltely agree that the Offense has got to be on the field more. Everything points to them being able to do that, everytime we got a drive going last year we got sacked and moved backwards. Allen seems to be the main guy on KR and PR, Hughes is impressive I'm hoping he gets the nod as the main guy. I'm interested to see how the receivers do this year, i really want to see Floyd on the field. Not long to go now though, San Diego state are the first victims

vCash
    I'm excited for this season too. But there is a small part of me that wonders if we have really gotten over the hump yet. I mean I'm not worried about Navy or San Diego St. but with still a pretty young team who knows what can happen against Mich. St, Purdue, BC, ect. The last couple games of last season were pretty encouraging, but I guess we'll know what we have in a week.

vCash
    ND vs. San Diego St. Tickets are on sale right now. I just got 4.
    http://und.cstv.com/tickets/nd-tickets.html

vCash
    Absolutely Jerry, its across the board though, nobody really knows what they have until we see them out on the field, but from the practises, interviews and general attitude i wouldn't be too worried, we have the skills, we now have the coaches. I think it is huge that Weis won't interfere with Haywood's play calling and that we brought in Tenuta. Our defense should be agressive, i expect players like Crum to have a big season. Really can't wait for the season now.

vCash
    We will see. Hopefully they do well so I can make more money next year.

Lou says they win 11. So they will win 11 I guess.

I think if they beat Michigan they go to a New Years Day bowl, if they lose to Michigan they might be bowl eligible.

They have an easy schedule this year so winning 9-11 games really isnt all that unthinkable.

I still dont get why Charlie isnt calling the plays.
    Free Doug

vCash
    I guess I'm just apprehensive to get really high on the team this year after last season (I really need to let last year go). I still have question marks about both O and D line until I see them in game action. Interviews and practice film just doesn't do it for me. I think if we can do well up front on both sides of the ball we will win some games. I'm also pretty pumped that I got tickets to the San Diego St. game 15 minutes ago. Score!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poodski View Post
    We will see. Hopefully they do well so I can make more money next year.

Lou says they win 11. So they will win 11 I guess.

I think if they beat Michigan they go to a New Years Day bowl, if they lose to Michigan they might be bowl eligible.

They have an easy schedule this year so winning 9-11 games really isnt all that unthinkable.

I still dont get why Charlie isnt calling the plays.
    I don't get it either. I really haven't seen him giving up the play calling as such a huge plus like a lot of other people have. It didn't matter who called plays last year because they couldn't block anybody.

vCash
    Wish i could go to the games, but been watching from England for years now, plan on getting over for a game soon though. Yer the lines are very important, the O-line is the main issue for me, I'm quietly confident for the D-line. I think everything will stem of Wenger in the centre, I'm still not sold on Turkovich but we will see, San Diego shouldn't be a big test but who knows.

Poodski Charlie isn't calling the plays because he thought and other thought that he was too invovled with the QB's and the offense and wasn't spending enough time with the defense, the HC should spend equal time with all area's of the team and he wasn't doing that, gives him a better chance to evaluate all the talent across the fields, Offense/Defense/Kicking/Special teams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockneNDIrish View Post
    Wish i could go to the games, but been watching from England for years now, plan on getting over for a game soon though. Yer the lines are very important, the O-line is the main issue for me, I'm quietly confident for the D-line. I think everything will stem of Wenger in the centre, I'm still not sold on Turkovich but we will see, San Diego shouldn't be a big test but who knows.

Poodski Charlie isn't calling the plays because he thought and other thought that he was too invovled with the QB's and the offense and wasn't spending enough time with the defense, the HC should spend equal time with all area's of the team and he wasn't doing that, gives him a better chance to evaluate all the talent across the fields, Offense/Defense/Kicking/Special teams
    I know "why" he isnt calling them I just dont get why. If that makes sense.

ND didnt sign him for 10 years to not call the plays. He is a an offensive genius and as much as I dont like ND, he should be calling the plays. He brought in a DC so let that guy run the D and just focus on your offense. Thats your bread and butter treat it as such. Not many people in college football can run an offense like Charlie and taking that out of his hands at least to me is a huge mistake. I understand delegating, but when you are so much better than anyone else at the job you should take the reins.

Also have you ever been to ND stadium? Like I said I dont care much for ND but its beautiful. I love it there. I was at the UCLA game 2 years ago when they won in the last minute with the pass to Shark. I was about 20 rows up on the 35 yardline. Just simply amazing. And last year I got to go the USC game. If you watch the game in the endzones they have bleachers and me and behindmydesk were in the third row of them on the south endzone.

Simply amazing seats. The song girls walked 7 feet from us and I actually got to stand on the grass. I ll never get to do that again. I try to go to at least one game a year.
    Free Doug

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poodski View Post
    I know "why" he isnt calling them I just dont get why. If that makes sense.

ND didnt sign him for 10 years to not call the plays. He is a an offensive genius and as much as I dont like ND, he should be calling the plays. He brought in a DC so let that guy run the D and just focus on your offense. Thats your bread and butter treat it as such. Not many people in college football can run an offense like Charlie and taking that out of his hands at least to me is a huge mistake. I understand delegating, but when you are so much better than anyone else at the job you should take the reins.

Also have you ever been to ND stadium? Like I said I dont care much for ND but its beautiful. I love it there. I was at the UCLA game 2 years ago when they won in the last minute with the pass to Shark. I was about 20 rows up on the 35 yardline. Just simply amazing. And last year I got to go the USC game. If you watch the game in the endzones they have bleachers and me and behindmydesk were in the third row of them on the south endzone.

Simply amazing seats. The song girls walked 7 feet from us and I actually got to stand on the grass. I ll never get to do that again. I try to go to at least one game a year.
    To an extent i agree with you completely, I'm sure he will still have a lot of say in it, and if after a couple of games of what he perceives to be below par play calling, i will not be surprised to see making the calls again. I think it was important in the off season training to get to work with all aspects of the team but now the season is upon us we will just have to wait and see what happens.

Unfortunately not, I'm in college myself so getting the funds to travel to ND is near impossible, although I'm in my last year this year so I'm hoping that over the next couple of years i will be able to get out there and see a game, the atmosphere seems electric on TV, but i undertant you can never really get a true measure of what it is like on TV. Sounds great that you got to go on the field though. Naturally I'm a Cubs fan so Shark is still one of my favorite players, that situation couldn't of worked any better lol Which team do you follow?

vCash
    I follow Michigan and Ball State.
    Free Doug

Page 15 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast